Thread: 1vs1 Arenas

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

1vs1 Arenas

Hi. I made an online petition to try implement the 1vs1 Arenas in the next World of Warcraft expansion "Warlords of Draenor".

I think the best way to implement the 1v1 Arenas is similar to the Battleground system.
    When you reach level 10 you can que up for "Duels".
    Once you enter the Duel area (Arena) Your cooldowns get reset.
    If the matches take to long, you will get buffed/debuffed after 5 minutes with 10% more damage and 10% less healing every minute.
    The reward should be exactly like the world PvP. 10 honor points for win at level 90.
    Like this it will NOT harm any other content.

Please sign the petition and leave your comments and any sugestions.

Code:
    worldofwarcraft-1vs1arenas.shodan.es
    facebook.com/Wow1vs1Arenas
    Thanks

No just no. Seriously no thats like duels which requires no skill what so ever except pop cds hope for crits and that your class counters the others. Its like when people do 1v1's in League it does not determine skill and its quite annoying. Id rather see 4v4s implemented and balancing that would be just as bad. Hell why not 11v11 arenas so we can have one of each class.

Deleted
    "Like this it will NOT harm any other content"

except forcing blizz to try and balance every class to be completely equal in PVP on every level so as not give 1 class an advantage over another......no that won't harm any other content at all

to sum up no its a terrible idea and its not the first time someone has thought it up. if you want 1vs1 just duel people as that actually won't harm any other content
    Last edited by mmoce026f1ce64; 2014-01-07 at 08:28 PM.

I would prefer solo que for 3v3 and 2v2. Random partners.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    They had this. Was called Skirmishes. Then they removed it because it took too much maintance too keep it up and many people didnt use it. (thats what they said)

For me it was one of the best things to do when I had nobody to play with or just to test addons, macros, practice some etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    "Like this it will NOT harm any other content"

except forcing blizz to try and balance every class to be completely equal in PVP on every level so as not give 1 class an advantage over another......no that won't harm any other content at all

to sum up no its a terrible idea and its not the first time someone has thought it up. if you want 1vs1 just duel people as that actually won't harm any other content
    Well, given that they already state that they don't (and won't) balance around 1v1, I doubt they would make an exception for this if it were implemented. I think it would be kind of cool if it were 100% optional, didn't tie into any rewards into it (maybe a SMALL amount of honor, conquest, or achievements; no glad, title, etc.), and were not part of the ranked arena system (similar to proving grounds). The reason I would enjoy this is because it would allow me to queue into something and have to *try* to counter it, or I would at least get more familiar with class counters in between ranked matches.

If I want to duel currently, I have to ether stand outside Org asking/waiting to duel someone who wants to, or I have to ask a buddy to come duel me. This also means that anyone can have any buff, lust, lock cookies, potions, etc. 1v1 queue could at least give someone who wants a *fair* (I know, I know...) duel the opportunity to do so on demand.

I could easily see issues with healers, tanks, and OP 1v1 classes, but with no incentive to push rating, top ladders, glad, etc., I think it may alleviate some of this. Additionally, and unfortunately as well, I think this wouldn't get the participation that Blizzard would deem necessary to funnel time, effort, and money into implement such a system given that dueling is already in the game.

All of this being said, I would rather 5v5 BG's than 1v1 arena; that's a different topic though.

Deleted
    I think 1vs1 is a great idea. Sure there will be even greater imbalance but players don't even take 2vs2 balance seriously so why would they care about 1's? If I were to face a ww monk in 1vs1 i would get to practice my skills against that particular spec and i would be perfectly fine losing more matches against them than paladin for ex.

Just because there would be balance issues doesn't make it a bad idea. And obviously healers only get to face other healers, same with tanks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Que into 2s as 1v2 is what I have done on a few classes, improves your play fast as well but you should be close to full grievous.
    The pvp community is very against this idea but I am not sure why, let them flame you it won't hurt. I find it much more fun than anything outside world pvp.
    Duels usually have no los, you need pillars etc to make it more of an interesting match.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    They had this. Was called Skirmishes.
    No, they didn't.
    Skirmishes =/= random queue for 2v2/3v3. Through arena you can get conquest Points, through skirmishes tou couldn't.

Then they removed it because it took too much maintance too keep it up and many people didnt use it. (thats what they said)
    They were actually wrong, I knew plenty of people who were using it.

For me it was one of the best things to do when I had nobody to play with or just to test addons, macros, practice some etc.
    I must agree, always before going 2v2/3v3 I was using it, it was awesome for training and took MUCH LESS time than finding someone for "WarGames", which are worse and no one use them.

They made LFR(highest raid with raid gear), so why they wouldn't make random arenas which gives you conquest points for winning? Maybe less than normal, but still.

1v1 arena is one of the worst idea for WoW PVP, can you imagine fighting with a healer? That would be stupid. Also: WoW will probably NEVER be balanced around 1v1, it isn't even balanced for 2v2(even with a high rank you still can't buy some things for PvP). And also 10 honor points per duel is kinda low if you ask me... Better go random BG -> kill someone -> get much more honor points.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2014-01-08 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Would be a nice little thing to kill some time and get honor and a tiny bit of conq per win, better than farming BGs all day anyway.

Horrible idea.

Factor in that for some classes, you can't beat a certain class because it's mechanics were designed to counter yours, it's just how the game was designed.

Eg: No matter how well I play as Elemental, I could never, not in a trillion years, ever win against even an average rogue. He could be in full white gear, have rolled the class that day, be spinning in circles in his chair and have his monitor switched off and I still wouldn't be able to get a single cast off on him.

Then there is the whole meta play style of 1v1: AKA run in pop all CD's whilst the opponent is sat in a stun and win the game.

No.

Really, No.

I think the only people that would enjoy/encourage this would be a couple of specific classes that you would face non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by hikafer View Post
    you will get buffed after 5 minutes with 10% more damage every minute.
    Sounds exciting.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-08 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    why would it be forcing? they're not even balancing around the current max level.

ot: terrible idea. if you want duels just go to durotar on a high pop server. get a friend or random to invite you to a high pop server if you're on a low pop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, they didn't.
    Skirmishes =/= random queue for 2v2/3v3. Through arena you can get conquest Points, through skirmishes tou couldn't.
    look what he queted.....

Agreed with this. Actually, I would rather they just stop awarding better gear from arena, and let me do my random battlegrounds unhindered by gear disadvantages. Arena is just too imbalanced, much like duels. But still, as long as they keep up this goofy model, I would prefer a solo queue option to team arena over duels. As imbalanced as small team skirmishes can be, duels are much worse. Still, it would be harmless to add.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    why would it be forcing? they're not even balancing around the current max level.

ot: terrible idea. if you want duels just go to durotar on a high pop server. get a friend or random to invite you to a high pop server if you're on a low pop
    Because current 1v1 balance is beyond ridiculous atm (with some classes literally being unable to kill other classes) and despite some of the ridiculous stunts and states of the game Blizzard has done nothing about, I don't think they'd ever be so oblivious of the game to release 1v1 without having balanced it.

Still a ridiculous idea and will never happen.

@OP suggesting it, if you want to get your kicks face-rolling noobs on your monk/rogue just stand outside Stormwind all day smack-talking everyone like all the other duel heroes.

Ya, im gonna have to go with just no on this one.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Because current 1v1 balance is beyond ridiculous atm (with some classes literally being unable to kill other classes) and despite some of the ridiculous stunts and states of the game Blizzard has done nothing about, I don't think they'd ever be so oblivious of the game to release 1v1 without having balanced it.
    3vs3 etc is beyond ridiculous aswell atm. I love casting 3.6s chaos bolts with the stupid goat on me. you can't force blizz into balancing 1vs1 if they give like 0 shits about pvp in general.
    look at the recent hotfixes: dk strenght increase when they obviously need defensives and not more damage, hunter ap increase (lol..). these are pve changes that imbalance pvp even more. they only look at pve.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    3vs3 etc is beyond ridiculous aswell atm. I love casting 3.6s chaos bolts with the stupid goat on me. you can't force blizz into balancing 1vs1 if they give like 0 shits about pvp in general.
    look at the recent hotfixes: dk strenght increase when they obviously need defensives and not more damage, hunter ap increase (lol..). these are pve changes that imbalance pvp even more. they only look at pve.
    I don't even think you can honestly compare 1v1 balance to 3v3 balance and be completely serious.

3v3 may not be perfect, and some comps obviously have various advantages against other comps but it's not even remotely on the same level as the imbalance in 1v1.

Like, let's be serious now.

Deleted
    Each time a 1v1 arena thread is created, a kitten dies. And a lot of kittens have died since TBC....

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Each time a 1v1 arena thread is created, a kitten dies. And a lot of kittens have died since TBC....
    This.

Literally how I imagine it is some random guy that plays some FoTM class spends all day outside Stormwind duelling people whilst maintaining his over-inflated ego. Upon people getting bored/telling him his class is overpowered, he then finds he can't receive enough self gratitude from duelling alone and so leaps on to the forums suggesting 1v1 arena would be an absolutely fantastic idea.