Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I understand perfectly well; the gold is still staying on the same server that the transaction occurred on so again, what's the problem?
    Exactly, it keeps the gold within the servers, there is nothing to fix, if I buy a pet on one lightbringer for 50k gold the gold doesn't move server, if I then sell it for 65k on another Area 52, again no issue the gold stays on Area 52, at worse you could saturate a market with pets thus reducing price/demand, but really that is just shooting yourself in the foot :S

Its a good method to get gold on to another server without actually taking gold out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah been doing it for a while. Mainly when I wanted to PvP on my Priest a few months back and had no gold for gems/enchants, just ran TK/SSC/Karazhan a couple times on my Alliance characters on a different realm, got like 5 pets, sold them all on my Horde Priest for plenty of gold for all my PvP needs.

It is pretty obvious, but it's also incredibly useful. Hope they never change it, great way to get gold on another realm or faction, or even make gold really. Buy cheap pets on high pop realms, sell them on low pop realms for more gold.
    I agree. Doesn't really seem game breaking at all. An item from Realm A that can also be obtained on Realm B, but instead was obtained on Realm A and moved via a level 1 to Realm B is no different then if the item was obtained on Realm B in the first place. The only problem I could see if if they then transfer that money back via character transfer to the Realm A, where it would saturate Realm A with way too much gold on the server, causing prices to skyrocket. I doubt Blizzard would change that though, because each transfer nets them $$$, which is all they care about now. Gotta gouge the customers they have since so many jumped the dying ship.

I buy a pet on server A for X gold. X gold from me to the seller, who is on server A.

I sell the pet on server B for Y gold. Y gold TO me FROM the seller, who is on server B.

The gold is not changing servers. You are not "tranferring" gold, you are transferring a sellable product. It only seems the same if you don't understand currency. This could have consequences regarding inflating or deflating the value of pets, but not the value of gold.

EDIT: If you get a sellable loot from an actual card yourself and you sell it for, IDK, 100K gold, did you just create 100K extra gold on that server? No, you got it from another player. The gold total on that server remains unchanged by your actions.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess the smartasses in the thread don't get what I'm saying. I'm not talking about "moving gold", stop watching drug cartel movies. I'm talking about giving your characters hundreds of thousands of gold when that's not allowed, since you can't xfer gold cross faction. Why is the limitation there when you can easily do this.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I guess the smartasses in the thread don't get what I'm saying. I'm not talking about "moving gold", stop watching drug cartel movies. I'm talking about giving your characters hundreds of thousands of gold when that's not allowed, since you can't xfer gold cross faction. Why is the limitation there when you can easily do this.
    i could go to neutral ah on my horde character and put a wool bandage on for 500k and get my alliance character to buy it, so yes it is allowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    i could go to neutral ah on my horde character and put a wool bandage on for 500k and get my alliance character to buy it, so yes it is allowed.
    Only if they are on different accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Only if they are on different accounts.
    Aye, its not hard to get a trusted friend to do it for you, I have done numerous times on my other account. Downside, you lose gold on a net basis, although sometimes an item will sell for more on the opposite faction so you could make money.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-01-17 at 10:16 AM.

Because they didn't add in the limitation recently.

A new system making an old one redundant? Yes, that's normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The gold is still staying within the server so what's the problem?
    Nope, not necessarily. You cage the pet, and sell it on any toon on any realm you please.

The thread is old news... Congrats to the OP to discover the option now too... Since it only exists since Pet Battles were on live realms
    The hype of pet selling has slowed down dramatically already. The big profits are long gone.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nope, not necessarily. You cage the pet, and sell it on any toon on any realm you please.
    Actually yes, its irrelevant where you send the pet, if you buy a pet for 50k on wildhammer then sell it for 60k on aerie peak the gold has not shifted servers, only the item. Gold does not move.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't give your character any gold. You give him trade goods.... Whether you make any gold from those items and how much is up to the realm economy and some luck on your end too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Actually yes, its irrelevant where you send the pet, if you buy a pet for 50k on wildhammer then sell it for 60k on aerie peak the gold has not shifted servers, only the item. Gold does not move.
    yeah yeah....... I meant that differently now I realized afterwards that I may have worded it poorly..
    Your personal gold wealth shifted, without depleting or inflating the actual realm though.

Like let's say my Altoholic tells me I have 1.5 mio gold spread out over 20 toons and 5 realms..
    After I completed the transaction (buy here, sell there) my personal gold wealth is again 1.5 mio, I just "virtually" moved the gold from one realm to the other.
    The toon that bought the item on realm 1, has now less, while the toon that sold it on realm 2, has now more.

I believe that's what the OP has a problem with. But since the realms themselves have no changes, that's fine.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes I see, worded better that makes sense. Tbh I don't think the OP knows what his issue is, sounds like a random whine.

Is this supposed to be happening, and if so, why can't we send gold cross faction if this is so blatantly obvious/abused/easy
    And yet it is so blatantly obvious/abused/easy to transfer gold x faction :S This pet trading is just even easier than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please explain what I'm "whining" about. Did you even read the OP?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain what I'm "whining" about. Did you even read the OP?
    Then after a year and a half of this being done, what is the point of the OP?Also calling people smartasses doesnt endear you to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can move a million gold from one server to the other to any faction that I feel like transferring to by paying for a guild transfer. So... where's the problem again?

Since that is a rather cheap and free way of transfering gold cross faction/server I wouldn't be amazed if they made uncatchable pet uncageable.
    Since they have a 50k gold cap for player transfer you know? Which is like 25 bucks. If they didn't care the cap would have been long gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    Since that is a rather cheap and free way of transfering gold cross faction/server I wouldn't be amazed if they made uncatchable pet uncageable.
    Since they have a 50k gold cap for player transfer you know? Which is like 25 bucks. If they didn't care the cap would have been long gone
    Thats cool and all but i transfered 400k worth of stuff from ah, boes etc and made 100k profit, the limit is not much of a barrier.

There is also no gold cap on guold transfers so the limit is a moot point. I can transfer 1million gold all with blizzards backing.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-01-17 at 01:30 PM.

The only reason I can see for a thread like this being made is that the OP wants this method nerfed/removed after already profiting off of it themselves

"Hey I know I'll bring this up on the most popular WoW forum there is, blizz will certainly fuck everyone else over now"

But as others have stated this has been happening since the pet journal went live. buy pets cheap on high pop realm AH with tons of undercutting, sell for high amounts on low/medium pop, rinse, repeat

Deleted
    You're wrong. It is allowed.
    Character transfer allows taking gold from one to another server directly. It has of course the cost of real cash but its possible.

Took me a few days to figure this out. Buy pets cheap on one realm sell them for a lot on another realm (where you need the gold). If I figured it out, and especially if the OP figured it out, I'm sure Blizz knows all about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Because, they arent trying to keep your charcters from getting gold, Blizz is just trying to keep you from shifting a lot of gold from one realm to the other.