Thread: Thanks WoW

Thanks WoW

I quit due to RL restrictions almost a year ago (I'm now a teacher).

I just happened onto the Invincible track tonight after watching that new a capella WoW track video.

My nostalgia meter broke and I have been hovering over the resub button for about 3 hours... I have no time to play at all, but (some might call sadly) I pine to ride through the Terrokar Forest, sit on an island in Nagrand, Soar over Howling Fjord, burst through The Dark Portal, fish off the bridge in Redridge...

Best leave it to nostalgia... but man the memories, for that I'll always be glad I played.
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Amen. It wasn't the gameplay alone that made classic and the first few expansions great, it was the sights and stories and memories.

Deleted
    Well, there are sweet memories from the game, I had so much fun in Wotlk. However, my account is frozen since 16th nov 2011. I haven't felt any reason to go back, game has offered me nothing exciting worth returning for. Next expansion could be fun, but then Ghostcrawler pushed the epic fail item squish and then rushed to leave the building. And also, I don't think the game is worth 2 times xpac fee (must buy pandaland as well) and then subfee to that. I doubt I will get a beta considering my Wow gaming activity, and I dont know if you need a current subscription as well, but if I did get a key for beta I would try that and test for a little bit... But 99,9999 % sure no beta, so I just keep on leaving the game as it was, with some sweet memories of Wotlk and unfortunately the painful xpac called Cataclysm that made me leave the game. Life goes on though, lots of other games to play and enjoy out there =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wholeheartedly agree with you - nothing beats my memories of Vanilla, doing the sealion quest on my druid and trecking across the world for it, exploring a lethal Ashenvale, trying to underman group quests, running from Tyrannosaurs in Un'goro crater, attacking crossroads for fun and giggles. Such an exciting place it used to be

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, there are sweet memories from the game, I had so much fun in Wotlk. However, my account is frozen since 16th nov 2011. I haven't felt any reason to go back, game has offered me nothing exciting worth returning for. Next expansion could be fun, but then Ghostcrawler pushed the epic fail item squish and then rushed to leave the building. And also, I don't think the game is worth 2 times xpac fee (must buy pandaland as well) and then subfee to that. I doubt I will get a beta considering my Wow gaming activity, and I dont know if you need a current subscription as well, but if I did get a key for beta I would try that and test for a little bit... But 99,9999 % sure no beta, so I just keep on leaving the game as it was, with some sweet memories of Wotlk and unfortunately the painful xpac called Cataclysm that made me leave the game. Life goes on though, lots of other games to play and enjoy out there =)
    dont think gametime reflects on ur chances of beta or not, ive been subbed since 2006, never cancelled my sub, and play at least 3hrs a day. ive never gotten a beta...

And all this is why blizzard should make vanilla/TBC realms.

I would play it. No point inn private servers if Blizzard dosen't support it trough, so never bothered. Also no addons...argh.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you - nothing beats my memories of Vanilla, doing the sealion quest on my druid and trecking across the world for it, exploring a lethal Ashenvale, trying to underman group quests, running from Tyrannosaurs in Un'goro crater, attacking crossroads for fun and giggles. Such an exciting place it used to be
    Literally as I read that I'm now listening to Ashenvale music from Vanilla - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4U4vr_Ra3o

I remember being a level 15 or something Night Elf warrior and just being overwhelmed - That was 7 years ago...

Althought my guildies Mechanostrider clumping along used to ruin the ambiance a bit! But hey level 40 mate protection in Ashenvale was a necessity!
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    step one: enable account

step two: enable parental controls to limit your play time.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    step one: enable account

step two: enable parental controls to limit your play time.
    It's not the inability to control myself, it's more resubbing for a simple nostalgia burst (which isn't even really there anymore!) Happy to leave it be.

I was an Alliance player back in the day (quit as Horde) but this - the original Elwynn Music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvW-QTiZLQ0 - beautiful.

A lot of people play with music off - I get that. But man there were some amazing pieces if you like classical.
    Last edited by Grelsha; 2014-01-08 at 11:17 PM.

Grelsha@ I can't listen to Ashenvale music without being emotional and a little sad all off a sudden. Just typing it now sucks...

Thats how much I miss wow from back then. But yea, people will just say "herp derp wow better u nostalgic tard"...If I speak up.

It will never come again with another game I'm afraid.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Grelsha@ I can't listen to Ashenvale music without being emotional and a little sad all off a sudden. Just typing it now sucks...

Thats how much I miss wow from back then. But yea, people will just say "herp derp wow better u nostalgic tard"...If I speak up.

Completely get what you're saying, WoW was my first MMO and I got into it by accident after seeing a TV advert for the trial when they upped their numbers Pre-BC launch. The sense of awe has never been replicated by any game since. I've tried so many different ones to see if I can get it again. Still... nice to have had it though.

I'm not preaching Vanilla, BC, WoTLK etc were better or not but that was my time.

Yeah. It's almost unbelievable the level of nostalgia and memories that come flooding back listening to some of these vanilla tracks. My very soul is stirred and the emotions swell. It really was a magical time during those first few years of classic WoW. I wouldn't trade the memories for anything as it is unlikely I will ever have another experience like it. The new comers will never understand, but us old timers.. we remember WoW in its original glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grelsha View Post
    I quit due to RL restrictions almost a year ago (I'm now a teacher).

I just happened onto the Invincible track tonight after watching that new a capella WoW track video.

My nostalgia meter broke and I have been hovering over the resub button for about 3 hours... I have no time to play at all, but (some might call sadly) I pine to ride through the Terrokar Forest, sit on an island in Nagrand, Soar over Howling Fjord, burst through The Dark Portal, fish off the bridge in Redridge...

Best leave it to nostalgia... but man the memories, for that I'll always be glad I played.
    On the plus side, maybe it actually will one day go free to play, then you can just leisurely enjoy some weekends in Azeroth. When you don't have papers to grade of course.

now I didn't quit wow yet... but I must say listening to these soundtrack that they were incredible. those music reminds me of much many good times...

Also no addons...argh.
    There are loads of addons out there for older versions of the game, they should come up if you do a quick google search.