Poll: Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Heirlooms have been around for like, 4 years at this point. If they haven't yet, why would they start now?
    And leveling has not been?

OT: Counter to their own current offer so highly unlikely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... actually, I was just about to say something else, but no.. Don't think so.

If they wished to add more heirlooms, why scrap possible content on getting/obtaining these heirlooms just so people can buy them in the store... don't think so.. Unless it is going to be silly heirlooms, but even there.. I don't think so.

(Silly heirlooms = Apron, frying pan, rolling pin)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think they will ever sell gear with stats of them for real currency. But then again i never thought that they would sell instant level cap..

Definitely. WoW is already 100% p2w so it won't matter. Besides, the plan from Activision-Blizzard was to have a "microtransaction(lol)" store ingame for a very long time. You can see they approached it slowly, got the playerbase used to the idea. Added pets, then mounts, then transmog etc. Now the game is fully pay-to-win with purchaseable alts(!!) You can literally buy alt characters off the shop, with them being boosted to the max level ingame (aswell as given loads of advantages such as eq, epic flying skill, profession boosts etc)

Why would it matter if they sold heirloom gear when you can just buy the maximum level boost? The game is already ruined.

Deleted
    Everything will be sold in store eventually. You voted with your wallets and their greed has no limits.

they sure will be selling boa items in not so long since ya made this poll. ya just gave them the idea and the poll shows not every single player apposes this idea and they can make money from it so ya its coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Everything will be sold in store eventually. You voted with your wallets and their greed has no limits.
    This. Glad to see not everyone is a retard.

I'm almost surprised that they are not there already.

while I agree with this sentiment, why would they sell heirlooms now, when theyre selling the 90 boosts?

They will sell it eventually, people just keep buying them...

Probably. To be honest it would have no effect on endgame and very little effect on the metagame.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Stop giving them ideas.

I pay for a subscription so I can have EVERYTHING that exists in the game. I don't want to pay for anything extra just because I want it. That's what the sub is for.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Definitely. WoW is already 100% p2w so it won't matter. Besides, the plan from Activision-Blizzard was to have a "microtransaction(lol)" store ingame for a very long time. You can see they approached it slowly, got the playerbase used to the idea. Added pets, then mounts, then transmog etc. Now the game is fully pay-to-win with purchaseable alts(!!) You can literally buy alt characters off the shop, with them being boosted to the max level ingame (aswell as given loads of advantages such as eq, epic flying skill, profession boosts etc)

Why would it matter if they sold heirloom gear when you can just buy the maximum level boost? The game is already ruined.
    There's a little bit of hyperbole here, I just can't place my finger on it...

I'm sure of it. Blizzard already has the confirmation that they can sell even real steamy shit on that store and it will sell like crazy

The people who chose "No" are much too naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they? Those who casually play WoW will have -more-than-enough- honor/justice points to buy and upgrade heirlooms. Besides that, heirlooms are usually a once in a life time purchase anyways >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    They already are, somewhere. Isn't there like a vial with 100% XP gains?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Heirloom as in gear that assists leveling, ie with an XP boost and/or gear advantage while low level?

Don't really see the point as we have it already. And boost kind of renders it irrelevant.

Maybe for vanity, but that's really just mog gear we're talking about there.

- - - Updated - - -

God help us, businesses will try to sell us goods and services for money!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    God help us, businesses will try to sell us goods and services for money!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_ethics

Deleted
    Almost certain they will, or they must be very afraid to get something new and controversial into the shop. But after putting a fully new level 90 character in a shop, I don't really see the reason why they wouldn't let you buy heirlooms. It's almost the same as buying a new character, except it's in the form of gear and you level quicker instead of having a new character in a blink of an eye. Imo it would be stupid from Blizzard not to include those in the shop, since it's so close to the buyable level 90.