Poll: Why do you NOT tank?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I always tank when leveling up If I can, there is no reason to go dps since tanks do more damage anyway and then you have control over a situation and very fast dungeon queues. That changes for LFR though, its a super hostile environment and If I don't already know the tactics and have a strong grasp of the fights from having done normal mode (which is the case, i have not raided since MOP launch) then I wont do it.

In LFR people expect the tank to always know what they are doing and quickly place blame on them, I've seen how bad a tank has been treated for a small mistake resulting from not knowing what to do (and not getting any help when asked), when I'm in LFR (which is rare anyway) I'm looking to just auto-pilot through as a dps.

For normal/heroic mode raiding though, where people are working together and tactics are well explained and understood, I'm well up for tanking and I really enjoy it, my main has typically always played Dps though, as a Warrior. Warrior is the only class I really enjoy anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Active mitigation is shit and is too much work except for warriors who just bind shield barrier to everything, I prefer wotlk/cata's passive mitigation.
    Im sorry that tanking actually takes some skill now, guess that was too much for you.

Deleted
    Should be an option "Simply enjoy DPSing/Healing more"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Im sorry that tanking actually takes some skill now, guess that was too much for you.
    Always took skills. Before it was surviving today i'd argue it's more about doing loads of DPS.

Or an option that says I raid normal/heroic mode and have 0 need to tankLFR.

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post

Always took skills. Before it was surviving today i'd argue it's more about doing loads of DPS.
    aside from dmg, surviving is also more skillbased due to active mitigation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayarea View Post
    Where's the "angry mob" option for when you make a mistake .
    This and it's boring. Not worth the rage. Oh and I don't like active mitigation. I enjoyed picking up mobs (when it required more effort than just a thunderclap) more than pressing buttons to survive.
    Last edited by mmoc240118fd7a; 2014-05-19 at 03:43 PM.

Was a warrior tank in classic and BC. Did most raids except the hardest ones(sunwell, nax 40 man).

Late BC I lvl'd a Paladin that became my main when Wotlk hit. Was tanking with him to through most of wotlk. In cata & mop I have changed between healer, ret & tank. Less and less tanking. Main spec has been holy/ret since early cata really. Tanking gear was something I would collect if I just got it, did not work for it.

During MoP I decided to gear myself up as a tank. Was already decked in holy and ret raidgear. Guild issues happend and I have been stuck with lfr as raiding for quite some time. Joined LFR as tank. Get shit on for nothing. Whatever happens in raid, I get the blame. Whatever the hell it is. Players spouting shit to me in raidchat & pm. Rude as hell. Sure, I could ignore it but I figured that they would get away with bad behaviour. So I DE'd all my tankgear and sold some nice enchants on AH and LFR crowd lost a tank.

Got my warr tank alt to 90 during mop and I ran him only with the guild. No issues at all. Sadly, when the guild fell apart that stopped :/

I will never, ever gear as tank to do LFR/the odd flex pug. Random people are to rude. If I get into a good raiding guild i'll maybe main spec as tank again
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    I do and I'm amazing.

Deleted
    I'm mostly tanking flex and normal these days.
    I get short LFR Qs for remaining VP thanks to my GF who's a healer not interested in going dps.
    No reason to take tanking responsibility in LFR then.
    I do of course end up going blood more than half the time, but since I didn't Q up as tank, I don't get the usual abuse people who Q as tanks do.

Deleted
    Planning on starting flex with my prot pala, got 543ilvl from ordos and cele (some 4/4 upgrades).

No real reason to do lfr except for maybe a weap or trinkets. The incentive to stay the whole run (or even do lfr) is what ? Some bags of gold and 90Vp, i'd rather just do some random crap for my Vp.

I tanked in BC as my warrior. The raids back then had a lot of stuff for multiple tanks to do. Nowadays it's just two tanks sitting on the boss taunting off each other. If they got rid of that gimmick, I think I would tank again.

Tanking is too easy, whether you tank for method or random top100 guild, not to mention you need to gear offspec if you want to farm older raids for whatever reason because stuff dies too slow

Deleted
    It's simply too boring to tank.

Missing option: Because tanking is boring.

I guess I do technically tank on my crummy 545 monk alt, but only because I'm too lazy to re-gear him for healing. My paladin also has a tank spec for 5-mans (and was main spec tank for T11-12) and my level 85 warrior has always been a tank. But no thanks. I'd rather DPS or heal.

Deleted
    As a warrior, my main spec is prot for flex and normal raids.

But for LFR i always queue as a DPS for several reasons :

1. I am always on the top of the DPS meter, so, if I play DPS, we will finish faster.
    2. I can respec to tank if a tank leaves

I have a 90 warrior who I haven't touched since I leveled him.

Because I did one raid and got chewed out for not knowing the exact stacks to switch on when I asked.

Basically: I don't do it because people are impatient and terrify me as someone who already deals with social anxiety. I don't need to feel intimated or hated while playing a game to enjoy myself.

Deleted
    Personally I don't enjoy it because I find it gets boring very fast, I always find with healing that I like it for the responsibility and also because its diferent almost eveyr time because its based on other peoples failings or how well we do at certain mechanics. Same can sort of go for dps too in that it can be slightly different every time.

Tanking however is just stand there get whacked on use CD's for these abilities and thats it really. COuld be wrong but I just get bored of it after a few months. Tried DK, Monk, Warrior and paladin. I guess you could say I should try doing more dps and that sort of thing but considering that sort of mechanic is being removed I don't see the point.

Only one I really enjoyed was Dk's million CD's and learning the uses for all of them like AMZ and death pact etc and also warriors high movement was pretty interesting too.
    Thats just me though, I think this expansion I'm going to try my hardest to have 1 main character and 2 alts all of different roles, healer being main and 1 dps and 1 tank alt or something. Rather than 3 alts all healing

Quote Originally Posted by Primalistic View Post
    well, i have a tank of every class my druid is lvl85, i haven't had the urge to level him yet. however as of late, not sure if others are experiencing this, but it seems the "responsibility" level is non-existent these days. Last night, in LFR i was tanking (ToT LFR) on my Monk whom is ilvl513. During the Iron Qon fight, the other tank was taunting after so many stacks. I whispered them several times to taunt, i said it /say, i even did it as a /rw and nothing. I tanked all 3 Quillens and himself by myself and of course at the end of the fight when he died, I got few people commenting on my "squishyness." so I made a comment that the other tank didn't do anything during that whole fight and finally the other tank chimed in with the response "you lived right?" unfortunately I saw red. that made me angry that people are bitching at me that I was squishy and the other tank didn't do anything, so of course, I sank to that level and responded at the tank that they should just leave and they were useless. Boom, all hell broke loose, 5 - 6 players decided to defend the tank that did nothing during that entire fight.

Today, i was on my little warrior tank and was tanking Scarlet Halls, we were in the gaunlet room with the "Bulls-eye" shields and not once did I get a heal from the resto shaman that was in group, they were however targeting the mobs and once the shields broke i caught aggro on all the mobs... didn't get a single heal. so i died. i asked simply "is this how it's going to be for the rest of the dungeon" and this hunter chimed in "oh shut up," which caused the rest of the DPS'ers to let their opinions be known. However the healer never responded.

Is it just my luck? is everyone else experiencing this? am I supposed to get used to this type of logic? I know the real solution is:
    1) Find a guild that raids and shut up
    2) Level with people you know (because everytime I want to lvl another toon people have to do that with me?)
    3) Get used to it, you're a meat shield.
    These aren't answers I'm looking for. Please respond respectfully. Thanks.
    The moral of the story is that most people suck and will get violently angry if you point that out. They're used to getting carried through dungeons and raids that were faceroll even when they were current. It doesn't have much to do with what role you are playing.

I don't mind tanking, just like I don't mind healing. I just much prefer DPSing. Tank is probably my 2nd best role, with DPS being the best and healing the worst(not by much, though)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I actually really enjoy tanking when the other tank in LFR knows what he is doing. (which unfortunately is like 10% of the time)
    N