Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Most of those are terrible if you take your nostalgia goggles off...
    Funny you should say that. I played some of those games well after they came out (SMW I played on the GBA, SotN on the PSP, Super Metriod was after Metroid Prime & Fusion came out), they are still really good games.

Sometimes old stuff really is as good as we remember it. Had that revelation watching Freakazoid on Youtube. That show is still funny.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Warcraft 3
    WoW (before I quit).

Deleted
    1. Ocarina of Time
    I saw a commercial for this game on TV then 6 months later I got it on christmas and it blew my mind. Never before had I seen an open 3D world this big and just, just EPIC. Everything about the game is just excellent.

2. Dark Souls
    First time you play it its so hard (maybe a little less for ppl that did play Demons Souls like me) but when you kill a boss after some tries its extremly rewarding.
    The environment is so damn good, mysterious and perfect. Gameplay is godly. Soooo many secrets and what not.

3. Too many games to choose for a 3rd place so I wont. So many good games even from NES, NES, PS1, PS2 & PS3.

I wish todays kids would get the era from NES to N64. The jump was so mind blowing and graphics got so much better. Sure games have a huge upgrade from PS2 to PS4, even from PS3 to PS4. Wish I was younger so I could be blown away by games these days. But Im pretty sure I wont because of PC already have/had so damn good graphics.
    Only game that blew me away the last I dont know, 5-10 years (or something) was the Souls series. Randomly got it and it hooked me from the start. Totally my type of game.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2014-01-12 at 09:12 PM.

1. Majora's Mask
    2. Tomb Raider
    3. Bioshock Infinite

I love Majora's Mask, the whole three days thing was amazing. I loved how everything going on each day was different and how you could make everyone's life better. The game was challenging as well. I always wondered why it didn't do as well as OOT when I thought it was so much better (only my opinion of course).

Tomb Raider was awesome because of how the story progressed with your equipment. Lara started out weak and scared, but by the end she was a badass. The story was really good and I liked a lot of the characters.

Finally Bioshock had a great story, beautiful scenery, awesome characters, and an excellent choice of music. Really the whole game was really well done. I just wish it had a better ending. I also have to say that this is the first fps that I have actually enjoyed.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-01-13 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Vanilla/BC WoW - To this day I do not think I'll ever get that experience that I had during this time period playing WoW. It kept me hooked, many of my best gaming memories are tied to that game such as reaching level 60 in Vanilla. I can remember the exact place and spot I was at when it happened... Scholomance in the room directly above Rattlegore's room.

2. Super Smash Brothers Melee - This game has a special place in my heart and I really wished I owned a copy of it so I could practice it every day like I used too. It's the only game I actually want to go into the professional scene for. Captain Falcon <3

3. Star Fox 64 - First game I ever beat the last boss in (I was 4 years old) and the game still holds up today as a solid arcade shooter. The soundtrack for that game actually gets me emotional for some reason.

4. Banjo Tooie - Alright, I'm a heathen, "You voted for Tooie over Kazooie?!". Yes I did, it's a bigger, longer, harder, and better game than Kazooie but FUCK YOU Grunty Industries.

5. Banjo Kazooie - See what I did there! This game was platforming bliss when it came out, it made Super Mario 64 look meh. Now with that said, it's much easier than Tooie and if you want to just sit down and relax instead of longer and harder puzzles then this game is probably better for some vs Tooie.

6. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - This was my favorite Zelda game even before the HD remake so don't think this is a recent addition. The HD remake just made it even better, I love the open ocean aspect of it and the side quests are fun too.

7. Spyro: Year of the Dragon - I'm one of those people who prefer the 3rd spyro game vs the second one. Have to say games like this still hold up (much like Banjo Kazooie) nowadays very well. I love the level design in this game and the overall feel is much better.

8. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - This was actually the last game I fully 100% completed (over a year and a half ago) and boy was it a good game, it would probably rate higher given the test of time and nostalgia.

9. Pokemon Emerald - Let me be the first to say that I'm a huge fan of Gen 3 and when Emerald came out I was ecstatic and did not disappoint. I mean fucking Battle Frontier after the Elite Four was just epic.

10. League of Legends - Currently the game I invest the most time in by a good chunk and I only play it for the competitive factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Most of those are terrible if you take your nostalgia goggles off...
    Mate, some of it is, some isn't. I actually still play many old platformers because they are still top notch.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    For once a list I actually agree with overall.

Ignoring my WoW bias i am going with Kotor 1+2 (with the first being my absolute favorite). These games had me addicted, i remember waking up early (about two hours before i would normally for school) just to play these games. They are the main reason i am a gamer today and absolutely love RPGs. I was always a Star Wars fan so making an RPG in the Star Wars universe was awesome, i remember feeling that mind=blown feeling when i realized I was Revan.

Hmm going to show my age a bit, but frankly you could give me an Atari 2600 an old NES and my PC and I would be pretty happy.

The really old classics I could play forever include:

1. Pac Man
    2. Asteroids
    3. Defender
    4. Centipede
    5. Pole position

The old NES era classics would be

1. Punch out
    2. Super Mario Bros
    3. Original Legend of Zelda
    4. Dr. Mario ( as strange as that is)

More modern lists would be things like:

1. Shining Force 1/2
    2. Legend of Dragoon
    3. Act Raiser
    4. Any Mario Kart
    5. Mario 3
    6. Ace Combat series
    7. NCAAA football series
    8. Gran Turismo series
    9. WoW
    10, Super Tecmo Bowl

They may not be the best games ever created but you could tell me they were the only games I could ever play from here on and I would be pretty happy

15+ Year Old Account
    Your list sucks op. I know people wouldn't like mine but I'd make a different objective and subjective list anyway.

I like Nether, STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, Borderlands 2, Minecraft.

Simple list
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

No one has mentioned the TimeSplitters series? Probably the most fun games i played on the PS2 between 2000-2005

This is so hard to put a number on your favorit games when there are som many i like.

But
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    World of Warcraft
    StarCraft
    Gunsmoke (Nes)
    Super Mario 64
    North and South (Amiga)
    Chrono Trigger
    GTA

And i could go on like thread starter but ill settle with these atm

10+ Year Old Account
    It is hard for me to create a "best games" list because I don't know as many games as I should to make such list, and most of them I didn't play to objectively judge their quality, I played them for enjoyment, and a "best games" list is not supposed to be a "my favorite games" list.

But, as most people fail to understand the difference, this is my current favorite games list.

1st: Bioshock Infinite
    2nd: Silent Hill 2

These two games gave me some of the greatest emotions I've ever experienced. No book or movie has "mindf*cked" me like these games. In my opinion, these are two masterpieces that everybody should play.

3rd: Resident Evil 6
    4th: Street Fighter Alpha 3/King of Fighters XI
    6th: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    7th: Uncharted, Drake's Fortune
    8th: Streets of Rage 2
    9th: Shadow of the Colossus
    10th: Donkey Kong Country 2, Diddy's Kong Quest/Mortal Kombat, Shaolin Monks

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Your list sucks op. I know people wouldn't like mine but I'd make a different objective and subjective list anyway.
    Kind of funny when a very large amount of the lists presented here have games that are on the OP's list. I guess maybe it doesn't suck as much as you think.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    5) Banjo-Tooie

This is the pinnacle of 3D platforming. As much as I love its predecessor and other Rare favorites such as Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie just nails it with that perfect balance of tight controls, a wealth of content, memorable music and whimsical visual design. The difficulty curve is fair and the level design is fantastic. If you love games like Super Mario 64, Banjo-Tooie is a must play. It is available as an enhanced HD port on Xbox Live.
    Couldn't agree with you more, I honestly never understood why many people like Banjo Kazooie more than Tooie, I assume it's because they've never played Tooie. I mean shit I didn't play Tooie till it came out on Xbox Live and when I tried it I was like, "shit this game is way better than Kazooie".

Honestly if I'd have the chance to play more Conker's Bad Fur Day I'd probably put it very very close to Banjo Tooie in terms of best 3D platformers. The little time I did play it (over an emulator) I enjoyed it but emulators sort of ruin it for me with any game so I didn't go on.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-01-14 at 09:53 AM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Top 100 list is surprisingly missing Yoshi's Island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Top 100 list is surprisingly missing Yoshi's Island.
    Sorry but you must mean Yoshi's Story.
    Hey everyone

I apologize if there's too much nostalgia in these picks, but bear with me. Hopefully I can make some relatively meaningful explanations. They're not numbered, but I believe for the most part this is the order they should be in (Starting from #1).

Mario 64/Ocarina of time:
    The first games that transitioned to open world 3D and actually worked for a shit. Damn good games also. Smooth, well designed and they still hold up.

Doom:
    Even with the controversy aside it's the FPS that brought FPS to the forefront. You can say Wolfenstein or even that Mazewar game came first, but Doom put it all together and added online play and custom wads. Oh, and shareware, which is the complete opposite of the garbage we get today with 90% done releases with DLC.

Street Fighter 2:
    The landmark fighting game. Can not say too much more, and the only fighting game on my list. Mortal Kombat 1 had the fad factor going for it, but the actual gameplay sucked ass.

Goldeneye 64:
    Console multiplayer. I can not think of any earlier game that could chew up so much time. Solidified the aspect of playing with a total of 4, or at least more than 2, people works. Made the 64 the system you played with your friends.

Halo:
    Online Console gaming. Please correct me if there was an earlier one, but I'm pretty sure this was the gateway drug for the XBL/PSN lifers we have today.

Resident Evil:
    Not the best game, but it did solidify the PSX's identity which was on completely different level than that of Nintendo (Friendly), and the dying Sega (Edgy). Also along with Tekken it was probably the final blow to the Sega Saturn which led to the uneven playing field that the Dreamcast had to manage against the PS2 and Sega's exit from the console wars.

Final Fantasy 4/7:
    Neither may be your favorites, but these two titles solidified the RPG market in the states. There was a reason that FF 2 and 3 were missing from the US market along with the hundreds of Dragonquest titles. They didn't quite mesh to with what we see as JRPGs are today. They looked too much like PC, which was kinda bad back then. 4 and 7 brought crazy good story, music, and gameplay. Even if we US scrubs got the easy version of 4.

WoW:
    Most likely the Epitome we have with MMO's today. Made MMO a household name (Kinda hate that phrase) for reasons we all know and constantly argue about. Really the only game I can think of that is its own worst enemy.

Most of the shit for the Wii:
    Showed us that RL social gaming is dead apart from Barcades (Dave and Buster's). I'm actually kinda serious about this one.

I honestly wish I could think of games for later systems like the PS3 and 360, but most of the titles were great examples of the push to online play, but nothing groundbreaking.
    Last edited by HoopyFrood; 2014-01-14 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    - MAFIA: City of Lost Heavens
    - Dragon Age: Origins