[Elem]What am i doing wrong?

Hi,

I joined some friends on a server where i had no toon, so i leveled this shaman (was a tank druid before since burning crusade and a mage for vanilla) and i reached lvl 90 two weeks ago. I've since done the lfr ToT and SoO and had no luck for trinkets.

We began our little raid a week and a half ago with normal ToT to know how to play with each other and i have the impression of struggling with my dps... I can't seem to do more than 90kdps while my mates do more. I've read some guides, here and on icy veins, i use simcraft and askmrrobot to know how to modify my gear well. I can't post any links because of forum rules but i'm Garibor on Kirin Tor EU and i made some reports on Worldoflogs (so for those nice enough to look at it's on Kirin Tor EU, guild Ordre de la Lune Pourpre).
    So what am i doing wrong? ^^

Subsidiary question: could we do SoO flex with our level of gear and play, or will it be too hard?

Thanks to all who've read and to all who will answer (and sorry for my english, i might have made some mistakes ^^).

Burbank/Garibor

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbankfr View Post
    Hi,

I joined some friends on a server where i had no toon, so i leveled this shaman (was a tank druid before since burning crusade and a mage for vanilla) and i reached lvl 90 two weeks ago. I've since done the lfr ToT and SoO and had no luck for trinkets.

We began our little raid a week and a half ago with normal ToT to know how to play with each other and i have the impression of struggling with my dps... I can't seem to do more than 90kdps while my mates do more. I've read some guides, here and on icy veins, i use simcraft and askmrrobot to know how to modify my gear well. I can't post any links because of forum rules but i'm Garibor on Kirin Tor EU and i made some reports on Worldoflogs (so for those nice enough to look at it's on Kirin Tor EU, guild Ordre de la Lune Pourpre).
    So what am i doing wrong? ^^

Subsidiary question: could we do SoO flex with our level of gear and play, or will it be too hard?

Thanks to all who've read and to all who will answer (and sorry for my english, i might have made some mistakes ^^).

Burbank/Garibor
    While this isn't exactly a DPS increase, replace the telluric currents glyph and the earthquake glyph. Then take Echo of the Elements over Elemental Mastery. Try to work on the legendary questline obviously, both the for gem and the cloak but also for Ordos acces. Honestly, at your ilvl, I'm not sure if you should go for pure mastery or a mix of haste and mastery, but I'm sure some of the proper buffs will post soon enough

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The telluric glyph is a mistake, i wanted to change quickly before a trash pull for the lightning chain glyph and missclic. I used earthquake glyphed on the council to slow the loas. And as for elemental mastery, i try different talents between each try and it worked best to kill the shadowed counselor but i'll try with EoE next tile

you will get some good advice here but the best i can give you especially if you are just starting out and not totally familiar with level 90 class play is go Primal Ele for your T6 talent. Takes some of the possible mistakes out of the rotation. Also swap to Echo of the Elements too. Also there is an addon on Curse called Elementarist....its really easy to set up and basically lets you know what spells to use next. Its a good way to sit infront of a target dummy and practice until you get used to the rotation. Those addons are never 100% perfect as they can never tell what boss situation you are in at the time but it will help get you started until you get used to the rotation and watching all of your procs

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft says your current optimum would be around 142k, so 90k is a bit low.
    I'd say your reforging and gemming is fine, at your ilvl i'd definitely go for haste>mastery>crit.

Try using the addon "Hekili" (available on this forum here, and on curse), it's a great rotation helper addon that might help you. Generally you should be aiming for roughly 120k constant on a single target fight in your gear, more if you do perfectly. I'm suspecting that you're missing something essential like fire totem, flame shock uptime etc. Maybe link us your worldoflogs reports? You can do that here.

It seems i can't post link but here's a try we've made, juste erase the spaces in your adress bar ^^ Thanks for the current answers

worldoflogs . com / reports / rt-kr1mlj8riqqvhe9p /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbankfr View Post
    It seems i can't post link but here's a try we've made, juste erase the spaces in your adress bar ^^ Thanks for the current answers

worldoflogs . com / reports / rt-kr1mlj8riqqvhe9p /
    My French is a bit rusty, pardonnez-moi, but it seems that I can't find any fire totem cast at all, not even Fire Elemental? If that's the case that may well account for your just slightly too low DPS. Searing Totem must always be up, Fire Elemental when available especially in Bloodlust.

Deleted
    I would also suggest installing weakauras 2 & downloading Enders weakauras strings - they're top notch, Ideal for keeping an eye on your cooldowns.

Your uptime on Lava surge is 28.7% which seems a tad too high. Your searing totem was only up once in a 6 minute fight, that means 4 minutes of the fight was without a fire totem.

Uptime on Flame shock is 97.2% which is good, and is easy to have high in the council fight. I digged a bit deeper and noticed you have several lava bursts that hit a boss without flame shock, and that is going to hurt your damage quite a bit.

A little notice is that only 4 stormlash totems in a group with 3 shamans, means that two didn't use theirs twice as they could.

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria Elemental Shaman Guide: 5.4
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7082

Hi again,
    We've got a new raid tonight and with your aid, i go through the 100k dps roof. I mainly used a lot more of my cds than i did before, but i think the bosses we fought tonight were a little easier to dps (megaera is like a big training dummy with little movement involved).
    I used Heliki's add on to help my see were i was wrong and i satisified of the result ^^
    Thanks for all the answers, i think my next step is mostly the gear, but since i'm on the part of the legendary quest were i must gather 3000 valor points i'm stuck for 3 weeks, and as for the lfr it's really random ^^

Here's the recap of the night if you want to see if i can adjust some things more

worldoflogs.com / reports / rt-hfwg2b1anf5rqshm /