Poll: Hunchbacks on the new models

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Do you think hunchbacks should be kept in the new models?

With the new models incoming blizzard said they wanted to only "update" the model and try not to change core features that would make them feel different and upset the playerbase.

Also recently there's been some twitter regarding the possibility of having orcs without the hunchback similar to Thrall model, I play mainly alliance but leveled a troll hunter to see the event of patch 5.1 and 5.2 from horde point of view and personally I'd like that trace to go away, and get something like the zandalari trolls.

So I'd like to know do you think blizz should remove the hunchbacks in the new models, soften them or keep them exactly the way they are now
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just make another feature for it in the creation menu. Hunch/No Hunch for Orcs, Trolls, and maybe Undead.. I could see that working.

There is absolutely no reason for any character except a peon to be hunched over.

I just want to be able to play a troll from ToT please Blizzard I dont want to look like I'm dying, bone thin and leaning over. At least give me muscular trolls for the love of Vol'jin

Orc should have the choice. Trolls would look weird standing up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Orc should have the choice. Trolls would look weird standing up straight.
    Zandalari trolls look pretty neat and they're not hunched
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rupprecht View Post
    They should just make another feature for it in the creation menu. Hunch/No Hunch for Orcs, Trolls, and maybe Undead.. I could see that working.
    This. Giving people a choice is usually the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    orcs should not have been given hunchback for the new model update. people wanted it gone, yet blizzard ignored there requests.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    orcs should not have been given hunchback for the new model update. people wanted it gone, yet blizzard ignored there requests.
    With that knowledge I wonder why blizzard made the worgen hunched too, is one of the reasons I don´t play them ( the main one being the casting animations, a little part of me dies everytime I see a worgen caster)

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Zandalari trolls look pretty neat and they're not hunched
    They are not jungle troll like playable character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs yes. They never had hunch backs in wc3

Trolls? No. They had them in wc3

Undead? No. Your spine is sticking out of your back. You arn't going to be able to stand upright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They are not jungle troll like playable character.
    People can't seem to understand this. The trolls in the horde are nothing like the zandalari. It is like saying humans should be short because dwarves are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No they don't from what they have said they plan to do both.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the male trolls are hunched. Makes it look all the more awesome when you see a troll hunter straighten their back, aim and shoot. I love that animation. Wouldn't be half as cool if he were always standing tall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that everyone that chose to play an orc, forsaken, or troll chose to play a hunchbacked character on some level. However, not everyone that chose an orc, forsaken, or troll would want to now play one with a straightened back. So you're not really making a "lateral move" by changing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mars; equator 16; elevated plateau 1P1, section 43, building Z1, room ru76
    They should add the "mix-race" feature so you can have a dranai goblin

Yes I do. I don't wanna play a green human. I think Thrall looks silly.

I dunno I'm pretty used to seeing that posture and they've said explicitly that they won't be making radical changes because people are so attached to them. I think the new model makes it look so much better it's not even an issue.

I don't think it's likely they'd make it an option, they'd have to design a second full model and maintain both along with full animation sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I quite like the Thrall model but the average Orc player character is supposed to look more like a Grunt I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

Standing up straight is not a human thing. The Zandalari stand up proud as do Elves. It is a very common and confusing fallacy that many like you fall for. Thrall has his own model but it does not make him human looking. If you noticed in the trailer all the Orcs except Gul'dan stood tall. So really it is not a human thing, it's more of an error on Blizzard's part.

Understandable error but in the future(Not WoD release) perhaps the hunch can be fixed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the new models look great even with the hunch. If anything, there should be a choice.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    I think the new models look great even with the hunch. If anything, there should be a choice.
    Problem with that would be the time it would take to make the two models and WoD is already behind the schedule, but being able to choose would the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Problem with that would be the time it would take to make the two models and WoD is already behind the schedule, but being able to choose would the best
    Indeed which is why it should be a post WoD Launch goal and not a WoD Launch Goal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi