Deleted

Fix the CAPTCHA on this site

Took me ~20 tries to enter the correct string. Seriously?
    Was about to register a new account just to discover it has a captcha aswell.
    Please fix it, drives me mad.

Deleted
    Glad it worked for you, worked for me on the 20. time aswell

I never had do enter any Captcha. You are probably just not an accurate typer, which is why you entered your login info wrong and then the Captcha as well (my guess is that a Captcha appears when you enter bad login information). There's nothing MMOC can really do about people not typing what they actually intend to type.

Deleted
    It's bugged when you try to reply to your own infraction appeal (at least it was in the past).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I never had do enter any Captcha. You are probably just not an accurate typer, which is why you entered your login info wrong and then the Captcha as well (my guess is that a Captcha appears when you enter bad login information). There's nothing MMOC can really do about people not typing what they actually intend to type.
    You are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about sites remove CAPTCHA all together..
    Everytime I have to make an account for some site , I gotta do CAPTCHA and eventho I generally have little problems with it, there are some highly annoying ones.

Also, I think the OP had to enter CAPTCHA to make a new account rather then bad login.

Deleted
    Had to recover my password since chrome didnt save it, for some reason.
    I dont think the captcha is bugged here, the things are just a pain to read, here its worse than on any other site i have encountered. Maybe there is a tolerance level to adjust which is configured very strict, or i just had really really bad luck.
    But i remember when creatng this account i almost gave up because it was driving me insane.
    Additionally the "listen" option does not work at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    How about sites remove CAPTCHA all together..
    Everytime I have to make an account for some site , I gotta do CAPTCHA and eventho I generally have little problems with it, there are some highly annoying ones.

Also, I think the OP had to enter CAPTCHA to make a new account rather then bad login.
    Oh CAPTCHA, the bane of internauts. And bots as well...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Oh CAPTCHA, the bane of internauts. And bots as well...
    Yeah, we sure don't get spammed on these forums!

Deleted
    Had no problems with it about 15 minutes ago myself.

I went back to verify, we are just using reCAPTCHA like many, many other sites. There is a refresh button on the widget if you really can't read the choice it gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I went back to verify, we are just using reCAPTCHA like many, many other sites. There is a refresh button on the widget if you really can't read the choice it gives you.
    Yea, i find if it's got the refresh button than I generally don't fail even the first try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Yea, i find if it's got the refresh button than I generally don't fail even the first try.
    That's because unlike other methods, ReCAPTCHA actually uses real text from older books as their captchas, not some randomly maimed and heavily distorted random text. In addition, it uses his own community to constantly add new captcha forms. It's by far the best captcha out there, and as an added bonus, it uses the power of the internet to digitize older books.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too have to keep refreshing CAPTCHA on different sites until I get an intelligible one... I know there are different software and codes, so maybe MMOC should use a more decent one.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I too have to keep refreshing CAPTCHA on different sites until I get an intelligible one... I know there are different software and codes, so maybe MMOC should use a more decent one.
    Thing is, MMOC is already using the one which most people find the best.

However, because it's so prevalent, it's often a side victim of 4chan spamming.

Basically, recaptcha is 2 words. 1 is already known what it is through the crowd and needs to be correct, but the other one is crowdguessed (and often harder to read). 99% of people who fill in recaptcha captchas do so properly and thus give a decent idea of what a certain word is. BUT whenever 4chan, Anonymous or another group wants to bomb or screw with an internet poll or "election" with captchas, they have this system:

1) if both words are clearly legible: fill them both in. other people have processed them, so it's known what they are.
    2) if one of the words is hard to read and the other is clear, fill in the clear word and give for the other word "penis" or some other word. The key to this is that SOMETIMES ANY ANSWER GOES! it can read something with p, e, n, i or s and you can still enter penis into it and it will work.
    3) if both words seem like they're hard to read, just refresh. You always have 1 word which you can mislead through this spam, but if it's not clear which word that is, you can't risk it.

so if you have one where 1 of them is hard to read, you can try entering your best guess and it will be seen as the real word, even if you have 1 or more letters wrong.