Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    they are recruiting more but mostly to have more people to cut from the roster. big roster for top guilds don't work out too well and Paragon in particular was running with a very tight one for a long time (as in 10 people in 10man, no reserves).

they get zero money from the endorsements. I'm not sure there is a guild in WoW that is actually getting payed for raiding (outside maybe some strange asian deals) those guys get probably some hardware and get free invites to world events (blizzcon and such) and that's it. How do they manage? Dedication and properly planned vacation days at work.

I don't think Paragon used any type of "carrot" - they are recruiting only Finns that are dedicated enough to raid massive amounts of hours. if anything they are reducing potential recruit pool with their requirements.
    Envy had 50+ people in their roster going into SoO. Worked out reasonably well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Fun fact: paragon and sanitas started 25hc same reset, paragon cleared whole content in reset while sanitas failed to kill siegecrafter.

For those who don't know, sanitas is ranked 3th in 10man.
    Didn't sanitas bring in like 5 social players that had never done heroic before? Making the transistion into 25 is more important than killing everything at this point, gear/"progress" is irrellevant. Now that they are raiding 25, new recruits will be getting a raid spot, not a bench spot, making it far more attractive to join than if they had gotten a "well, we'll use you when we go 25"-spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Envy had 50+ people in their roster going into SoO. Worked out reasonably well for them.
    Not sure about Envy but I'll be surprised when Paragon finalizes their roster in WoD and have more than 24 people on it.

Not sure about Envy but I'll be surprised when Paragon finalizes their roster in WoD and have more than 24 people on it.
    Was just to point out that many people in a roster isn't a disadvantage by any means. If you've got 50 warm bodies to throw at the bosses, you have double as many of each class as a 25 man roster, and as long as they are around, you can take full advantage of them. Sure, they might leave over time if they don't get raidspots, but by then you've taken advantage of them or don't need them anymore, anyway.

Only 4 people on the bench? I don't think you know how hardcore raiding works.

This is good.

I've always liked paragon since cataclysm. I didn't honestly take raiding seriously throughout wrath and I didn't really watch any 'videos' during BC. Even strats were explaing to my group.

So when I saw paragon as 'world first paragon vs' videos in cataclysm, it was inpsiring, I really tried, got into heroic guild in early cataclysm. Felt like I was ON MY WAY TO FINNISH VICTORY

Livebig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    Paragons sejta: "I would like to have only 20 players, just like we have 10 players on 10man, but I don't think it's possible to find 10 more players who we can rely on 100%, so we will probably end up with 22."

Great news. Mythic progress will be so fun to follow now when every top guild is doing the exact same content. Well done Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    They got the world first heroic Lich King, and stayed at the top for most of Cata. Basically they were the top guild when WoW was at it's peak, so a lot of people remember them.
    I am excited to see how they will do in WoD.
    WoW at it's peak in Cata? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    you are aware that paragon had 10 people on roster for SoO? and I think it was 11-12 people at the start of MoP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dangthe View Post
    WoW at it's peak in Cata? Are you serious?
    if you read the post you are quoting again you will see that Threadz is referring to ICC as "WoW at it's peak"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Bring back Death and Taxes vs Nihilum!
    DnT is very scattered now. The guild sort of exists again but hardly anyone is in it.

My guild has a few of the vanilla/tbc DnT people in it, and the others just don't even play afaik.

Deleted
    Nice, I'll be looking forward to some more Method vs. Paragon, seeing as method didn't really have a worthy opponent during MoP. They just were always first...

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    This thread will probably be filled with "who gives a shit" but I'm pretty happy; and the stream today was really awesome.
    I love how everyone replying to you saying "who gives a shit" is getting infracted for it :P

Strange that a top-notch guild expands their roster when Blizzard announced new raid system to be fixed at 20 people roster, right?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am looking forward for Mythic and padronization of the raid size. This will probably bring some good compeition for World Firsts.

That said, I am pretty sure Paragon will return to the number 1 spot. Who knows, maybe Method can keep up with them this time.

cool! I like this

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Strange that a top-notch guild expands their roster when Blizzard announced new raid system to be fixed at 20 people roster, right?
    My guild did the same. We were a 13-man roster, now we are at 32-man. We felt it would be less troublesome to expand now than in the future.

We most certainly will have to cut some people when Mythic comes, but we are already collecting the fruits now. We found that 25 man is way easier than 10 man (sorry guys, it is true), the loot is better, much more trinkets and Warfrogeds drop, bad players cause less impact. We already passed the progression we had in 10 man, and personally I don't want to ever return to 10 man, even if Mythic fails to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Coolcool, good to see them getting ready for Mystic in WoD.
    Time to worth out their newest strengths for 6.0.
    What's this "mystic" of which you speak?

They raped Method in many bosses already even it was their second 25 clear!! Paragon killed many bosses 10-20 seconds faster than Method have killed those according to WoL. There will be no competition in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    They raped Method in many bosses already even it was their second 25 clear!! Paragon killed many bosses 10-20 seconds faster than Method have killed those according to WoL. There will be no competition in WoD
    I don't think this means much.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is irrelevent. It's important at the start of a tier because then you can assess dps which is usually the limiting factor but you're talking about... not the start of a tier. It'll be important at WoD launch but not any more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

My guild has killed Immerseus, Protectors, Galakras, Nazgrim and Malkorok quicker than Method. Can't check siege/paragons/garrosh "easily".
    Does that mean that I think we have a stronger roster than Method? Obviously not. It just means that they either didn't focus on killing stuff as quickly as possible, had alts in their main raid, or use a less efficient tactic.
    Same can be said for Paragon VS Method. Considering they aren't really in to the alt game yet, they're running full mains which I assume Method isn't at all times =P.
    All in all, time will tell. But I wouldn't write method off just because Paragon can kill some of the bosses faster.
    Also, Paragon gets a free 130K or so raid dps over Method (at least) as their priest(s) for some reason dislike disc, so there's never really more than one in, while Paragon has two (jhazrun and Namm).