10+ Year Old Account

Work out with Muscle relaxer

I took a muscle relaxer a couple hours before I worked out tonight and was able to do more then I normally do. Was a flexeril prescribed to a family member that I took to relax some pain in my leg. I didn't workout on purpose with it as I forgot I took it, but I was wondering why I was able to do more situps and push up than normal. I don't feel tired when I take them like most people do but really starting to wonder if I should take one before every work out now.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

If you're willing to illegally use a controlled substance every day so you can work out better, you might as well just use steroids. Not as addictive.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you're trying to actually be healthy there is NO REASON you should use a muscle relaxer on a regular basis. Long term effects will severely outweigh any gains you may think you're receiving.

Lifting is a lot like operating a motor vehicle, which is highly discouraged when on such meds. As someone who had to take muscle relaxers myself, after an injury, I an personally say I would go nowhere near a gym while on them. You can easily zone out, lose focus, and end up much worse off.