Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Holinka Tweet: MoP will have another PvP season!

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/420640430888198144

"We're planning an additional PvP season for mists. Details on end of season rewards, timeline, & new gear to come soon."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account

New PvP Season

@Shaee33 @Matteygf We're planning an additional PvP season for mists. Details on end of season rewards, timeline, & new gear to come soon.
    It seems like there will be using the extra PvP season that they had up in their hat. I kind of expected it, it would have been a long season without it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Hardly unexpected since 5.4 introduced stuff for another season, but nice confirmation.

I already created a thread for this.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It seems like there will be using the extra PvP season that they had up in their hat. I kind of expected it, it would have been a long season without it.
    This sucks. That means there will be another 4-5 months once this new season launches before WoD. I don't want a new season I just started gearing alts with the catchup system. There is no need for a new season especially the way warriors are now? More gear and omfg im going to have to main warriors so I can literally CS and crit for 300k..... God I hope this is a troll post.

That kind of sucks tbh. Means the xpac is gonna take awhile to get here.

Juuuuust nearly finished gearing, and now another season is coming, bleh.

Ugh, 548 ilvl gear... incoming baseline resilience increase and battle fatigue. I am wondering if heals from non healer classes will even do anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    This sucks. That means there will be another 4-5 months once this new season launches before WoD. I don't want a new season I just started gearing alts with the catchup system. There is no need for a new season especially the way warriors are now? More gear and omfg im going to have to main warriors so I can literally CS and crit for 300k..... God I hope this is a troll post.
    Don't accuse others of trolling while talking about 300k crits from a warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Ugh, 548 ilvl gear... incoming baseline resilience increase and battle fatigue. I am wondering if heals from non healer classes will even do anything....
    Hopefully not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I already created a thread for this.
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Well the good thing is we might be finally able to match the dragon chasers...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Big news for WoD launch pushback IMO. Late summer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Don't accuse others of trolling while talking about 300k crits from a warrior.
    As of now I can crit 150k on my warrior. 300k may have been a bit high on the numbers but everyone knows how well warriors scale with gear. Just look at what happend this season do you really want another season of warriors facerolling their keyboards to 2k rating? This is also coming from the guy who is now a warrior main and admits to how OP broken they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Did you honestly expect anything else ?

Deleted
    nooooooooooo , just no no no no noooooo (((((((((((((((((((.
    They promised us a fast xpac , they said there wont be another dragon soul , they said sooner that u expect. I love wow so much that i had so much patience with Dragon soul and still a loyal customer and kept on playing and waited for mists. But i promise , if you guys do another " a year of dragonsoul" im sure i wont be the only one out.

Am i overreacting guys? :<

don't worry, the power classes with get a token nerf and he will think it all fine and dandy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Or it's to keep PVPers entertained and we shouldn't read too much into this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can we get a mod to mege http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...New-PvP-Season into this thread for less confusion please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callmedeath View Post
    They promised us a fast xpac , they said there wont be another dragon soul , they said sooner that u expect. I love wow so much that i had so much patience with Dragon soul and still a loyal customer and kept on playing and waited for mists. But i promise , if you guys do another " a year of dragonsoul" im sure i wont be the only one out.

I guess you didn't raid during ICC? We had ICC for a year and don't even give me that but we got Ruby Sanctum. RS was downed on 25 man heroic in 25 minutes on my server. But I agree this will be bad news if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Callmedeath View Post

Not overreacting. They need to come up with something else to hold over the other half of the playerbase aswell. Either some 1 boss loot piñata, or something besides useless timeless isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll be playing ROS...