Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If you need to come up with that, then that's why it shouldn't be done. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I cannot stand the people who insist on screwing over lore for minor, unimportant gameplay reasons. Undead priests only being able to be shadow? that would be kinda bad for gameplay. Undead not being able to be paladins? OH WELL.

It is still an RPG. Lore and whatnot matters and even if you dont care, dont try to stomp on it for those who do.
    While I agree Lore is important, there are a few classes which had to bend the lore, and dang near break it just to happen. Night Elf mages, and Undead Holy Priests to name a few. According to gameplay, they are holy priests, yet according to "Lore", they are primarily shadow magic yet it "burns them" whenever they use holy power. If lore is that important, maybe the priest should take physical damage when specc'd into holy. As for Night elves, they cast out their arcane brethren 10k years ago for practicing with arcane magics. But, when some dude shows up just before Deathwing and says "Hey, you need us", bam, all is forgiven. In any other MMO or fantasy book, it has always been understood Dwarves hate magic. Yet in WoW, you have priests, magi, warlocks, and now monks who use mystical arts. A happy dwarf wears plate, swings an axe, and drinks ale. But yeah, Lore is more important

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, gnome druid FTW!! Would be my main for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Yes please, gnome druid FTW!! Would be my main for sure.
    I would absolutely pay to race change mine Since he is already my main, it would work perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Personally, I've always felt class/race combo restrictions made no sense at all.

What's to stop a human from learning how to be a druid from the night elves? Or who is to say a draenei couldn't decide to be a warlock when they are already closely tied to such things and capable of learning it. They've already eased up some of the more retarded restrictions like human hunters and blood elf warriors, but still.

If an undead can use holy light powers to be a priest, there is no reason they can't do the same to be a paladin. Etc.

Race/class restrictions simply doesn't make sense because even if "gnomes" as a race, on the whole, aren't very in tune with nature or whatever, it's ridiculous to say that a few of them wouldn't want to be or learn how to be when apparently it's so easy for other races. They could even justify it robotical nonsense if need be, but still. It's silly.

Only problem with making druids and shamans of all classes would be the models for the different forms and totems for each race. Blizzard wouldn't reuse models, especially companion pet models with very low poly counts.

Thats how I feel at least.

I agree. It is no secret I am a proponent for race/class combo unlocks. I know this theme was a bit silly, but Gnome Druid has been a dream of mine since I started playing in Jan 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, the mechanical angle only works with Guardian and Feral?

A better option would be to design a technology class that would allow Gnomes and Goblins to pilot mechs into battle ala Mekgineer Thermaplugg, and Seigecrafter Blackfuse.

I agree that Gnomes need some love, and we should play to the strength of their race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So basically, the mechanical angle only works with Guardian and Feral?

A better option would be to design a technology class that would allow Gnomes and Goblins to pilot mechs into battle ala Mekgineer Thermaplugg, and Seigecrafter Blackfuse.

I agree that Gnomes need some love, and we should play to the strength of their race.
    Those were the only two samples I had. Technically since we can already make mechanical items which look lifelike - We could just use the NE or Worgen skins as have druids. I was mostly being funny using tiny mechanical animals. Essentially since all druid forms are larger than gnomes, it would make sense the suit could be so life-like you could hardly tell the difference (in lore) and could not even see a difference in gameplay. In fact, if they zoned in to a dungeon already shapeshifted, you would never even know you were running with a gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    Aawww, this made me smile. I approve.^^
    In another thread, we are discussing the options of natural shapes too. I just wanted to update this version for Drilnos who is also a Gnome Druid fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    At first, I was not ok with this at all.

But now...

It all makes a lot of sense and I really need to think about some stuff.
    hehe, when clicking on the title I thought... NO?!?!?! and really this comes from a horde player, but this is actually a nice idea :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    hehe, when clicking on the title I thought... NO?!?!?! and really this comes from a horde player, but this is actually a nice idea :P
    Thanks. I figure Goblins could make the same suit since they have an engineering background as well.

I've always thought Gnomes could be Paladins, considering the recent addition of Priests who use the light. Hunters have been long overdue. Gnomes build guns, and most of the NPCs use them. Even in AD&D, Gnomes have an affinity with nature. In WoW, they are the ONLY RACE to not get hunters. Even soulless undead who kill everything they touch have a hunter class.

Also, I could see Shamans. If goblins, who are completely untrustworthy unless paid to be, can make a deal with the elements, certainly the gnomes, who live and learn with Dwarves could make the same deal. Druid is the only hang up. I do like the mechanical suit idea, since I am a fan of the Tinker, but it may just be too big of a stretch like Undead Holy Priests or Night Elves and arcane magic. There are just some things in Lore that don't mesh with gameplay.

All in all, not a bad idea, but likely never to pass.

You people aren't happy unless you start 10 of these per month. Gnomes don't get to be Paladins, Shamans, Druids or Hunters. They got to be DKs and warriors which is the stupidest thing since the actual addition of gnomes. So no druids for you.

Honestly if gnomes still cant be hunters (While goblins can) I dont see much hope for a druid :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    No. Goblins are not religious or natural.

Hell, they nuked the last home they had.

They have no ties whatsoever to druidism.
    Well, half true and half wrong.
    Lately they have been getting sort of religious. ( A few obviously, not the entirety of the race.)

Goblins got shamanism because they probably paid orcs to teach them or something and they are great at making deals so they conned the elementals :P. But honestly shaman wouldnt be that far of a stretch for gnomes maybe a alchemist thing like taurens with sunwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    I've always thought Gnomes could be Paladins, considering the recent addition of Priests who use the light. Hunters have been long overdue. Gnomes build guns, and most of the NPCs use them. Even in AD&D, Gnomes have an affinity with nature. In WoW, they are the ONLY RACE to not get hunters. Even soulless undead who kill everything they touch have a hunter class.

Also, I could see Shamans. If goblins, who are completely untrustworthy unless paid to be, can make a deal with the elements, certainly the gnomes, who live and learn with Dwarves could make the same deal. Druid is the only hang up. I do like the mechanical suit idea, since I am a fan of the Tinker, but it may just be too big of a stretch like Undead Holy Priests or Night Elves and arcane magic. There are just some things in Lore that don't mesh with gameplay.

All in all, not a bad idea, but likely never to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydr0 View Post
    Goblins got shamanism because they probably paid orcs to teach them or something and they are great at making deals so they conned the elementals :P. But honestly shaman wouldnt be that far of a stretch for gnomes maybe a alchemist thing like taurens with sunwalkers.
    Nah, goblins have a special relationship with gold elementals. Though gnomes should be able to talk up a steam or electricity elemental just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Personally, I've always felt class/race combo restrictions made no sense at all.

What's to stop a human from learning how to be a druid from the night elves? Or who is to say a draenei couldn't decide to be a warlock when they are already closely tied to such things and capable of learning it. They've already eased up some of the more retarded restrictions like human hunters and blood elf warriors, but still.

If an undead can use holy light powers to be a priest, there is no reason they can't do the same to be a paladin. Etc.

Race/class restrictions simply doesn't make sense because even if "gnomes" as a race, on the whole, aren't very in tune with nature or whatever, it's ridiculous to say that a few of them wouldn't want to be or learn how to be when apparently it's so easy for other races. They could even justify it robotical nonsense if need be, but still. It's silly.

Only problem with making druids and shamans of all classes would be the models for the different forms and totems for each race. Blizzard wouldn't reuse models, especially companion pet models with very low poly counts.

Thats how I feel at least.
    Agreed. If a Padaren can show up outside Gnomeregan and teach me how to be a Monk, why can't a night elf show up and teach me how to commune with Nature and be a druid? Or why could a Dwarf not teach me how to make a deal with the elements? There are already inconsistencies in Lore created by the Cataclysm. If a Tauren, can be a Paladin, certainly a Gnome could too.

No more gnomes, no more draenei.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    No more gnomes, no more draenei.
    Guess you won't be sticking around for Warlords of Draenor then? All those Draenei.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would even revert the ridiculous changes made to the combinations in cataclysm like night elf mages. Others in my eyes like human hunter make perfect sense, gnome druid on the other hand does not.