10+ Year Old Account

WoD Release Date: Would you rather have it rushed and flawed or slow and polished?

The question is in the title. Many people seem to be mad as hell due to the fact that *gasp* that a World of Warcraft expansion might be released later than sooner (the horror!). But then again one must ask themselves these kind of questions: would you rather have them release it as soon as possible as in just have a closed Beta possibly take place a month from now and have it last for maybe three or four months and it would be most likely be completely buggy as hell with less feedback then Blizzard wants to have *OR* have the closed Beta most likely take place two months from now and release the expansion in possibly later July to mid or late August and its all good and polished and a majority of the bugs have been taken care of and a lot of feedback has occurred to make the game as playable as possible. I mean come on guys, it's fucking Blizzard. Do you want quantity or quality: your move (also I understand how that statement might be little redundant due to the possible eagerness of Blizzard trying to milk the cash cow. If I'm wrong you can yell at me later).

-Toodles, Just a Guy

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolguyry View Post
    The question is in the title. Many people seem to be mad as hell due to the fact that *gasp* that a World of Warcraft expansion might be released later than sooner (the horror!). But then again one must ask themselves these kind of questions: would you rather have them release it as soon as possible as in just have a closed Beta possibly take place a month from now and have it last for maybe three or four months and it would be most likely be completely buggy as hell with less feedback then Blizzard wants to have *OR* have the closed Beta most likely take place two months from now and release the expansion in possibly later July to mid or late August and its all good and polished and a majority of the bugs have been taken care of and a lot of feedback has occurred to make the game as playable as possible. I mean come on guys, it's fucking Blizzard. Do you want quantity or quality: your move (also I understand how that statement might be little redundant due to the possible eagerness of Blizzard trying to milk the cash cow. If I'm wrong you can yell at me later).

-Toodles, Just a Guy
    How about if they release it sooner with less bugs ?!?! Unless, of course, a new law of the universe has been discovered that basically mandates that "if you release a game sooner then it must be full of bugs" which seems to be what you assume. They have the resources and they can release it sooner with less bugs.
    This is more about what they *choose* to do not what they are able to do.

Slow and polished. However, the reality is that WoW is gonna lose many subs in 2014 with several huge competitors releasing and Blizzard's slow pace of adding new content.

If it released July 10th(probably won't), that'd be 10 full months of 5.4. 10+ months of no new content is not something I'm willing to pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a question that could be validly asked and discussed in any one of the several threads we have already started about the release date for WoD. I don't know that it requires a separate thread of its own for that reason.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."