Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does WoW get fun post trial?

Hi guys, I've been playing the WoW trial eagerly anticipating the day I buy it but at level 20 you can only do so much and the game is so incredibly repetitive.
    Does it get better?

I mean, there's 70 more levels, so yeah, it gets better

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words. Oh yea.

The entire questing system is repetitive, so you'll have to do that (or BGs and Dungeons) up until max level. Max level dungeon and raids are actually a lot of fun to begin with, but they do eventually dull down into a chore. At least in my experience. If you haven't played the entire game, I'd say give it a try at least.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    you have 70 more levels worth of stuff to do, of course it does, but then again- that depends on your preferred type of 'fun'. There will always be quests, dungeons, to do as you level, but most of the content is designed for max level--- such as the raids, pvp, crafting higher end gear etc. Tons to do, if you look for it, ask around, find a good guild. Been playing for over 9yrs myself-- still love it. WoW is what you make of it honestly.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Deleted
    You'll continue to discover certain aspects of the game as you reach level cap, but at that point it becomes repetitive aswell.
    To solve this Blizzard adds new content to the game every so often to keep it interesting, but all in all it's the same thing in a different skin.
    If you can appreciate these aspects however, you'll enjoy the game like the other 7.5 million players.
    If not, you atleast tried.

better is a matter of opinion. imo it does but ive played the game for 7 years. i know the story and the characters, and grew up with the RTS games so i love the game. tbh though if you dont feel the addiction by now you're probably better off just playing other types of games or ftp ones, WoW is not an acquired taste imo.

If you don't like running the same 5 dungeons over and over again at 20, you probably won't like it at 90.

It does get better, there are more mechanics and abilities that require a bit more attention than at 20, but that core of dungeon spamming never leaves. They do restrict you from running them more than once a week though. However, if you want something that doesn't feel like Nascar in mmo form, I'd look elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back during wrath and bc I would say the game got much better. End game now isn't very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    your in for 70 levels of the same thing but hey at 90 you can spam dungeons and LFR then do raids if your in a guild that lets you which in itself isn't really fun because your likely to spend more time wiping and staring at the boss than fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

If you're coming from another relatively new rpg then yes it won't get much better. The grinds are there if you ignore the storylines and scenery. But different strokes for different folks i guess.

Though I should point out that almost 50% of the multiplayer content is at max level (level 90) so if you want, you can buy the game for one month and see how you like it.

Sounds like I might not buy in after all :/ (Wasn't planning to buy MoP)

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Are you kidding? MoP had amazing end game raids.
    Opinions are a fun thing to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    No, not really.
    This reply along with that signature is just delicious. I'd say more, but I think that's enough. Simply delicious.

On topic: of course it gets better, but it requires a fair bit of time to get into, and if you don't have friends to play with, I'd say there are games more worth your time out there.

Edit: mind you, the WoW community is filled to the brim with whiners. It's among the most vile communities out there - questions like this will almost definitely result in an overall negative response. The fact remains that WoW has been one of the most played games for almost a decade, and that fact speaks for itself.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2014-01-05 at 09:23 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and No, it all depends on the people you surround yourself with IMO.

Wow is pretty much based around max level content, there's very few things to do at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Are you kidding? MoP had amazing end game raids.
    We were the janitors of MoP..."HEY LOOK, the mogu made a mess...go clean it up" "no wait the bugs are making noise, GO THERE!"

"Now what"

"UH UH, LOOK the mogu AGAIN! NO WAIT, LOOK AT THAT STINKY ORC!"

Deleted
    Just go on PTR and test playing a lvl 90. Early leveling is about the worst part of the game. There is a reason after all that many risk their accounts with botting just to skip the leveling phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lareeyon View Post
    We were the janitors of MoP..."HEY LOOK, the mogu made a mess...go clean it up" "no wait the bugs are making noise, GO THERE!"

"Now what"

"UH UH, LOOK the mogu AGAIN! NO WAIT, LOOK AT THAT STINKY ORC!"
    As opposite to "hey,look,naga are being noisy,blood elves are messing with the continent" or "illidan is being bad boy,spank him"?