Page 1 of 3
LastLast

UPS left note on my door while I was home...

Around Christmas someone stole packages all around my area so now UPS requires a signature from me to deliver a package. Up until now there hasn't been a problem with this. Today however the driver left a note on my door that I wasn't home and he would come back tomorrow. The only problem with this is I was home and literally 10 feet from the door. He never rang the bell or knocked on the door. I live with my grandparents and they too heard nothing. How lazy can someone be to not even ring the bell? Now the last few packages did arrive during the day where as this one was at night. I don't know if they just don't ring the bell at 6pm. My windows don't have a view of the road so I wouldn't have been able to see him coming. Do they really expect people to sit on their porch in 0 degree weather and wait?

I'm thinking of complaining to customer service about this but I doubt anything will come of it. Just wanted to know if this was commonplace or not.
    Games don't make people violent. Lag does. Release delay does. Dumb people do.
    Nostalgia is the enemy of rational thought.

Maybe you should verify your doorbell isn't broken? Both UPS and FedEx drop the package at my door, ring the bell and knock, then move on.

I don't recall the last time I had someone hand deliver a package to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Coming to your place on two consecutive days. Gets called lazy. Kustoma iz king.

I tested it when I saw the note and it was working.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Coming to your place on two consecutive days. Gets called lazy. Kustoma iz king.
    My thought process was he was running late and wanted to save time by not waiting at the door. From my understanding they have to finish their truck before they can go home.

UPS is pretty awesome in my neck of the woods, USPS on the other hand, lazy good for nothings!

Quote Originally Posted by Saisen View Post
    My thought process was he was running late and wanted to save time by not waiting at the door. From my understanding they have to finish their truck before they can go home.
    Writing a note takes longer than waiting 15 seconds for someone to answer.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Writing a note takes longer than waiting 15 seconds for someone to answer.
    Assuming it's only a 15 second wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Delivery man can't be assed to deliver package when he's there already, decides he'll do it tomorrow = procrastination/laziness is king!

OT: I've had this happen to me before, was left very confused, what I think it probably was is that it was their home time and they just wrote a bunch of notes,
    Stuck them on the doors of every house they were delivering to and went home, has to be quicker than waiting for people to come to the door and signing over the package

I've had the same issues with UPS before. They leave a note on the buzzer of my building saying sorry we missed you, but I'll have been sitting at my kitchen table 5 feet from the buzzer, waiting on that package. It's gotten so bad I usually have to go pickup my package myself, or call and complain until the driver rings my bell with a note on my package reminding him to ring the bell.

I've never had this issue with the postal service delivering packages, it seems to just be the UPS deliveries in my area. And this has been over ten different times, it's not just a one time experience. The postal service buzzes my door, I buzz them in and they meet me in the hallway, no problem.

The couple of times I've spoken to a UPS customer service rep they mentioned that they have problems with drivers sometimes just leaving a note and getting out of there, especially for apartments with doorbells. Who cares if he has to come back tomorrow if it gets the job done quicker today?

Assuming it's only a 15 second wait.
    The guy is going to have the same amount, or close to it, on his truck every day. Unless you live way the fuck out in the sticks or something.

Having to come back tomorrow isn't saving him time, it is increasing his workload for the next day.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

The guy is going to have the same amount, or close to it, on his truck every day. Unless you live way the fuck out in the sticks or something.

Having to come back tomorrow isn't saving him time, it is increasing his workload for the next day.
    Then you explain why he didn't try to get my attention if it's such a big burden.

Then you explain why he didn't try to get my attention if it's such a big burden.
    With only one side of the story and no way of assuring its validity there can be no reasonable explanation.

I don't find the UPS guy sticking a note to your door instead of delivering the package a reasonable explanation if you were there, since he just has to come back the next day.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

His/her job starts at a warehouse with a never ending supply of boxes that need delivered. I don't think they care about "saving time", they get paid every day whether you get it, or not.

I live in Las Vegas, the UPS never ever rings or knocks on my door. They just drop a package and are gone. Sometimes they throw it, usually they put it down nicely though.
    I have a security camera aimed at the door so i know the instant they get there (email get sent via icloud) and sometimes they are back in the truck by the time i get to the door :P

Around Christmas someone stole packages all around my area so now UPS requires a signature from me to deliver a package. Up until now there hasn't been a problem with this. Today however the driver left a note on my door that I wasn't home and he would come back tomorrow. The only problem with this is I was home and literally 10 feet from the door. He never rang the bell or knocked on the door. I live with my grandparents and they too heard nothing. How lazy can someone be to not even ring the bell? Now the last few packages did arrive during the day where as this one was at night. I don't know if they just don't ring the bell at 6pm. My windows don't have a view of the road so I wouldn't have been able to see him coming. Do they really expect people to sit on their porch in 0 degree weather and wait?

I'm thinking of complaining to customer service about this but I doubt anything will come of it. Just wanted to know if this was commonplace or not.
    They are just as bad around this area as well, I was waiting for a package and I check on the day it was supposed to come, find a note and no package, there was no knock or any sign they were there, so I left a note to leave the package and got it the next day. A few days later I watched a ups guy deliver a package to another house, they guy knocked once, IMMEDIATELY pulled out his note pad, wrote his "You weren't here" note, stuck it on teh door and left, did not even attempt to wait for anybody to come to the door. So I'm thinking what the hell are they doing, they must bring sooo much back to HQ because they can't do their job right, which only makes their job harder.

Quote Originally Posted by bpolak View Post
    I've had the same issues with UPS before. They leave a note on the buzzer of my building saying sorry we missed you, but I'll have been sitting at my kitchen table 5 feet from the buzzer, waiting on that package. It's gotten so bad I usually have to go pickup my package myself, or call and complain until the driver rings my bell with a note on my package reminding him to ring the bell.

I've never had this issue with the postal service delivering packages, it seems to just be the UPS deliveries in my area. And this has been over ten different times, it's not just a one time experience. The postal service buzzes my door, I buzz them in and they meet me in the hallway, no problem.

The couple of times I've spoken to a UPS customer service rep they mentioned that they have problems with drivers sometimes just leaving a note and getting out of there, especially for apartments with doorbells. Who cares if he has to come back tomorrow if it gets the job done quicker today?
    Thank you for your reply. I really hope this doesn't become the norm for me in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    His/her job starts at a warehouse with a never ending supply of boxes that need delivered. I don't think they care about "saving time", they get paid every day whether you get it, or not.
    Do you know what Quotas and Routes are? They have to finish all their deliveries before they can go home, they have specific areas they serve that have a general load. Deciding to just lolleaveanote instead of delivering the package just gives them more work the next day.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I had this happen so often that now anytime I'm expecting a package from UPS I leave a note MYSELF on the door, saying "UPS, please leave packages on porch".

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I live in Las Vegas, the UPS never ever rings or knocks on my door. They just drop a package and are gone. Sometimes they throw it, usually they put it down nicely though.
    I have a security camera aimed at the door so i know the instant they get there (email get sent via icloud) and sometimes they are back in the truck by the time i get to the door :P
    I love how they make everything look weightless, then you go to pick it up, and about blow out your balloon-knot.

Thank you for your reply. I really hope this doesn't become the norm for me in the future.
    Yeah, same here. Sadly I've just started biting the bullet and checking where my package is coming from. If it's UPS i just schedule a pickup before they attempt delivery and get it myself. Seems to save time and a headache.