Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I owned a wii u what a waste of money. I traded mine in for my ps4. The games on it are just lame. Mario ZzZzZ it's pretty much the same as every other mario game. Luigi u is basically just an addon, More of the same boring stuff. Never liked Zelda. Scribblenauts? Can Get on other consoles. Snore. Monster Hunter seemed ok. Just dance. Available on other consoles. Not interested. Batman and tekken also on other consoles. Super Smash Bros... boring. I loved the gamecube smash bros. The wii version was boring, I hold little hope for a wii u version if that's even slated. There is just nothing worth my money on wii. That said I can't recommend ps4 either as the launch games are not stellar either.

Totally hanging out for kingdom Hearts 3. It was that game alone that sold the ps4 for me
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2014-01-13 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Hey now, those PS1 platformers are good games even by todays standards.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. PS1 is easily my 2nd favorite home console (only behind the SNES). My point was that the glory days of non-Nintendo Japanese console games are behind us.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy-DathRemar View Post
    I owned a wii u what a waste of money. I traded mine in for my ps4. The games on it are just lame. Mario ZzZzZ it's pretty much the same as every other mario game. Luigi u is basically just an addon, More of the same boring stuff. Never liked Zelda. Scribblenauts? Can Get on other consoles. Snore. Monster Hunter seemed ok. Just dance. Available on other consoles. Not interested. Batman and tekken also on other consoles. Super Smash Bros... boring. I loved the gamecube smash bros. The wii version was boring, I hold little hope for a wii u version if that's even slated. There is just nothing worth my money on wii. That said I can't recommend ps4 either as the launch games are not stellar either.

Totally hanging out for kingdom Hearts 3. It was that game alone that sold the ps4 for me
    luigi u is an addon... 2d mario is pretty much perfect and the people who play those games typically just want more levels to play through. mario 3d world though is pretty unique with only 3d land being similar.

super smash bros for the wiiu is coming out this year for wiiu and 3ds.

honestly im not sure if you are being serious right now, smash bros was one of the first titles announced for the wiiu and theres been threads about it all over this site and all over news sites all the time.

you are either trolling or just dont even pay attention to video game news at all
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account

What kinda idiot buys a Nintendo console if they don't like nintendo games? O_o

If you like the Nintendo franchise games, Wii U is a must buy, all the 1st party games released so far are amazing, with many more on the way! The Wii had lots of troubles with 3rd party developers because of how awkward it was, the Wii U has alliviated many of those issues, although EA have said they won't be developing for it. But most of the other AAA 3rd party titles are coming out on Wii U, and there is a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda and Donkey Kong all being made, with DK and MK out early this year.

It did launch with fairly weak titles, but they have released some amazing games already, the new 3D Mario World has already got one GOTY award for example.

PS4 is the clear winner between xbox and playstation, (I don't really consider Nintendo to be part of the battle, they just do their own thing off to the side and do it oh so well!) It is going to be the most powerful console out there, but doesn't have much in the way of games yet I believe. I'll probably be looking at picking one up later this year if I can afford it while saving for my wedding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy any. Neither consoles have the big buy games except Super Mario 3d world but one game isn't enough right?

Besides, the ps4 changed nothing. Publishers are going to find ways to milk their franchises before they start releasing those epic games, like nintendo did, before they start making the uber games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    How about you do some research and figure out which system you want yourself? All you're going to get from here and any other website is fanboys and morons who are going to impress upon you their opinion which shouldn't even be a factor in what system to buy. If you like Nintendo's brand buy Nintendo, if you like what Sony has to offer buy the PS4, Grow a brain and use it and figure it out yourself.
    Agree with this when it comes to such a simple choice, all you have to do is check both libraries. It takes like 5 mins to view games from both consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post

If you like the Nintendo franchise games, Wii U is a must buy, all the 1st party games released so far are amazing, with many more on the way! The Wii had lots of troubles with 3rd party developers because of how awkward it was, the Wii U has alliviated many of those issues, although EA have said they won't be developing for it. But most of the other AAA 3rd party titles are coming out on Wii U, and there is a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda and Donkey Kong all being made, with DK and MK out early this year.

It did launch with fairly weak titles, but they have released some amazing games already, the new 3D Mario World has already got one GOTY award for example.

PS4 is the clear winner between xbox and playstation, (I don't really consider Nintendo to be part of the battle, they just do their own thing off to the side and do it oh so well!) It is going to be the most powerful console out there, but doesn't have much in the way of games yet I believe. I'll probably be looking at picking one up later this year if I can afford it while saving for my wedding.
    I don't understand why anyone would buy a cosnole besides for the exclusive games. Theres litterly nothing a console has to offer next to exclusive game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    im intrigued.. what games do you actually play on the ps4? im guessing youre a FPS fan and its either BF4 or Killzone because if youre having a better gaming experience with knack over mario bros or mario 3d land then there is something seriously wrong imo lol.

The only game i play on my ps4 is fifa.. and lets be honest its the exact same game as on pc / 360 etc.. except way less players.
    Well to be fair I had the wii u at launch and sold it a few months later, so all I can really do is compare the 2 at their launch dates.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

EA makes shit games anyway, all they do is rehash sports titles and fail ass garbage like SimCity 5 which was a complete and utter failure in the eyes of the gaming community. If they had any level of intelligence though, they'd revive the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron franchise on the Wii U, something I know a lot of Nintendo fans would love. Also, a remake of Shadows of the Empire from the N64 would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Well to be fair I had the wii u at launch and sold it a few months later, so all I can really do is compare the 2 at their launch dates.
    Both are terrible for games when it comes to launch periods, neither has anything stellar. It's not like the days of the N64 and such that had multiple AAA titles at release, probably because developers get jack all for time to properly develop good games when a good title takes a couple of years to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    I don't understand why anyone would buy a cosnole besides for the exclusive games. Theres litterly nothing a console has to offer next to exclusive game releases.
    Eh, some people just prefer gaming on consoles. I know I do, as I buy just about everything for my consoles unless it's a MP game that I'm going to play with my friends on PC.

As for the topic at hand, my vote goes to the Wii U because there's still some good titles for the Wii U (even if they are just ports), and of course the family MP aspect. And it's cheaper, which would make it easier to sell the idea to your wife :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    lol.. these kind of comments just make me sad to be a gamer. you give zero reasons why it should be a ps4 other than i dont like wii u multiplayer games. lol what?
    I'm sorry I have to spell out implied reasoning. The only console games I play are mainly single player games. OP doesn't have a gaming PC, PS network allows for some great competitive online play as well. The PS4 also has the added Blue ray functionality and is overall a much better system look at the specs Wii U is a pile of junk in comparison. I suppose the main thing OP should ask himself does he want to play Nintendo games or PS games while Wii U has a lot more games right now how many are really worth getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Super Mario 3D World
    Zelda Wind Waker HD
    New Super Mario Bros U
    Pikmin 3
    Wonderful 101
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

As for the PS4 and Xbox One...uh...Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and AC4? Nothing exclusive to PS4 is worth playing right now, IMO, unless you count some of the cool downloadable titles like Resogun. Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 have been pretty controversial and received mixed reception.
    So three games I would think about, one of which is a graphic update of a game I already played and beat years ago? I wouldn't play Pikmin, Wonderful, or Monster Hunter... and I'm sorry unless Killzone is not as good as the previous ones have been it is worth getting. That and Infamous Second Son looks great and Uncharted 4 will I'm sure be awesome.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2014-01-13 at 11:17 PM.

Well it all comes down to the games really, PS4 has a limited library at the moment but will probably wind up with a similar selection to the PS3, and the WiiU has the full Wii library available because it's backward compatible (I think).

My advice: get a WiiU and look for a super cheap PS3 as they're being replaced by the PS4. That way you can play almost any games and worst case scenario you can use the PS3 as a Blu Ray player. I think now is not a great time to get the PS4 as it just came out and is full price but has few games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario 3D World
    Zelda Wind Waker HD
    New Super Mario Bros U
    Pikmin 3
    Wonderful 101
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

As for the PS4 and Xbox One...uh...Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and AC4? Nothing exclusive to PS4 is worth playing right now, IMO, unless you count some of the cool downloadable titles like Resogun. Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 have been pretty controversial and received mixed reception.
    Don't forget Knack, that game was a massive failure. One of my friends got it for $5 and traded it in after he played it for $40. He said it was the biggest piece of shit to ever be made, which is saying something as there have been a lot of terrible games made.

ILuigi u is basically just an addon, More of the same boring stuff.
    It's the best DLC ever if you think about it technically. Most little packs of DLC are like, what, $5 a piece? And yet for $20, you got a WHOLE game. It's not the same exact thing, the stages are completely changed for the most part, only the map is the same, Luigi controls like he always does, which isn't a whole lot different than Mario, but it's enough to matter, and they only give you 100 um..."seconds" (Or shmeconds, since it's not really seconds) to beat a stage.

Or you could buy it alone in it's spiffy green case for $30.

That being said, I would personally say the Wii U, although if the PS4 picks up more I'd definitely be interested in that too, I just feel that the Wii U, despite having a rocky start, has the most potential, and if we've learned anything from the 3DS/Wii, Nintendo knows what they're doing, even if there is a few hiccups.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one can argue the fact that Nintendo has the most exclusives usually, or the most exclusives at least that make it worth buying a system, since they do tend to end up running on exclusives, if not even just Nintendo made ones, but games like Professor Layton and what not too.

If you're really unsure, wait it out. Nintendo has quite a few games coming out this year, but I'm not sure what Sony has personally, I haven't looked much into it lately since I don't have a PS4.

That could literally be said about everything. Why buy a PC for gaming reasons besides if you want the exclusive games? A console can play the same games.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-01-14 at 01:13 AM.

Unless you have your mind set on mature setting games, my vote goes to the Wii U. As others have mentioned, the Wii U is boasting the better games IMO.

Zelda, Pikmin, Mario 3D and the soon to come SSB. Nintendo won't stop on their own franchises.

- - - Updated - - -

There are gamers that much prefer couch play. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I find all of the Killzone games to be pretty mediocre. It's eyecandy, that's about it. The multiplayer is pretty much as atrocious as KZ2 and KZ3 hehe. Infamous Second Son should be good, but that's not out quite yet. Soon though. And I'm sure Uncharted 4 will be a huge hit, but I'm just not a fan of that series. Too many cinematics and QTEs, not enough gameplay.

You wouldn't play Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Wonderful 101? They're all pretty sweet.
    It's all taste man. I love Pikmin myself but I can understand why others wouldn't.

theres far less for ps4 and far less coming out soon.. i just dont get this logic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tation_4_games

Seems to me that there a quite a few games coming out on the PS4 this year. Noone here is talking exclusives and since the opening doesn't have a proper gaming pc nor does he have what seems to be any kind of console, the PS4 for him will have lots of game. Just because it doesn't have a lot of games coming out for YOU doesn't mean it doesn't have games coming out. You're being just as bad as the WiiU haters. The WiiU is finally doing some great stuff, but it needs to work out on its 3rd party situation. Give the PS4 its year and it too will have some must have games. Just because some games are on other platforms doesn't MEAN it still isn't a must have game for the system.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    "very very good start" most of it's game are just passable, nothing impressive honestly (in terms of gameplay), so no, it's not a very good start, yes it has sold a lot but no good titles yet.

If you have a good pc get a wiiU, most titles will be ported
    Really you are comparing the libraries of the PS4 which just launched like a month ago, and is literally just out the gate, with the Wii U that launched like over a year ago? Might as well compare the Wii U to the PS2 and deem it as doomed ...

I have 2 criterias for console success,

1. Large install base - the selling a lot helps here; doesn't guarantee developer support though *cough*Wii*cough*
    2. Developer support - Sony did fairly well this round /w ease of development and keeping developers in the loop during the design phrase to ensure as many of their needs are met and getting them "onboard".

The first I'm sure we agree the PS4 is doing well in. The second, well most developers have nothing but nice things to say about the PS4 unlike a certain other console that came out a little earlier ...

http://youtu.be/voVpvKlntDM?t=13m25s

You have to think long term. One or two years from now ... Which console will be getting a steady steam of releases?
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2014-01-14 at 08:20 AM.

What kinda idiot buys a Nintendo console if they don't like Nintendo games
    Easy. One that liked the look of the wii u and was hoping they would do something new and interesting. But all I got was a Mario game that could easily have been on the wii. The game pad really added no interesting depth to single player. The wii had a fair share of good non Nintendo games the more I look the less I see that I want. The only interesting game was shin megami tensei x fire emblem.

I tried to sell my wii a few months ago and to only offer I had for it was $50. That is kinda sad.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 - serious and evolved games
    WiiU - 90's style games.

That's my understanding.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it, I'm kind of disappointed that Sony destroyed their PS1 franchises just like that. You had Crash Bandicoot and fucking Spyro! You name it, they had it. Yes they have Ratchet and Clank now and it's a fantastic series but where are the others. There is something to be said about non-realistic platformers such as Mario etc. They don't have to be high budget and you can still make something off of them. I liked parts of the newest Sly Cooper game outside of the loading screens but my god Sony, do something about your exclusive franchises because you need more of a mix instead of just pure realistic-feel ones with a side of Ratchet and Clank every now and then.

Maybe it's just my bias but I could do with a console that had literally only cartoony platformers like Nintendo, they are fun. It's partly why I love the PS1 and N64 so much, they are fantastic systems and even the PS2 and Gamecube. I miss those days... If I ever had the chance to create a console, I'd make sure it had a lot of platformers, it's like the only thing that keeps me entertained outside of Zelda, LoL, and Smash Brothers.
    Hey everyone