Thread: my dips sucks?

my dips sucks?

hey i just start playing wow after more than 1 year break.
    I just want to know if warlock (destro) are very gear dependent, and if my dps is ok... because compare to my friend i do 0 dps
    so im 499 ilv, and I do 88k dps on dummy after 10million damage done.
    im pretty sure my rotation is OK but not perfect.
    i still have a blue weap and blue pants.
    do u think i can do 150k+ dps on the dummy with a couple new piece of gear?? my friend tells me my dps is good for my ilv but not so sure : /

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 it's DPS and #2 your dps is about on par for 499 ilvl
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainoff View Post
    hey i just start playing wow after more than 1 year break.
    I just want to know if warlock (destro) are very gear dependent, and if my dps is ok... because compare to my friend i do 0 dps
    so im 499 ilv, and I do 88k dps on dummy after 10million damage done.
    im pretty sure my rotation is OK but not perfect.
    i still have a blue weap and blue pants.
    do u think i can do 150k+ dps on the dummy with a couple new piece of gear?? my friend tells me my dps is good for my ilv but not so sure : /
    Weapon does a lot for the damage, trinkets matter quite a lot aswell. If your friend is active and has SoO gear, especially trinkets, then it isn't weird that his damage is way higher.

I can't say if your dps is good or not for the ilvl, but considering you're pushing a blue weapon and assumingly 496-ish epic gear, it seems in line for a player with a bit of ring rust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage is a bit low (I was pulling 70-80k with 475ish gear) but we can't help you with more details. New weapon would be extremely helpful.

Just make sure you've the correct stats weight and that your talents are optimal for your gear lvl.
    I would suggest using grimoire of supremacy.

ok so, i played all day. farmed 50k time less coins and did lfr 1-2-3-4. My Ilv is now 520 and my dps on dummy @ 10mill dmg is 122k. gained 34k dps today, very happy right now. Do u think its good dps for this Ilv!? and I still have a blue dagger with windsong instead of the expensive jade spirit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainoff View Post
    ok so, i played all day. farmed 50k time less coins and did lfr 1-2-3-4. My Ilv is now 520 and my dps on dummy @ 10mill dmg is 122k. gained 34k dps today, very happy right now. Do u think its good dps for this Ilv!? and I still have a blue dagger with windsong instead of the expensive jade spirit.
    on this ilvl it simply doesn´t matter. Read the warlock guides to make sure you´re doing everything right or post some logs of REAL bossfights to ask for help checking out your performance, and farm gear until you can do content where it actually matters that you are also helping attacking the boss.
    I also don´t think anybody will be able to tell you if your playing right if you are referring to a dummy fight and without linking your armory, logs or any other information, since your highest possible DPS comes from way more important things than your ilvl.
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2014-01-21 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should test your dps in raid situation, with all the buffs and proper execution. Considering that warlock can do up to 1mil+ CB's at 520 ilvl its not long enough testing either.
    I did around 150-155k as 520ilvl , but that was with raid buffs which you don't have on dummy testing. That of course increased by 20-30k when there was more than one target that I could havoc shadowburn to the ground.