normal / heroic locks

ok, i've came up with a question, nobody knows for sure, so i will ask it here

if I do SoO 7/14normal mode and then leave the party. and without me the group i was in finish the instance
    will i be able to do the rest on heroic mode?

i know that if i do 7/14h and then leave and the group finish i get locked but the question is about normal mode.
    Last edited by Zharradan; 2014-01-14 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    if I do SoO 7/14normal mode and then leave the party. and without me the group i was in finish the instance
    will i be able to do the rest on heroic mode?
    Yes, you can finish it on heroic (EDIT: except Garrosh unless you join an in-progress heroic full clear). You can finish it on normal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    i know that if i do 7/14h and then leave and the group finish i get locked but the question is about normal mode.
    I don't think this is true. You can do 7/14H, leave, the group finishes on heroic, but you can still finish on normal.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-01-14 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yes, you can finish it on heroic (EDIT: except Garrosh unless you join an in-progress heroic full clear). You can finish it on normal too.

I don't think this is true. You can do 7/14H, leave, the group finishes on heroic, but you can still finish on normal.
    Both of these are correct.

Basically you can only have one heroic lock, but multiple normals.

You can join the heroic lock anywhere, whether it's fresh or on the 7th boss, but you can never join another heroic lock ID.

You can join whatever normal though to kill any bosses you haven't done on the heroic ID, or start on normal before joining someones heroic ID on the boss that is you ended on normal (or further).

thanks guys, mods can close it now