Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Druid. Of those Hunter, Guardian, and Feral (effectively due to Energy) do it passively. Not a big deal for either Moonkin or Resto to maintain it. Only Rogues and Warriors get the short-end of the stick.
    DPS Warriors have a glyph that makes it passive with some rampup, Prot Warriors it is passive for, and Rogues have a glyph that gives them the 1 of 2 AoE sunders in the game. Only really rogues are terrible at it on single target.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-02-26 at 05:37 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    On a more serious note, it's one of those unique abilities that I've been pleasantly surprised by the longer we've had it. It's what I consider a non-healer raid cooldown should be, and I believe such mentality should be used across the board.
    I completely agree with this. With the addition of mythic blizzard can start balancing around these kind of fun abilities too.

I certainly wouldn't like to see any of us lose Stampeding Roar - it's a really nice utility ability when Glyphed, and is an excellent reason to bring a Druid to your raid.

My worry is that in a world without raid cds for non-healer specs, leaving stampeding roar for ferals would seem like an unfair advantage. Let's be fair. It's not a perfect ability. It trivializes some raid mechanics (hmalkorok), and in others it seems 100% mandatory. Blizzard doesn't balance around the move being in raid groups, and I'm not sure if it should. The cleanest fix for all of this is to remove the ability entirely.

This proposes a discussion: is the ability fun enough to justify attempting to address each of those problems?

I wouldn't be against it going away if Blizzard could learn to tone down the obscene amount of raid movement needed in so many fights. Still, as I've said, I would like to keep it, but think it should be Feral/Guardian.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Blizzard stated that they think casters are too proficient at movement, and are looking to tone that down come next expansion. Clearly this means they'll be aware of movement mechanics in designing raid fights. That increases the value of stampeding roar by a lot, however, turning it into an incredibly valuable dps gain for movement phases, allowing ranged dps to get back into position faster to start dealing their rotation again.

Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    My worry is that in a world without raid cds for non-healer specs, leaving stampeding roar for ferals would seem like an unfair advantage. Let's be fair. It's not a perfect ability. It trivializes some raid mechanics (hmalkorok), and in others it seems 100% mandatory. Blizzard doesn't balance around the move being in raid groups, and I'm not sure if it should.
    The point of switching to 20-man raiding was to allow them to assume the presence of at least one of each class and therefore balance around such utility spells.

Here are some other spells that match your description above:

Demonic Gateway
    Windwalk Totem
    Hand of Protection
    Hand of Purity
    Gorefiend's Grasp
    Feint
    Disrupting Shout
    Leap of Faith
    various immunity abilities
    various AoE crowd control abilities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    The point of switching to 20-man raiding was to allow them to assume the presence of at least one of each class and therefore balance around such utility spells.

Here are some other spells that match your description above:

Demonic Gateway
    Windwalk Totem
    Hand of Protection
    Hand of Purity
    Gorefiend's Grasp
    Feint
    Disrupting Shout
    Leap of Faith
    various immunity abilities
    various AoE crowd control abilities
    Lets not forget:

Black Ox Statue (ranged aoe taunt, mass grip target)
    Transcendence
    Disengage
    Touch of Karma
    Stormlash (this one's a bit meh)
    Drums of speed (LW)

Just another wish:

Removed second row of CC(see talent tree).
    Removed thrash.
    Removed starcall or hurricane.
    Second row of CC replaced with aoe spells/passives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Just another wish:

Removed second row of CC(see talent tree).
    Removed thrash.
    Removed starcall or hurricane.
    Second row of CC replaced with aoe spells/passives.
    Someone is Bladestorm-jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Someone is Bladestorm-jelly.
    I'm also, damn warriors

those skills you have listed are really integrated and add a fun elements in gameplay now, loosing them could make most fights blank and lots of people would start whine to get their utilities back,
    if we want to know which abilities could be removed, need to check from player only prespective, which part of rotation need to be simplify

Blizzard stated that they think casters are too proficient at movement, and are looking to tone that down come next expansion. Clearly this means they'll be aware of movement mechanics in designing raid fights. That increases the value of stampeding roar by a lot, however, turning it into an incredibly valuable dps gain for movement phases, allowing ranged dps to get back into position faster to start dealing their rotation again.
    I think you are greatly overestimating the DPS gain. Without running any numbers my hunch is it is almost insignificant. Stampeding roar is more about increasing survival.

I'm hoping they add a glyph that gives you the appearance of the fire kitty from firelands. It will almost make up for the fact that we can't enjoy transformation items such as the Halloween costumes and DPS while in them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahleu View Post
    I'm hoping they add a glyph that gives you the appearance of the fire kitty from firelands. It will almost make up for the fact that we can't enjoy transformation items such as the Halloween costumes and DPS while in them.
    Erm, have you not seen the beauty that is troll cat form?!?!???

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmon View Post
    Erm, have you not seen the beauty that is troll cat form?!?!???
    I have, and I do play a Troll druid. I even have the glyph that randomizes the colors when I go cat. I just really like the fire kitty look too :3

I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors got a Stampeding Roar-esque ability tbh. And/or Hunters via Pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors got a Stampeding Roar-esque ability tbh. And/or Hunters via Pet.
    If there's a best time for them to do it, it definitely isn't now with the transitions to 20-man format. Of course that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If there's a best time for them to do it, it definitely isn't now with the transitions to 20-man format. Of course that doesn't mean it can't happen.
    Right, duh. I just keep hearing people saying that they plan things around the number of Roars they have in a raid. On the other hand it's a utility CD and not a strict "raid CD" so it's not likely to go anywhere. On the third hand it's so powerful that you can rarely do without it.

It's a tricky thing to handle really. But who knows. Maybe Symbiosis will take care of that on its own.

I wonder what blizzard intends to do with predatory swiftness now that it can no longer be used on hibernate or roots. It can ONLY be used on healing touch. At the very least it will be reworded. I am hoping it is not removed or completely reworked.

Deleted
    I wonder what blizzard intends to do with predatory swiftness now that it can no longer be used on hibernate or roots. It can ONLY be used on healing touch. At the very least it will be reworded. I am hoping it is not removed or completely reworked.
    Considering the recent comments on Berserk I'm having pre-5.4 flashbacks on trying to convince developers for 3 months that removing NS and nerfing DoC is a bad idea and results in a dps loss. Maybe a new icon for Mangle? That would be great.