Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But challenging? Not at all. Only if you are in small guild. About raiding in wow, most commonly guilds raid 3 days a week or 4, for 3-4 hours.
    challenging is subjective. Usually only people going for hardcore raid that long or longer. We already labeled GW2 as not really hardcore.

Yes I did that
    oh?
    To be very honest I have never tried
    hmm

Okay, okay. Special for you I'll make a video and post it here. Should be there tomorrow's evenin'.
    Would be pointless regardless, this isn't about loot distribution it is about what kind of end game PvE wise does GW2 have. It has been listed and done. Undermining things for no reason but to lie (when you even play the game apparently) gets you what exactly?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I understand there is misunderstanding in my words :P. The thing is, I did the event with rockets, but what I didn't know, is that you need to clear them all at same time. Because, well, we killed them pretty quick.
    Would be pointless regardless, this isn't about loot distribution it is about what kind of end game PvE wise does GW2 have. It has been listed and done. Undermining things for no reason but to lie (when you even play the game apparently) gets you what exactly?
    Doing events is fun, fighting dragons regular is fun, getting more luck is fun. It's all fun. But all takes 0 afford on your side.

The thing is, I did the event with rockets, but what I didn't know, is that you need to clear them all at same time. Because, well, we killed them pretty quick.
    Impossible, they would have to of been close to death in order for that to happen. But you do 1 hit afk so idk..

But all takes 0 afford on your side.
    If there is enough people that is true, but if an event fails and you did nothing well the blame could fall on you.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If there is enough people that is true, but if an event fails and you did nothing well the blame could fall on you.
    See, that's my point, if there are many people, events are just too easy. And it's 99% for me because I play on high-population server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    4) Guild runs are easy also. Nice, but too easy. Let's say easier than LFR.
    Sorry what? It's very easy to die if you don't evade properly as a Warrior wanting to just do my damn job like a Melee (I just don't like the idea of ranging, it infuriates me to no end) not to mention someone has to go over and revive you which makes you a nuisance. (It can make you feel stupid too) Sorry but Dungeons/Fractals are nowhere near LFR in complexity, they can be quite challenging for me and this is coming from someone that did Challenge Modes in the early patches of WoW and Endless 30 Damage.

I'm by no means a noob, but they definitely aren't LFR complexity..
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2014-01-20 at 11:38 AM.

If you're still looking at this thread, I would tell you don't bother with GW2. I know what you're looking for, and gw2 ain't it. Trust me, I've been through this one. If you want any kind of end game with a classic progression, and holy trinity raiding scene, you won't get it here. The fans will tell you other wise, but take it from someone who preordered the game, and tried the whole " end game is what you make it" BS. Stick with SWTOR, it has a way better "classic" progression end game, and some of the new raids they've added are pretty good.

Deleted
    there is no endgame in gw2, it's just a matter of repeating the same stuff over and over from lvl 1 to lvl 80 and beyond.
    just save your money for a better game and save gw2 from having another non legit +1 in their pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    there is no endgame in gw2, it's just a matter of repeating the same stuff over and over from lvl 1 to lvl 80 and beyond.
    just save your money for a better game and save gw2 from having another non legit +1 in their pocket.
    Yea I love the "sales" figures arena net throws out there. I'd place a bet that their player base is well under 1 million. I can understand the draw of no subscription, but there are a lot of good F2P mmo's out there with way better end game content than GW2. Arena net is the victim of their own over thinking the "revolutionizing" mmo thing. They should have stuck to the trinity, and gear progression to go along with the events and other cool stuff they did get right, like crafting. It's a shame really.

Part of the appeal of the Guild Wars franchise for FIVE GAMES is that they are not bimodal, endgame focused games. Which do not feature role trinity, instanced raiding or continued vertical progression.

It would only take like 10 mins of investigation to reveal the type of games Arena.net make and their design philosophy since the early 00s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Part of the appeal of the Guild Wars franchise for FIVE GAMES is that they are not bimodal, endgame focused games. Which do not feature role trinity, instanced raiding or continued vertical progression.

It would only take like 10 mins of investigation to reveal the type of games Arena.net make and their design philosophy since the early 00s.
    Agree, and I'm not knocking the game. It's not a bad game at all, it's just not what I look for in an mmo. I can definitely see the appeal for some though. But I have the feeling the OP is looking for a more standard mmo end game, and he won't find it in GW2. My opinion is I think as successful as it's been, I think gw2 could have been a huge success had they not went the complete other direction. I know people complain about raiding, dailies and push button combat, but considering wow is 10 yrs old and still has over 7 million paying customers, it's still a desirable play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a mad race for world's first Wurm kill happening since the patch launched yesterday - some people need to sleep!

http://www.twitch.tv/merforga1/b/497262215
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-01-22 at 04:49 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Well basicaly gw2 endgame is basicaly vanity items. The exotic items you can craft are basicaly heroic tier and the extra stats (besides agony res) on fractals items and the legendary weaps are warforged equivalent upg wise. Even lvling tbh yeah the initial delivery is nice but it gets realy half arsed around the mid point and totaly forgets all the stuff you did before that.

But if im to be compleetly honest comparing it to wow is a mistake coz its a whole nother genre. Some ppl will tell you the tho that the gw2 end game is "to have fun" wich is a stupidly arbitrary and subjective term. For some fun is running around with their vision of a badass looking character and yet every piece of armor (dont even get me started on the legendary) is such a mind numbing grind to get for something that isnt helping you play the game... Your being bored so..thaat , you can...have fun? ...looking pretty? Yeah i dont get gw :-/

I did find spvp fun however keeping in mind that ive been playing wow since vanilla and dont even have the enter the arena ach i gues thats something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Well basicaly gw2 endgame is basicaly vanity items. The exotic items you can craft are basicaly heroic tier and the extra stats (besides agony res) on fractals items and the legendary weaps are warforged equivalent upg wise. Even lvling tbh yeah the initial delivery is nice but it gets realy half arsed around the mid point and totaly forgets all the stuff you did before that.

But if im to be compleetly honest comparing it to wow is a mistake coz its a whole nother genre. Some ppl will tell you the tho that the gw2 end game is "to have fun" wich is a stupidly arbitrary and subjective term. For some fun is running around with their vision of a badass looking character and yet every piece of armor (dont even get me started on the legendary) is such a mind numbing grind to get for something that isnt helping you play the game... Your being bored so..thaat , you can...have fun? ...looking pretty? Yeah i dont get gw :-/

I did find spvp fun however keeping in mind that ive been playing wow since vanilla and dont even have the enter the arena ach i gues thats something.

Not really, for PvE it's more about completing content within the allotted timeframe, the skins you get from doing that just showcase your achievements. (that is of course if you are ignoring all the Dungeons, Fractals, Guild Mission, World Bosses, Living Story, etc. that the game offers.)

WvW on the other hand takes the concept of raiding to a whole new level - coordinating an entire server to victory, moving whole guilds around like so many chess pieces across multiple maps, bringing everyone together with a singleminded focus, working together, contributing together, fighting alongside each other, earning so much respect that thousands willingly follow you, doing it on the absolute EPIC scale it's being done in GW2 - pulling off something like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdecWAAJcMQ

It's not like WoW's 10 or 25 man contents at all. If that's what you're looking for you won't find it here.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-01-22 at 05:46 PM.
    Valar morghulis

I am fairly certain that WvW is not actually a whole new level of... anything. It's an old MMO concept- like 3 MMOs in the past had and featured exactly that kind of gameplay; coordinating entire server groups, multiple map/area battles, strategic map/point control, etc. On a larger scale without the discrete instancing of GW2 as well.

In certain respects, WvW is a less refined variant of RvR. From a design sense and technical sense. As Guild Wars 2 is not contiguous, but discretely instanced in what are large, open join maps. Which is also an old MMO and COOP process of operation.

Also WvW is PVP based. It can not be raiding. The concept of raiding is a PVE game mechanic whether it is is instanced or open world. And all it means is larger than standard group size.

For example, SWTOR defines the default group as 4. As soon as a 5th joins, it is technically a raid group. Up to 16 persons, as that is the defined parameters of SWTOR's grouping and content preparation. Radiant Arcana defined their grouping and content operation as 6, 12, 24, 48 and 120 person raid grouping.

Those are raid mechanics and design.

GW2 allows raids, but not expressly raid groups outside of certain content. Which is the exact same constraint many 2nd era MMOs feature.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-22 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    WvW on the other hand takes the concept of raiding to a whole new level - coordinating an entire server to victory, moving whole guilds around like so many chess pieces across multiple maps, bringing everyone together with a singleminded focus, working together, contributing together, fighting alongside each other, earning so much respect that thousands willingly follow you, doing it on the absolute EPIC scale it's being done in GW2 - pulling off something like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdecWAAJcMQ

It's not like WoW's 10 or 25 man contents at all. If that's what you're looking for you won't find it here.
    You don`t WvWs often do you...?

The only similarity to WvWs & raids are the number of players are large (or at least larger then in battlegrounds, dungeons etc) & that is it.
    A raid is generally a mass of folk "organised" & know what spells to cast against set bosses, npcs or mass of players (ie old warcraft pvp raids against cities (aah, good times...)).

WvWs is basiclaly out number your enemy, usually by moving to the most populated servers & then spam "spell one" & hope spell lag doesn`t kick in whilst hitting a door that doesn`t fight back & AoE caps that in general make spell spamming walls/below walls almost a waste of time...

Moving whole guilds? Hmm, perhaps if those guilds consisted of anything from one to at most sixty members (sixty for borders & 80-100 for eb as estimated/per server max by players (anet really needs to start letting players know numbers...)).

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    earning so much respect that thousands willingly follow you, doing it on the absolute EPIC scale it's being done in GW2

offense meant, but wtf are you on about here?
    If you combine all four maps worth of players, you don`t even get close to one thousand players, let alone "thousands willingly follow you"...

As for the youtube clip, it didn`t really show anything.

Me and some friends recently decided to give GW2 a go knowing that there's no actual "end game". To keep it short, we all enjoyed leveling to 80. The zones are well made and the atmosphere in the game is great. So are the animations and the combat is fluid and feels smooth unlike alot of other mmo's. However, after playing around at 80 I've come to the conclusion that this is not the game for me personally. The character progression is not my cup of tea.

However, the leveling experience was definitely worth the cost of the game!

GW2 is great until you hit lvl 80.

GW2 is just a fun game that's imo visually stunning. It's not remotely your typical MMO with progression. I would say it's a game that 'gives you something to do'. I haven't played it in a while, but some of the quirky things in it may it a cool game to play. While it can get repetitive, it's by no means a bad game

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    Hi guys I have been playing wow since launch. Recently decided to try other MMOS. Got SWTOR on release actually, never really played it until recently. Than i researched Guild Wars 2 and it seems pretty cool. Now I am a guy who really likes PVE end game. I really am not too focused on PVP as much. Especially in WoW.I just need a new MMO to play. I have tired researching online, and I cant fine a definitive answer. How is the PVE end game at level 80 in Guild Wars 2, I know its a completely different MMO stly than SWTOR or WoW, its really interesting how it works. I am just curious how the end game PVE compares to SWTOR. Thanks for your help.
    If you are looking for something along the lines of "raiding" then just keep looking. GW2 does not offer that, and the alternative to regular raiding, for me, does not suffice. I speak for myself, so if anybody else here disagrees, it's simply not necessary.

If WoW-style PvE is what you want, then try Rift. It's free, has WoW-style PvE, a much better and expanded talent tree system, and if you have the disposable income (you played WoW, right?) then you can become a patron and get exp and token boosts to help catch you up.

If you want something different... then sure, go try GW2. It could very well be a much better, full game than when I played at release and the Fractals of the Mist patch. Nothing I've seen from the updates though has tempted me to reinstall.

Endgame in GW2 is nonexistent. The devs and fanboys alike want you to think that there is tons to do at endgame, but there really isn't. PvP is broke and stale (no new games modes yet). WvW is just ZvZ with many more dead servers than ever before. And PvE only gets LS updates that are all temporary and shallow, and pretty much only give achievement point farming as any sort of actual activity. If you want an MMO with real endgame content, then GW2 is not for you. Unless you like farming the new flavor of the month area that LS introduces every two weeks, like attacking doors in WvW, or like playing in broken and unbalanced PvP scene.