Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strings show Veteran just requires you to be 60.

Blizz, I am disappoint. I was hoping veteran meant veteran account, IE "played for X years. Now gets additional bonuses."

Also would be a way to police the purchasable 90s, only Veteran accounts can buy them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If this is true, then It's definitely gonna be used mainly and saved for engineering characters. Leveling the proffession is a nightmare!

Everyone thinking this is a bonus for people who sub for a long time. IT IS NOT. It just means that for a little extra money, you can buy profession boosts with your in-game store bought lvl 90s. Probably they will either boost your professions to 300, or maybe all the way to 600. It has nothing to do with rewarding long time players.

I lol'd so hard when I saw people posting about how they thought it was.

People need to get over themselves and the whole 'veteran' thing. My account is old as hell too but I don't come to MMOC demanding I get special treatment because I made my account on a certain date. Blizz isn't going to implement a 'veterans player' system and here is one simple reason: many old school players haven't stayed subbed nonstop but have subbed for long periods of time off and on. For example I will use myself. I usually hold a sub but sometimes I let it slip when nothing is happening or money is a little tight and that $15 is gas or food money.

Anyway who cares. World of Warcraft is going to a more Premium+ system of buying boosts to keep people around/get new people into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    If this is true, then It's definitely gonna be used mainly and saved for engineering characters. Leveling the proffession is a nightmare!
    I never understood this - I've leveled engineering many times over the years (currently only have 4 active engineers, though) and I have always felt that it was one of the easier one's to level (only alchemy and inscription are easier of the crafting professions...enchanting might be a tad easier too I suppose but close) Full disclosure - I currently have at least 3 of every profession with the sole exception of JC (only 2) - so I have some experience in leveling them