Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Thats great for you, but given the state of... well nearly everything in the industry... you are in the clear minority. People in general vastly over the top sexualised characters in games. It's not considered cool to openly admit it, however.

Id like a little more attitude instead of a neutered looking virgin. (Dont get me wrong - its pretty - but thats a bit bland).
    lol.

No, you're in the minority with your creepily high hormonal problems.

Go fap some more elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty glad with the update to the human female, but I have some nit-picking.

• Her eyes are just a tad too open, making her look confused or intensely interested in whatever she's staring at. Hopefully this is a byproduct of showing her without any kind of "idle" animation, but the eyelids tend to overlap the iris by a very small bit.
    • The muscular definition is fine if you're going for a rather athletic woman, but there tends to be less definition due to body fat especially in the arms. You won't see any of it, and your character runs a lot though, so I don't know. The neck is too defined in my opinion if anything.
    • The nose is extremely angular and small. It doesn't work unanimously. I would make it more subtle or give us the option to change the nose.

Very nice job though!

Also, I don't really see the issue with wanting their character to be on the more attractive side. It's a video game, so high morals aren't really going to cut it. Is every guy in real life perfectly muscularly toned with an epic 80's 'stache? No, so it's an odd double standard. Besides, it's better achieved with slut mogs.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2014-01-23 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    I also made the eyes closer together in both and in the left pulled the chin and mouth up slightly. But i think youre right in that the eyelid is a major thing. I still maintain her eyes are slightly too far apart.
    You're honestly nit picking, the "fixes" you did are negligible, especially when put into the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    I'm pretty glad with the update to the human female, but I have some nit-picking.

• Her eyes are just a tad too open, making her look confused or intensely interested in whatever she's staring at. Hopefully this is a byproduct of showing her without any kind of "idle" animation, but the eyelids tend to overlap the iris by a very small bit.
    • The muscular definition is fine if you're going for a rather athletic woman, but there tends to be less definition due to body fat especially in the arms. You won't see any of it, and your character runs a lot though, so I don't know. The neck is too defined in my opinion if anything.
    • The nose is extremely angular and small. It doesn't work unanimously. I would make it more subtle or give us the option to change the nose.

Very nice job though!
    We'll have some more nose options. I wonder if they'll use the "face" slider to make dramatic cheek/chin/nose adjustments and "facial features" for piercings and makeup or something(reverse goblins, basically), or just put all that into "face" and leave the feature thing for piercings like they have now. My bet is huge eyes are going to be a constant.

I'm assuming the human female is in the 'neutral' position. I'd like see the animations/facial expressions before rendering judgement.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The face featured reminds me a lot of Elizabeth, from BioShock; http://egamer.co.za/wp-content/uploa...ite-render.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    You're honestly nit picking, the "fixes" you did are negligible, especially when put into the actual game.
    In game, yeah small changes wouldnt be generally noticeable unless zoomed in on, but that can be said for many things that the team takes time on. But any slight change to face placement can make a face look vastly different. The human eye/mind is very good at recognizing differences in facial features. If I were to move the eye's out a single pixel further you'd likely notice something was off when looking directly at the face. Eye placement, forehead size, nose placement, gap between mouth and nose or mouth and chin. All of those slight variations add to a completed picture.

Also, I never said I was fixing stuff, simply tweaking placements to get a better idea of what I felt was off.

looks good although it'll take some getting used to.

wish they showed more then one face though, i wanna see the difference.

any uncanny valley is only because the models arent fixed to their proper animation skeletons yet. The skeletons allow for the organic and flowy feel to come out.

I quite like the changes. there wasn't a lot to work with from the original models but thye managed to pull it off quite well

their bodies have some muscle sculpting and are reasonably shaped, not ridiculously sexualized

10+ Year Old Account
    looks even better than the huuuuge gnome eyes; I love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Exactly. Nobody should claim to speak for "the community" and Blizzard won't please everyone in this process. As they said, they are trying to keep the "soul" of the old models while providing some depth. There are subscribers who have been playing toons for ~8 years or more and would be upset if they logged into WoD and their character looked NOTHING like the original.

From what I have seen, Blizzard is on the right track in trying to strike a balance.

If people want to look at hypersexualized versions of females - should probably find another game...Age of Co....oh wait...nvm.
    Tera comes to mind..... I love the new model. It's getting me even more anxious and excited to see what else they're doing with models. I really want to see the night elves, and the blood elf females. I'm curious as to whether they'll look like what sylvannas and the aspects look like. At least in their bodies. I'd prefer that over the anorexic look they have now.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    After this and the female gnome, I'm starting to worry that characters of any particular race and gender won't have different base expressions, like they do currently. Anyone know of anything Blizz has said one way or another on this?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    My first thought was disappointment, to be honest.
    Yeah, as soon as I saw concept art and not a real 3D model over at warlordsofdraenor.com I was disappointed.

I'm hoping what people are saying about the eyes being non-animated is true. Because otherwise, I give up all hope on the new models not all having giant google eyes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah, as soon as I saw concept art and not a real 3D model over at warlordsofdraenor.com I was disappointed.

I'm hoping what people are saying about the eyes being non-animated is true. Because otherwise, I give up all hope on the new models not all having giant google eyes.
    what are you talking about? this is not concept art, this is the model
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post

Very nice job though!

Also, I don't really see the issue with wanting their character to be on the more attractive side. It's a video game, so high morals aren't really going to cut it. Is every guy in real life perfectly muscularly toned with an epic 80's 'stache? No, so it's an odd double standard. Besides, it's better achieved with slut mogs.
    Seriously guys, I've seen people repeat themselves 100 times, the model they previewed has no animations or emotions or expressions tied to it AT ALL, its just a neutral pose. That's why she looks odd and robotic. She has zero expression on her face and for good reason too, it helps animators... well... animate!

and the reason why they shouldn't over sexualize the model is because girl's play girl characters too! And I take characters less seriously when they are running around with boobs bigger than their head.
    Last edited by StrayFox; 2014-01-23 at 08:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Looks good. Doesn't look sexualized. Looks like a normal, moderately attractive human.

I've never been so proud of Blizzard for not going the "make females sexy as hell" route. (cough, cough, Guild Wars)
    Bloodelves are getting the sexy look :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ... looks like she has seen some really nasty stuff ... or is on drugs oO

the only thing I don't like too much on this PICTURE (I'll make my full judgement once I see full 3d model) is her muscles.... just a bit too defined... never liked athletic girls (irl too).... more "feminized" would be better option. but, hey! let's wait till we see all animations and in 3d

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    ...and that's your opinion, dunno why u use plural, if u are disturbed, plz do not assume we share the same mental distorsion, i can understand that everyone deserves to have its own deviations, but assuming everyone else will agree with you just because it's a fantasy game is a synthom that you deserve some medical attention.

The work Blizz is doing looks great so far and is a clear choice to stay "cartoonish" without degrading in the sexual perversion of an asian otaku, like the quoted poor example of mankind.
    Nicely put, volrat

It is curious that the people who has big social and sexual problems, and play videogames, assume that nearly everyone shares the social illness they are living with.
    Probably this helps them feeling more normal, truth is, this game is played by a large number of ppl, large enough to show that these kind of problems are not so vastly shared, as the VG detractors and the disturbed ppl would like to be taken as a fact.