Unmentioned 5.4 Kanrethad fight bugs

Decided to start a new thread for this because issues I'm having with Kan are a bit different from what ppl complain at.

Got my book not long ago and decided to give green fire a try. It was fun, but I ran into some weird bugs I didn't see in any guides.
    1) Banish isn't working on PL, so no "dismiss and banish" felhunter phase. At first I though macro is wrong (CnPed enslave one with replacing Enslave with Banish) but then I tried banishing him manually, both in FH phase and (for testing purposes) at the beginning. I see a cast bar and no error message, but nothing happens, he's still unbanished.
    2) A few times Kan cast his Ultimate Doom on me twice, and I got a 10 (seemingly 3 + new 7) or 14 min timer. I kid thee not, have screens to prove it - and I didn't use a single potion. Is than an enrage nerf or just a bug?
    3) I found out you can control PL when you're dead. Managed to have him cast his spells even when I was down. However, when I rezzed with SS, enslave was gone.
    4) Is there any sequence of him casting Cataclysm? I read in many guides that he shouldn't be casting it before imp phase, but he did so in like 2/3 of attempts. Also, is there a cooldown for Cata? I'm tempted to use charge on cd but not sure how many times is it safe w/o risking failing an interrupt.
    5) Is there a way to actually make PL tank Kan? Read that he can be made take his chaos bolts, but no matter how much aggro I dropped, all CB's were aimed at me.
    6) Heard claims you can soak imp fire w/o healing, with soul leech talent, but I had it + soul link passive + eternal resolve glyph, and they still hurt a lot. Still, abovementioned helps a lot (basically + 30% health and 20% damage reduction), I could all but ignore most DoTs, and with LoSing CBs working like a charm, I only have to manage losing Pitty to dogs. Must try parking PL now, as banish tactic seems to be no longer wоrking!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasula Elfbiter View Post
    1) Banish isn't working on PL, so no "dismiss and banish" felhunter phase. At first I though macro is wrong (CnPed enslave one with replacing Enslave with Banish) but then I tried banishing him manually, both in FH phase and (for testing purposes) at the beginning. I see a cast bar and no error message, but nothing happens, he's still unbanished.
    Are you sure the felhunters aren't just eating it pretty instantly? If I recall, there is three of them right?

2) A few times Kan cast his Ultimate Doom on me twice, and I got a 10 (seemingly 3 + new 7) or 14 min timer. I kid thee not, have screens to prove it - and I didn't use a single potion. Is than an enrage nerf or just a bug?
    Seems hes been able to cast it twice for awhile. At least since 5.2. Be careful, it is also said that it will tick at the 7min mark and kill ya.

3) I found out you can control PL when you're dead. Managed to have him cast his spells even when I was down. However, when I rezzed with SS, enslave was gone.
    This does sound like a bug. That shouldn't let you control anything after death.

5) Is there a way to actually make PL tank Kan? Read that he can be made take his chaos bolts, but no matter how much aggro I dropped, all CB's were aimed at me.
    Soul shatter, portals. I think your circle, but not sure. Use things that drop your threat often and don't hit the boss during felhunter phase when you are not controlling the demon.

Other then that, not sure about number four six. I think number 3 may be a bug, and if so should report it on the official forums. Seems you just need practice.

4) Is there any sequence of him casting Cataclysm? I read in many guides that he shouldn't be casting it before imp phase, but he did so in like 2/3 of attempts. Also, is there a cooldown for Cata? I'm tempted to use charge on cd but not sure how many times is it safe w/o risking failing an interrupt.
    Are you sure he is fully casting Cata? When I did it awhile ago sometimes before the imps he will START to cast Cata, but he always immediately stopped without finishing the cast. Still a good time to charge no less as it'll be up for the first actual cast.

This was probably mostly before the gateway nerfs, when you could jump through the gateway every 15 sec and keep your threat at 0. Now gateway no longer removes threat so you really only have shatter every 3 minutes and the PL doesn't generate enough threat for that.

6) Heard claims you can soak imp fire w/o healing, with soul leech talent, but I had it + soul link passive + eternal resolve glyph, and they still hurt a lot. Still, abovementioned helps a lot (basically + 30% health and 20% damage reduction), I could all but ignore most DoTs, and with LoSing CBs working like a charm, I only have to manage losing Pitty to dogs. Must try parking PL now, as banish tactic seems to be no longer wоrking!
    Soul leech was also nerfed in 5.4 so now it is capped at 10% for desto/demo and 20% for afflic of your max hp. Before you could easily get it up with PL charged CBs but now not so much.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I've done it few days ago with 535 ilvl

sure it will gone , it give ya time to kill him if Kanrethad's hp too low ,you can re enslave pit-lord and continue , but it will break on FH phase

he dont most of time , but did few times on me ........... just start charge after you control pit-lord as he didnt cast it before imps m so 1 when enslaved pit-lord , 1 after imps , 1 after FH and 1 after doomlord so going

no there is no way , it was easier before as i've searched alot and nothing , with better gear it will be too easy if we can drop aggro , TBH i like this way

after Kanrethad's cata ( after imps ) send pit-lord to left pillar "inside" and drop rain of fire on gate and tank FH next to right pillar " besure your Demonic Circle is ready in right pillar to avoid Kanrethad's CB " as i forgot to refresh it many times ......... Havoc 1 FH target another and CB ....... even if thy break enslave try to kill FH asap and re-enslave pit-lord
    Last edited by Jrs418; 2014-01-27 at 05:50 PM.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

Well I've been pissed with the Imps lately. They used to be completely OUT the portal and near Karenthad. Now they are farther than they used to be and I used to F&B them along with Karenthad, now F&B can't reach them. This about happened after a 4th making the phase harder than it is to be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best part is if you wait til you have like 535 ish -540ish ilvl you can nuke the hell out of him killed him just after the first fel hunter phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

This strategy worked like a charm for me. You should definitely try it out. Did this in Timeless Isle gear.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."