Poll: Hunchbacks on the new models

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't say I really care since I don't play Orc or Troll myself, but yeah sure, an option seems fair provided the other races in the game gets more customisation options as well.

Off topic: Kavoo, your signature picture is hysterical
    Last edited by Vasaru; 2014-01-12 at 12:22 AM.

I would prefer to have no hunchback as an option, but if it came down to one or the other I'd have to say keep the hunchbacks because too many people would be sick for them. Me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I would prefer to have no hunchback as an option, but if it came down to one or the other I'd have to say keep the hunchbacks because too many people would be sick for them. Me included.
    Get rid of the orc hunchbacks and keep the troll hunchbacks. That way if you miss the hunch backs you can play a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Hermit View Post
    Get rid of the orc hunchbacks and keep the troll hunchbacks. That way if you miss the hunch backs you can play a troll.
    That is the dumbest solution I've ever heard. You put maybe 10 or 15 seconds of thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    That is the dumbest solution I've ever heard. You put maybe 10 or 15 seconds of thought into it.
    Great solution in my opinion. All the other solutions are lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    I can't say I really care since I don't play Orc or Troll myself, but yeah sure, an option seems fair provided the other races in the game gets more customisation options as well.

Off topic: Kavoo, your signature picture is hysterical
    haha, his signature is genius!!

People will cry about every single thing that happens in this game. It is NEVER a factor for what should be done or not, and SHOULD not be, barring overwhelming community drama on par with the REAL ID debacle. So stop acting like people crying should be a factor here.
    It means if they do it for orc then they must do it for others. That will take a ridiculuos amount of time. Yes, they take it into consideration but would they sacrifice time and resource to do this anytime soon? We are talking about new model for already updated races here not just brown skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It means if they do it for orc then they must do it for others. That will take a ridiculuos amount of time. Yes, they take it into consideration but would they sacrifice time and resource to do this anytime soon? We are talking about new model for already updated races here not just brown skin.
    Since the male orc model is already out. I'd wager it's going to be a post WoD Launch goal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    I think the new models look great even with the hunch. If anything, there should be a choice.
    Yup, pretty much this. I can't wait to see what they end up doing with the models with all this talk of stance options, sub races, and so on. Could be great!

:3

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Since the male orc model is already out. I'd wager it's going to be a post WoD Launch goal.
    That could be 2 xpacs away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep all models the same but upgrade the graphics...

What they should have done is taken the opportunity to fully rework the entire character creator system and modernize it.

They should have introduced a slider system, to allow us to scale things like muscle/body mass, size of tusks/ears/noses/eyes/hunch/arm length/hair length etc etc etc. All such things as this can exist without needing a different animation skeleton for each level of scale.

An absolutely wasted opportunity.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It means if they do it for orc then they must do it for others. That will take a ridiculous amount of time. Yes, they take it into consideration but would they sacrifice time and resource to do this anytime soon? We are talking about new model for already updated races here not just brown skin.
    No it doesn't. This fucking ridiculous notion of balance in all things is a fabrication and a flawed argument and it's just pandering to the lowest common denominator int he community.

For one, compare customization options between just the vanilla races, some have over double the others in Vanilla alone. Before any expanded race got people to think there is a trend towards decreased customization, because all they see is their nose in front of their face to the exclusion of possible surroundings.

For another, the orc is the only one who was CHANGED from their CLASSIC DESIGN INTO SOMETHING ELSE. It's a fix, it's not a gift.

But while you're concern for those who bitch puzzles me outside of the scale of a RealID debacle, it does open the precedent for future customization for other races to have altered body types.

But FUCK the idea they have to democratize this shit, that's just absurd and rarely if ever a factor for any decision ever made as everything in this game manages to create a contingency of loons who hate it with a passion for some reason.

Nothing will ever be universally praised. I guess to take your argument to it's extreme end nothing should ever be changed or added to the game ever again in case someone complains.

Apologies for the harsh and blunt tone. I'm just a caveman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    What they should have done is taken the opportunity to fully rework the entire character creator system and modernize it.

They should have introduced a slider system, to allow us to scale things like muscle/body mass, size of tusks/ears/noses/eyes/hunch/arm length/hair length etc etc etc. All such things as this can exist without needing a different animation skeleton for each level of scale.

An absolutely wasted opportunity.
    Sliders do not belong in WOW. The visual style is supposed to look like the artistic works of specific artists, not your own creations.
    And people will often go with the most absurd scale they can find when this is possible.

If anything, 2-3 body types per class is ideal IMO in the distinct style of the Sons of the Storm using their drawings as a bible for Chris Robinsons direction, bless him.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-12 at 11:56 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    I might have responded to this thread before, but I think they should keep the hunchbacks as they are. Best would be if they could have an option for both though. I like the hunchbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I might have responded to this thread before, but I think they should keep the hunchbacks as they are. Best would be if they could have an option for both though. I like the hunchbacks.
    Does it bother you that they don't hunch all of a sudden when mounted, or walking walkwards, or in combat toggled stances?

Does it bother you to see Blizzard remove their hunches in all the MOP cutscenes?

Does it bother you that all art depicting orcs beyond one painting from Justin Thavirat whose paintings were practically living embodiments of the in game graphics show them without hunches. (Not counting Trading Card Game)

I'm not attacking you, I just seriously wonder how you reconcile this in your mind. Do you just have a dislike for these examples I've highlighted?
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    people will often go with the most absurd scale they can find when this is possible.
    I wouldn't really use the word "often" in this case.

People might have fun messing with sliders, but most people prefer playing a pretty character. They want to look cool.

Aion was a good example of this. You could create the most hideous character ever, but most who did, just created it, but never played it seriously. In the beginning, you'd see more of them around, but eventually, the stupid looking ones almost disappeared entirely, and you'd pretty much just see normal characters. Well, the only thing people truly messed with, was size. A lot of people would have their character incredibly tiny for PvP purposes(easier to hide, harder to target), but the rest of it's apperance would be quite normal. Heck, a lot of people that had made their characters really tiny, went on complaining on the forums that they didn't really want to be that small, but because of PvP, they felt they were forced to.

BTW I LOVE LOVE <3 LOVE LOVE JUSTIN THAVIRAT'S WOW ART!
    I wish he was still making it. Polidora and Robinson seem to fill his niche for me now.
    I miss him so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Does it bother you that they don't hunch all of a sudden when mounted, or walking walkwards, or in combat toggled stances?

Does it bother you to see Blizzard remove their hunches in all the MOP cutscenes?

Does it bother you that all art depicting orcs beyond one painting from Justin Thavirat whose paintings were practically living embodiments of the in game graphics show them without hunches. (Not counting Trading Card Game)

I'm not attacking you, I just seriously wonder how you reconcile this in your mind. Do you just have a dislike for these examples I've highlighted?
    Wow, that was a lot of effort made into a post directed at me.

Neither of this bothers me no, but I am also not bothered by lack of hunchbacks either . That's why I think they should not go away entirely, and that the best option would be if we could pick it ourselves if we wanted it.

Orcs, as you used in your example, is also the race I care the least for in this game, while I also mainly play Alliance. The few hordes I have created and leveled, have also been on servers where the horde population has nearly been non-existant(in fact, my main server for my horde, is now connected to 5 other servers... just to give you an idea of hos dead it has been), meaning I've hardly seen any others around, even in cities like Orgrimmar. Because of this, I have never noticed any of the things you just pointed out.

I really like undead though, and the hunchbacks on undead are just really cool in my opinion. I've loved it since I was ganked by a male undead rogue for the first time back in vanilla. I also really like male trolls.

I wouldn't really use the word "often" in this case.

People might have fun messing with sliders, but most people prefer playing a pretty character. They want to look cool.

Aion was a good example of this. You could create the most hideous character ever, but most who did, just created it, but never played it seriously. In the beginning, you'd see more of them around, but eventually, the stupid looking ones almost disappeared entirely, and you'd pretty much just see normal characters. Well, the only thing people truly messed with, was size. A lot of people would have their character incredibly tiny for PvP purposes(easier to hide, harder to target), but the rest of it's apperance would be quite normal. Heck, a lot of people that had made their characters really tiny, went on complaining on the forums that they didn't really want to be that small, but because of PvP, they felt they were forced to.

Even so, and this is by no means universally popular, but WOW should look a lot more specific than many people who enjoy subtle precision in character creation would ever want to accept. I want to play in the world of these artists, it's what got me to like an RTS game and it's what got me into the MMO genre. Not the game play, that was just an amazing bonus.

Sliders open a pandora's box in regards to the handcrafted look of WOW's graphics. And I don't think that matter to a huge amount of the population, but it does to the people making decisions. Unless you want to accuse them of laziness. Which would also accuse them of being outright liars if this is claimed as I show you a direct quote on why they made such a deliberately limited character customization system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be a choice. I think I'd pick hunched over straight back honestly but it's probably since I've been playing a male orc for 8 years and I'm just used to it.

Neither of this bothers me no, but I am also not bothered by lack of hunchbacks either . That's why I think they should not go away entirely, and that the best option would be if we could pick it ourselves if we wanted it.

Orcs, as you used in your example, is also the race I care the least for in this game, while I also mainly play Alliance. The few hordes I have created and leveled, have also been on servers where the horde population has nearly been non-existant(in fact, my main server for my horde, is now connected to 5 other servers... just to give you an idea of hos dead it has been), meaning I've hardly seen any others around, even in cities like Orgrimmar. Because of this, I have never noticed any of the things you just pointed out.

I really like undead though, and the hunchbacks on undead are just really cool in my opinion. I've loved it since I was ganked by a male undead rogue for the first time back in vanilla. I also really like male trolls.
    Don't take it personally at all. I love this issue and the psychology behind it. You're just a research chimp for me, but I respect you as a fellow sentient too.

- - - Updated - - -

And rightly so, ma boy (or lassie), as the are supposed to be hunched over.

[tangent] Their bones are also supposed to be mutated into armor like sections in places from the plague, which people don't seem to understand who complain about the exposed bones not making "anatomical sense". What the fuck do they think ghoul's came from when they were alive? Muppets? The plague mutates you into looking like an evil demonic zombie, you're not just reanimated.[ /tangent]