View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I know anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but my bro's high pop servers that he plays on never have que times anymore.
    Interesting, because the high pop server I play on has had queue times for the first time in months this week.

I think around 6-6.5 million, voted option 1.

That is, a significant loss. That's just from what I've seen, guilds abandoned, cities dead, lots of people left until better days.

Although if those who did at least some of SoO / TI still count in the call, since they had "at least one day of active subscription in the relevant period", that's the figure for the next call, not for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lower it gets the better. Blizzard will stop making filler fluff expansions, wrap up the storyline, and release a next gen mmo. I'm hoping for less than 5 million subs but it will probably be between 5.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    The lower it gets the better. Blizzard will stop making filler fluff expansions, wrap up the storyline, and release a next gen mmo. I'm hoping for less than 5 million subs but it will probably be between 5.5 million.
    No.

The lower it gets the faster they will put it on maintenance (stop or drastically reduce development of content, live off the players that come, complete what content there is already, then go away). The only alternative is a move to a completely different payment option (say, F2P), they might try that if they feel bold enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between 5.5-6m sounds like a reasonable ballpark for the end-of-expansion doldrums.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmsix6 View Post
    Interesting, because the high pop server I play on has had queue times for the first time in months this week.
    A couple times now, Wyrmrest Accord has had queues. I've never seen queues on WRA!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I don't think sub numbers will matter much until they start getting critically low to the point that Blizzard heavily considers a new business model for the game. And it's very possible that Blizzard does nothing, continues with their sub model, and let's the game slowly fizzle over the next 6+ years.

Blizzard has been working on consolidating realms recently, which will certainly help the game stay alive by keeping server populations up (the only number that really matters). Players should really not have any need to worry about the game while Blizzard works to keep realms sufficiently populated.

Our server have queuetime now, which it haven't had, apart from a few odd days, since start of cataclysm.
    Don't like the polloption. Too little range on them
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    I have several other friends who have stopped playing for various reasons. I don't think its just the SOO burnout, i think its legitimately people getting sick of this game, or just plain bored.
    Trolls don't have friends.

And why do people still care about this useless topic?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-23 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Trolls don't have friends.

And why do people still care about this useless topic?
    While there seem to be an excessive amount of these topics, it hardly qualifies as "useless". Sub numbers(cash) will matter for the longevity of the game, or the amount/quality of material they put out.

Who knows, it could really be anything. You guys are always wrong when you predict what its going to be. If you say its going to be a slight decrease its 1 million and if you say its 1 million its 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    A couple times now, Wyrmrest Accord has had queues. I've never seen queues on WRA!
    My main is on a server that has now dropped to low, with a steady exodus of players, particularly raiders, to higher pop servers.

But I've had other characters on WrA, and just transfered another one there. I may switch to that server next expansion. We'll see if my current main's server dies.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    ITT: Jaylock making predictions based on nothing.
    my server has queue times again since SoO, I predict WoW up to 10 millions.

I predict that I still won't care.

I do expect a drop though, we need the expansion! I am bored of SoO!

My server still has long queues, as do many others.

Deleted
    I voted 6-6.5 but now I'm thinking more than that. Last time we saw the sub numbers the losses were levelling off. Some sub losses are inevitable and nothing to worry about in the post expansion lull so I'm thinking 7-7.5 million. I'm also expecting a rise throughout WoD of 1 or 2 million.

Other. I know more players who skipped all of Mop and are leveling and gearing a toon now than bitching people leaving. A lot of people are real excited for mop. I think the burn out will be offset by returning players for once. Im usually a downer but this time with flex more are returning than leaving.

Even tho we have had a sub bleed since Cata there is one thing people must keep in mind.

If wow's subs hit 5.1million by the end of MOP then MOP will be the first xpac that wow lost half of its subs it started with. The game is old and I still feel by the end of WOD there will be a major payment model change weather it be F2p/P2p or Just f2p or B2p there will be a change. Titan is back on the drawing board so there is a good chance we are not going to hear anything about it for awhile and I feel Blizzard is hoping Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm make up for wow's lost profit.

Blizzard is making money at this time but do remember they lost a shit ton of money near the end of the year last year due to Vivi.

It will be interesting to see what happens but it has gotten to the people where people are tired of the same old same each content patch/xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Im usually a downer but this time with flex more are returning than leaving.
    Last reported sub numbers prove you wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my prediction for the next conference call which is just a few weeks away. I know anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but my bro's high pop servers that he plays on never have que times anymore. Two of the realms he plays on have lowered to medium pop, and several of his guild mates have stopped playing.

I have several other friends who have stopped playing for various reasons. I don't think its just the SOO burnout, i think its legitimately people getting sick of this game, or just plain bored.

What is your prediction?
    I think it's steady. I actually know a few people that came back or are coming back. maybe +/- 250k subs but it dont think its anything drastic.

This is my prediction for the next conference call which is just a few weeks away. I know anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but my bro's high pop servers that he plays on never have que times anymore. Two of the realms he plays on have lowered to medium pop, and several of his guild mates have stopped playing.

What is your prediction?

I agree everyone of my friends quit about a month after h garrosh was down, I'm only logging in to chat with my other friends really. The game itself is dying same crap over and over I wish someone would step up and create something worth playing. Eso has potential but I think its gonna be released way to early and take a nose dive. Wild star is so cartoony but who knows. I want to love wow again but its just not there