Deleted

How will this PC handle WoW?

As the title suggests, I'm looking for some insight into how the following PC will handle WoW:

Turns out I can't post the link until I've made enough posts here. It's from freshtech solution's eBay shop, here are the specs:

Case : Vantage Blue Midi Tower Case + 4 120mm Fans
    Power Supply : 500 Watt With Power Cable Supplied
    Motherboard : Gigabyte H81M-S2PV
    CPU : Intel I5 4th Gen 4670 Quad Core 3.4Ghz (turbo 3.8Ghz) CPU
    Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive
    Memory : 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory
    Graphics Card : Geforce GT 640 2gb (Dual screen support via DVI /HDMI / VGA)
    Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer
    Warranty : 12 Months Return To Base (Parts & Labour)
    Connections : 6 x USB 2.0 / 2 x USB 3.0 / LAN / Sound
    Software : Windows 7 Home 64 bit

£507 (GBP) including p&p.

I'm currently playing on low settings on a 17inch monitor (to get 15-20 fps in 10mans) on an old pentium D, with a 9500gt, so I'm well out of touch with the modern tech. I've saved a bit of cash to finally upgrade, and reckon this is the best I can get for budget. I know there are better GPUs out there, but, alas, I am not rich. Is there anyone with a similar build that can tell me how it might perform in a 25man/20man, (looking forward to WoD) environment, on any given settings? Any insight would be appreciated!

Edit: Should probably have put this in computer build thread, would appreciate if a mod can move it for me if they get chance.
    Last edited by mmoc219e0fb41c; 2014-01-12 at 07:26 PM.

If you're comfortable building it yourself or having a friend/shop near you assemble it for you, I'm sure you could get something better for the budget.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    If you're comfortable building it yourself or having a friend/shop near you assemble it for you, I'm sure you could get something better for the budget.
    Thanks, but I'm not and I don't, respectively.

I know there are a lot of possible upgrades and other things that can be done, like learning to build a PC myself etc, but I'm really just looking for some insight on how this particular build will perform a 25m raiding environment.

Lowering some settings it will probably be able to keep over a steady 30 FPS, but the GPU is pretty much the weak link, even in a strongly cpu limited game like wow. You've said you're running a 17 inch monitor though, so is it a 720p resolution? That alone would alleviate the GPU issues.

I'd seriously consider learning how to build a PC though, not bothering to invest 3 hours (learning + building) in something you're spending I'm guessing about 700$ on is.. meh.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-01-12 at 07:03 PM.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    I haven't the slightest clue about how to build a rig myself, so the idea of doing so is a bit bewildering, and on top of that I'm plain lazy. An extra £50 or so for the trouble, plus the parts and warrenty by just one company, that suits me fine.

I thought the gpu would be the weak link, and I'll be buying a 21 inch widescreen to go with it. 1080p isn't necessary though, 1600x900 or whatever the standard is for such a monitor will be fine.
    Last edited by mmoc219e0fb41c; 2014-01-12 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peef View Post
    I haven't the slightest clue about how to build a rig myself, so the idea of doing so is a bit bewildering, and on top of that I'm plain lazy. An extra £50 for the trouble, plus the parts and warrenty by just one company, that suits me fine.

I thought the gpu would be the weak link, and I'll be buying a 21 inch widescreen to go with it. 1080p isn't necessary though, 1600x900 or whatever the standard is for such a monitor will bbe fine.
    That's the point, the standard for a normal 21-22'' screen IS 1080p.
    And no, you're probably paying much more than 50$ to that company. Just look at this video and see for yourself, if you really find it too difficult or whatever I'll just stop bothering you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to run high/ultra settings w/ 40~ fps in 25 man raids assuming you're not melee and standing in all the mechanics, if so your fps would drop to 25 maybe, but i'd say you'd stay around 45~ fps.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Running a rig with much lower specs HD4890 4gb ram 1333mhz and a 3.31GHZ 550 BE processor this plays on the "good" setting (with shadow quality turned down and view distance) at around 15 - 35 fps during a raid as melee DPS.

I would expect your rig listed here hitting around 25 - 45 in a 25man raid. 15fps - 30fps in a world boss 40man raid.

Just buy a strong CPU with high clock speed (Intel don't do AMD and be fooled with extra cores) ram also no need for over 4gb but its nice if you want to play other games. As for ram speed also no an issue dont feel you need fancy expensive ram. The graphics card you should spend the most on.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know that's 25man raids will be at least playable with this PC, even if it means medium-low settings.

Since the GPU (GT 640) is the weak link, can anyone suggest a decent upgrade that cost less than £100 (120 Euro, 165 American Dollar), that would work with the 500w PSU? I'd prefer to stick to Nvidia - I've read it in quite a few places that WoW works best with their cards. Maybe an older generation GTX or something?

*Scratches head*

Edit: I'll create a new thread for the GPU topic.
    Last edited by mmoc219e0fb41c; 2014-01-15 at 03:00 PM.