Do I need to reinstall Windows when switching out Mobo and processor?

Do I absolutely have to do a fresh install of windows or is there a way I can just wipe all my drivers and be okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt you can, but you can just try it :P
    PM me weird stuff :3

You can some times get away with it, but often you will need to do a fresh install.

10+ Year Old Account
    You MIGHT be able to, however some drivers have conflicts with others, best bet is a fresh install.

Deleted
    Id say no. It will kinda work but theres loads of stuff configured during initial setup of windows that wont get done if just swapping parts.

Im sure .net and things too compile locally on your computer after install to your specific hardware and that wont happen again until reinstall either.

Deleted
    You'll only cause yourself more problems in the future if you don't do a fresh install.

It can work without. Emphasis on "can". Especially if you're swapping motherboard chipsets or brands, just do the re-install and save yourself the headaches.

15+ Year Old Account
    What version of Windows?

There's a 99.758% chance that once you boot up said machine with the new MoBo and CPU, that you will have to re-activate windows as well. Just do a fresh install. Make a bootable USB stick, and have the installation done that way. Much faster than the traditional DVD system.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't. I've personally swapped a motherboard (a NVIDIA-based EVGA to an Intel-based Gigabyte) with no reinstall needed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters