Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I honestly have no idea why people were expecting more than one model.

I honestly don't get how people also failed to hear Blizzard repeatedly state that the models may not all be done on launch, that Draenei and Blood Elf were last on the list, and that Worgen and Goblin may get a rework if they feel they have the time to devote the art team to it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    I see 20... 10 males + 10 females = 20 models that need to be updated.
    you fail at reading. he was discussing races to be updated. there are 10 races. M & F of those races doesnt matter for his/her point.

Right, because for that entire three weeks, they were only working on that model.

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    The game won't release anywhere before september anway so their progress is fine.
    This. It's what it is.

How does this 'prove' anything? Is this a troll topic or do you seriously believe this?

If I recall Blizzard said that not all models would make it to release and they would be staggered over the expansion. Regardless, they sure as hell aren't going to reveal everything to you all at once as that's just bad marketing. This isn't rocket science.

Deleted
    They are busy doing work, also they are every week giving us something to talk about, so i see no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    How is it not? It is their main selling point for WOD?
    Making them is. Showing you that they are isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    sounds like you set your sights way too high.
    Or Blizz set the bar at a level that raised his hopes to that same level, only to be let down when Blizz couldn't deliver on what they stated?

I got the feeling it was a ways off after they announced the new PVP season...

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    The game won't release anywhere before september anway so their progress is fine.
    Where do people come up with this crap? There is nothing at all pointing that Warlords of Draenor is that far off. They are going to be bleeding subscribers like crazy by that point. There are no major mechanics being added or new classes or races, and they aren't releasing all of the character models by release, and they are foregoing making content patch to tide us over to get Warlords out sooner.

I'm not saying Warlords is going to be out in April or something, but they certainly want to see it pushed out as soon as possible. It sure as hell isn't going to be September. July at the very latest, and that's being pessimistic about it. You can count on it. Blizzard isn't stupid enough to let the state of the game sit how it is for any longer than they have to in this case. I'll be happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.

Lol @ this thread.

Such a waste of cyberspace. (And yes, I am aware I "contributed" to it)
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    It's fine, I mean we got 2 new mounts on the store instead and a shiny, voice acted trailer for one of them. I'm sure they are spending their time making things in the interest of players. Now that they have a much-needed gigantic stack of cash (I mean really, 90% pure profit just isn't enough to finish the models), they can hire some more artists and get these models done in double-time. Right?

ITT: Blizzard apologists.

So, on 1/3/2014 Chris Robinson tweeted, "Working on getting next character reveal together...will update ASAP"

Almost 3 weeks later, he revealed 1 gender of 1 race...in screenshots...with no animations...

This took 3 weeks to put together...just 1

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

There are 10 races being remodled for wow, 2 genders each, this equals 20 new models.

We have screen shots for 10 models and actual animations for only 3

It took Blizz 3 weeks to put together 1 screenshot. If Blizz keeps up this break neck speed expect to see all the models in 7.5 months. And god only knows how long until you actually see animations for all 20.

Not to mention there is still no Beta, with the holidays long over (as was being used for an excuse for the delay by community).

I really think Blizz bit off more than they can chew. I used to think the people who thought WOD would be a fall/winter release were cray, but now? I dont think Blizz realizes how far their sub count is going to plumet, will be interesting to see.
    character reveals prove NOTHING about how long warlords will come out.

know why? because theyve repeatedly stated that they dont care if they arent done for launch and WILL NOT delay the expansion just so glitter the warrior has his fancy new elf ears

- - - Updated - - -

I hope for their sake they dont do this. Imagine you are one of the unlucky few (half?) that is running around on an old model, waiting for some future patch to catch you up to the rest of the world...would be a very bad decision by Blizz if they do. I would say almost worse that waiting to release with all races updated (and that is pretty bad)
    what would you rather have them do?

because there is only 3 options

release the models over time
    wait until all the models are done to release the expansion
    dont give ANYONE new models until they are all done and release the expansion with no new models at all
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what would you rather have them do?

because there is only 3 options

release the models over time
    wait until all the models are done to release the expansion
    dont give ANYONE new models until they are all done and release the expansion with no new models at all
    How bout stop playing with players vanity as an excuse to give real WoD content updates, and give us stuff to look forward to DOING in WoD rather than panning the camera around my toon saying "Wow, I look sweet now, gameplay so much betterer".

Deleted
    Whilst I am a little disappointed at the apparent speed of development i am also massively aware that the speed at which Blizz releases content has no bearing on the speed at which it is produced. Chris Robinson never said that he would share everything with the community as soon as it's done.

I am of course playing devil's advocate here but your conclusion that progress is slow is as uninformed as my suggestion...

Just saying s'all...

Don't you people see this is intentional? Not all player models will be upgraded by release, they're counting on people paying for race changes to the few that are done and then paying to switch back, this is the "micro transaction strategy"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting a rotating model with the idle animation on the website, and also the male model, at least

This point prooves you have no idea what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Don't you people see this is intentional? Not all player models will be upgraded by release, they're counting on people paying for race changes to the few that are done and then paying to switch back, this is the "micro transaction strategy"
    How's that tinfoil hat fitting these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Warlords of Draenor will be out before all the race models are finished.
    This at Blizzcon they said that they would probably release before all the new race models are done.