Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should Have Group Will Travel be returned?

I would like to hear your opinions. I really want the spell back, personally.

I don't see the need for it. You have summon stones in front of all instances already.

Deleted
    Since they even scrap flying till 6.1 I guess the answer will be no.
    I hope they remove warlock portals & stone portals as well so that random ppl might not make me wait for years after they joined grp (especially for ordos / celestials - it's ridiculous how people look for a group before flying to the isle...)

No, Blizz pretty much stated that it was one of the worst things they added to Cata and it was a driving factor in making the world feel smaller, which plagued Cata aka sit in Stormwind and wait for a summon simuator 2010.
    You just lost The Game

I think it was a fun idea, but from what I can tell it was abused from the designers idea. The end result being to get rid of it was easier then making it way more complex. It largely turned into a device for many players to not bother traveling anywhere in a guild event and Blizz wanted people to have to move around on their own. I appreciate the convenience but it's probably a good thing it's gone. They are removing all guild perks anyway in 6.0 I think(don't quote me but I know hearing something about blizz not liking guild levels). I think it should have been a Mage spell myself. Just like mass rez should have been a paladin ability.

Haha, the name of the skill made me re-read the title a few times out of confusion.

I loved it for random things, usually smaller groups. One or two guildies who offer to help you with something when you're in the middle of nowhere. I saw little use for it in raids. It was convenient, but mostly for random scenarios.

I wish it would come back.

yes, to some extent. for example, when you clear a raid on Mythical difficulty you should get a teleport spell just like challenge modes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ability should of never existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    No, Blizz pretty much stated that it was one of the worst things they added to Cata and it was a driving factor in making the world feel smaller
    That's odd. I feel flying was far more responsible for that feeling than Have Group Will Travel. Pity they won't remove flying, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was convenient at times, and good for trolling I suppose.....but I don't miss it that much. Then again, I play a warlock. With two buddies I *am* HGWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    That's odd. I feel flying was far more responsible for that feeling than Have Group Will Travel. Pity they won't remove flying, however.
    Well the thing with flying is that at least you still have to go somewhere manually. HGWT let you warp from Stranglethorn to Icecrown instantly, so long as you had a party member there.

Although I do agree that flying had a large effect as well.

1. no
    2. This was the only reason For the Horde (and whatever the alliance version) was ever accomplished at the time.
    3. no
    4. Why do we need it? Isn't that what the "I" key is for?

15+ Year Old Account
    As already mentioned, there is a Meeting Stone outside every dungeon and raid which you can use two players to summon the rest of the raid. You also might have warlocks which works the same way. Why should they add something that causes two other things to become obsolete?

I can't think of any seriously compelling reasons for its return. "I liked it," doesn't fit the bill.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    It should come back in the form of a group summon with some form of CD, maybe require 3 members of a party/raid to participate. Warlocks shouldn't be imposed upon for a fluff spell it just happens their class to have.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    The ability should of never existed in the first place.
    Pretty much. People already spend 90% of their time in-game in a major city waiting in some kind of god dammed queue. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a large open world when the game has become a glorified Xbox lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Warlocks shouldn't be imposed upon for a fluff spell it just happens their class to have.
    I've never really understood this sentiment since they removed the soul shard aspect of summoning from the game. Since that removal, I can't say I've ever really felt that inconvenienced by being the summoner. In a game that continues to become more homogenized I like having something that still feels pretty unique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speech500 View Post
    I would like to hear your opinions. I really want the spell back, personally.
    On a 3-7 day cooldown maybe, or make summon stones summon the entire raid at once.

I thought it was incredibly handy.

However, it does reduce travel time, and on that basis Blizzard and everyone who supports the removal of flying until 6.1 will undoubtedly oppose its return.

Edit: Yes, I know there are numerous good reasons for this particularly ability to stay gone, I was just feeling sarcastic when I started to reply. If it returned, it should come back as described above: a longer cooldown that requires a group effort to activate. (I would say that it should have a guild-wide cooldown, but that would just open it up for trolling).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    No, Blizz pretty much stated that it was one of the worst things they added to Cata and it was a driving factor in making the world feel smaller, which plagued Cata aka sit in Stormwind and wait for a summon simuator 2010.
    Maybe the world is just too small? 9 year old game remember