Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The majority of people who would use this would most likely be raiders whose guild suddenly need something that they don't have or can't find.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

If people were really so upset about the subject then they would have left back in wrath
    What you just said was not wrong. Wrath was the start of this.
    Chronomancer Club

It's not 'the first step towards pay to win', and you know it.

The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    What you just said was not wrong. Wrath was the start of this.
    Yep, everyone left cause of the shiny pony...

Yep....
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You didn't need to spend any money to get the revamped 1-60 content. It came out like a month before the expansion even went on sale.
    I had thought it came out with expansion I stand corrected. Questing did get much more streamlined with Cata I missed some of the group quests (Bolvar through Stormwind anyone?) but damn some of the running from Un'goro to Winterspring and back again urgh..

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Level 90's for sale at the Blizz Store is a major step towards "pay to win."
    How so?

"cuz i sed so!!!1one" is not evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather buy a level 90 than level one.

Levelling takes zero skill and you don't even properly learn your class till late levels anyway.

Levelling is not fun when you have several max level characters, and levelling takes time, time I do not want to waste on boring mind numbing shit.

It is far from pay to win, but you have a point in saying it's a step towards it. However I think Blizz will never do p2w.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Again with the slippery slope argument. Please.

There's already been handfuls of threads arguing this and it's always been wrong. As it will always be wrong.
    It was wrong with mounts, it was wrong with pets, It was wrong with selleable pets, it was wrong with level 90's.

Oh wait, no hold on.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'd rather buy a level 90 than level one.

Levelling takes zero skill and you don't even properly learn your class till late levels anyway.

Levelling is not fun when you have several max level characters, and levelling takes time, time I do not want to waste on boring mind numbing shit.
    Timeless isle and lfr take 0 skill. and LFr is so fucking tedious. So, when can I purchase a full 496 set of armor?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy Boost=/=Pay2Win
    How fucking hard is this to understand?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm afraid I couldn't exactly listen beyond the introduction. There's nothing wrong with selling 90s, so long as they have a proper introductory experience to help people learn the class before throwing them into questing and dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Buy Boost=/=Pay2Win
    How fucking hard is this to understand?
    According to you
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Timeless isle and lfr take 0 skill. and LFr is so fucking tedious. So, when can I purchase a full 496 set of armor?
    Probably end of WoD, ofc it won't be 496 gear, but whatever the catch up shit is then.

Still not pay to win, as it's shit gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the near future. (except the gear will be whatever ilvl is appropriate for WoD). That's the reason so many people are up in arms about the "purchase a level 90" topic - it only leads in one direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the near future. (except the gear will be whatever ilvl is appropriate for WoD). That's the reason so many people are up in arms about the "purchase a level 90" topic - it only leads in one direction.
    I love the blind saying, it isn't a slippery slope. We've been sliding down the slope since the sparkling pony, we were right back then, we were right now

- - - Updated - - -

Probably end of WoD, ofc it won't be 496 gear, but whatever the catch up shit is then.

I guess that you didn't watch the video. This game no longer has any integrity. It's gone. This post just, sums it up.

- - - Updated - - -

so what is winning, heroic warforged? Can I skip battle grounds too and purchace a set of honor point gear? I wanna play with all my friends but they raid heroic

And yet i bet that author of video has no problems with hc guilds selling hc raid and chalenge mode boosts.

u have the p2w in form of those boosts in game already and strangely eveyrone is ok with it - yet buying a char from store is a huge problem - hypocrisy rules -_-

and about buying chars - hell yes -_- tonight i finished lvling up my 2nd monk to 90 just cause i wanted to enjoy BrM spec and my other monk raids with WW/MW - and i literaly felt like wanting to throw my pv through window while lvling it up - its so fucking boring to lvl up nn-alt to 90 -_- it wa more or less ok when i was lvling up all 85s i had after cata but lvling 1-90 - i just wanted to frikin never do it again -_- and char buying service - hell yes i have been playing this game for too long i dont want to lvl up for 20-330ths time -_- enough is enough -_- lvling up is so fucking boring nowadays thet its killing all fun from "my" gameplay -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-01-19 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, skipping obsolete content and getting obsolete quality gear is "winning"...

It was wrong with mounts, it was wrong with pets, It was wrong with selleable pets, it was wrong with level 90's.
    Wrong.

Next?
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that you didn't watch the video. This game no longer has any integrity. It's gone. This post just, sums it up.
    The first 20 seconds of the video was pathetic so I didn't watch anymore.

You appear to have no idea of what p2w is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    And yet i bet that author of video has no problems with hc guilds selling hc raid and chalenge mode boosts.

u have the p2w in form of those boosts in game already and strangely eveyrone is ok with it - yet buying a char from store is a huge problem - hypocrisy rules -_-
    Uhhhh, why would you have a problem with that, at all? You used the in game mechanics to acquire mass amounts of gold. Which takes skill and time. It isn't a boost and here is why

Warcraft is a RPG it is a world you are thrown into, and given a select set of tools to work with. In this game, my character gained mass gold by farming, selective buying, and doing the raid called Auction house.

I then RP walked down to the great heroes guild known as whatever, and payed the mercenaries to accompany me through the harsh dungeons so I may get gear.

I did not go to the local computer set up in Ironforge, and pay the blizzard gods for them to wire me crap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Wrong.

Next?
    So, let me ask you. Where is your line? where is it, where is the line where you will say "NO MORE!" I would like to know is it gold, gear, more levels, achievements, what is it?. Then I would like to know who you think you are that your line is the only one that matters.

Anyone who defends the buyable 90s better not have a line anywhere, a line they think Blizzard won't cross, otherwise change your sig to HYPOCRITE

- - - Updated - - -

The first 20 seconds of the video was pathetic so I didn't watch anymore.

You appear to have no idea of what p2w is.
    Don't get so hung up on the term P2W. I personally think it's the wrong term to use. Like Global warming. So people can say it's false when it is cold out.

The term, Imo, should be changed to Pay to skip. Yes, pay to skip. Because you can't actually win in wow unless you are server first, or you are #1 in arena.

Pay to skip is my issue, as well as pretty much everyone who has a problem with the lvl 90s
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-01-19 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get so hung up on the term P2W. I personally think it's the wrong term to use. Like Global warming. So people can say it's false when it is cold out.

The term, Imo, should be changed to Pay to skip. Yes, pay to skip. Because you can't actually win in wow unless you are server first, or you are #1 in arena.

Pay to skip is my issue, as well as pretty much everyone who has a problem with the lvl 90s
    I'm fine with pay to skip easy time taking up crap, as long as you have done it before.

If I levelled a new 90 now it would be decked in 496 gear anyway due to all the shit timeless isle crap I have in my bank.

I really don't see the big deal, it's how gaming is these days, just look at DLC for incomplete released buggy games.

If you think you can do better, then please do.

Gaming companies no. 1 priority isn't your enjoyment, it's profit, you're just lucky that your enjoyment is part of that profit.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-01-19 at 05:07 AM.