Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Huge losses all around with no addon anywhere near release and competition from mobas and other mmos.

Deleted
    I would unsub but i just can't be bothered.

*throws free cash at blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    He's referring to the ability to mail BoA items, including heirlooms, to characters on other servers. If you want to reroll on a new server it makes it much faster.
    Didn't know you could do that now. Awesome
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is subjective. Also in my opinion I would say there is just as much anticipation for WOD was there was for MOP just because its not Burning Legion and it was hinted at to be BL thanks to the legendary quest chain.
    Who's to say it will not turn into a BL by the end of the expac? Maybe we are to blame for the destruction of the alternate Draenor and the BL still ends up winning. Would make a great intro for an actual BL expansion in 7.0

the last one was bolstered be people who got carried away on the nostalgia train after accepting that 7 free day offer they sent out for patch 5.4 They subbed for a while and then were like "yeah.. this is just not for me anymore..."

So I think a substantial loss is a possibility.

"Subscription losses will be minimal because Blizzard will up the revenue in this quarter."

Not due to WOW but due to the money they got from selling card packs in the Hearthstone beta. Probably massively at 2 dollars per pack (imagine how many mounts they need to sell for tens of thousands of packs already ...)

Blizzard will gain in revenue throughout 2014.

A pity HS is not the next coming of Christ (boring), but it will contribute in enough revenue to see growth as a company.

Which in the end: $$$$$ is all that counts really in an .... EARNINGS CALL. Subscription numbers are becoming more and more secundary due to the new arrival of F2P games with a money catch (like HS and HOTS).

Hard to swollow for Wow haters I guess.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-14 at 10:23 PM.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." -- something Niels Bohr liked to say
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti Mod View Post
    1 million lost.

Fan boys sucking on the dick of blizzard saying the game is old.
    Judging from the name and the post, I would say you are not very likely to be taken serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming they lose at the very least 500k... it's the end of the expansion... casuals have already downed the last boss in SoO, so there's little for them to do in game. My best guess is that it'll be close to 1 million sub loss.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    "Subscription losses will be minimal because Blizzard will up the revenue in this quarter."

Not due to WOW but due to the money they got from selling card packs in the Hearthstone beta. Probably massively at 2 dollars per pack (imagine how many mounts they need to sell for tens of thousands of packs already ...)

Blizzard will gain in revenue throughout 2014.

A pity HS is not the next coming of Christ (boring), but it will contribute in enough revenue to see growth as a company.

Which in the end: $$$$$ is all that counts really in an .... EARNINGS CALL. Subscription numbers are becoming more and more secundary due to the new arrival of F2P games with a money catch (like HS and HOTS).

Hard to swollow for Wow haters I guess.
    No one gives a shit about the revenue part of it in this thread. We are talking about sub numbers and only sub numbers. I do like how you praise f2p and even call it a new arrival when before you bashed it and its far from being new.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No one gives a shit about the revenue part of it in this thread. We are talking about sub numbers and only sub numbers. I do like how you praise f2p and even call it a new arrival when before you bashed it and its far from being new.
    Indeed. I find it ironic considering he was the one bashing F2P into oblivion and calling it a meaningless and garbage niche. Becouse the only thing that matters is $$$$ from subscribtion market and all else is dead on arrival. But I guess ends (trolling on the overdrive) justifies the means.

Hum, perhaps 400k +?
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Hmmm.

the thread is called ... "Blizzard's Q4 Earnings Call (Speculation)"

You know what the most important part is for an Earning's call ?

MONEY.

Also I Always said F2P is NUTS for the MMORPG market. Because these games are simply too COSTLY to produce to be valid F2P products.

But cheaply made card games are a complete different story: there you sell booster packs all day long...

Simple.

Hmmm.

the thread is called ... "Blizzard's Q4 Earnings Call (Speculation)"

You know what the most important part is for a Earnig's call ?

MONEY.

Also I Always said F2P is NUTS for the MMORPG market. because these games are simply too COSTY to produce to be valid F2P products.

But cheaply made card games are a complete different story: there you sell booster packs all day long...

Simple.
    That's why you should read a thread rather than reading just the title and assuming

The OP is clearly talking about sub numbers

going with 1M lost.... just because there is no reason to play right now
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's why you should read a thread rather than reading just the title and assuming

The OP is clearly talking about sub numbers
    Then he's wrong. As the booster packs sold in HS will let the revenue GROW.

So why discuss subscriptions if the company grows in REVENUE?

Players ? They ARE already assembled over all servers. So Azeroth is more populated then ever ...

Conclusion: Trivial discussion ... both for players as for stockholders.

And that doesn't please the WOW haters crowd at all.

/ Shrug ... Learn to live with it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-01-14 at 10:42 PM.

Then he's wrong. As the booster packs sold in HS will let the revenue GROW.

So why discuss subscriptions if the company grows in REVENUE?

Players ? They ARE already assembled over all servers. So Azeroth is more populated then ever ...

Conclusion: Trivial discussion ... both for players as for stockholders.

And that doesn't please the WOW haters crowd at all.

/ Shrug ... Learn to live with it.
    What are you talking about? We aren't trying to discuss revenue or "hate" on WoW so stop white knighting the company.

This is a thread to discuss what the change in subs in Q4 will be, that much is clear if you read the opening post.

If it's a trivial discussion please feel free to leave and not post in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    What are you talking about? We aren't trying to discuss revenue or "hate" on WoW so stop white knighting the company.

This is a thread to discuss what the change in subs in Q4 will be, that much is clear if you read the opening post.

If it's a trivial discussion please feel free to leave and not post in the thread

So tell me: why discuss the number of subscriptions if total revenue will go UP through selling other "WOW" games for the company ?

And since the players are regrouped over servers: Azeroth is more populated than ever before.

So why would subscriptions be discussed?

Tell me ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be a stable decline, maybe 200k.

Don't see the reason for a sharp drop yet, really. Also I expect earning to go up - they integrated shop ingame, had that mount promotion and MoP discount.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2014-01-14 at 10:51 PM.

So why would subscriptions be discussed?

Tell me ...
    Oh, I don't know, perhaps because that was the question posed in the opening post?