mouseover macro help

I use mouseover macros quite allot, but they are finniky things.....i'm wondering if anyone could show me the basic skeleton for a macro for charge or a healing spell. will charge at mouseover, and will also charge at whoever you have targeted (without mouseover). thanks much in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by dyerigan View Post
    I use mouseover macros quite allot, but they are finniky things.....i'm wondering if anyone could show me the basic skeleton for a macro for charge or a healing spell. will charge at mouseover, and will also charge at whoever you have targeted (without mouseover). thanks much in advance for any help

Charge example:

Code:
    /use [@focus,mod:alt,harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Charge

Heal example:

Code:
    /use [@focus,mod:alt,noharm,nodead][@mouseover,noharm,nodead][] Heal

These will cast the spell on your focus if you're pressing ALT and your focus is an applicable target. If you are NOT pressing ALT and are moused over a valid target then it will cast on them. If neither of those apply then it will cast on your selected target. For a resurrection spell, change the 'nodead' parameter to 'dead'. I avoid adding a 'nomod' parameter for the '@mouseover' portions because this can cause issues if the hotkey binding has Shift or CTRL in it.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2014-01-10 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added more details, clarification

Here is an addon that will make all of your action buttons follow a given template like that without wasting macro slots: ImpliedTarget

For the rez one, sub in "dead" instead of "nodead", that way you don't get an error for an inadvertent mouseover.