Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    On top of that it's P2W, but thats a whole other story
    Really wish people would stop saying that. It isn't P2W. P2W would be boosting to 90/100 with a full set of Current-teir Heroic and current season Elite Conquest items, with maxed professions and everything else you can possibly buy for a single character.

What you're getting is a level 90 with potentially 600/600 professions if you boost a 60+ (From what I interpret it as) rather than a level 1.

Yep, definitely P2W. Better find a new game.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Leveling is going the way of the dinosaur. If Blizz could, they'd actually remove all leveling in WoW and we'd just start at 100.
    No... they can but they won't. I would hate a game with only max level content. There would be so little to do and no sense of progression.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    No... they can but they won't. I would hate a game with only max level content. There would be so little to do and no sense of progression.
    Because you totally think "Wow, I feel much stronger now I've got to 90". What you actually feel is "Thank fuck that's over, I've now got all my spells for my rotation and I'm not longer doing the same quests I've done a dozen times over". Leveling isn't progression any more, it's simply a monotonous chore you do because it's an artificial barrier that exists because it's a staple element of RPG's in general and something that is mandatory between expansions so that new content is separated from old content.

I'd say there's more sense of progression farming LFR than there is leveling.

Who's to say they'd even offer the paid 90 to us? Makes more sense for the Asian Market given they pay per hour. There has been things datamind and teased by blizzard in the store before that, for now- is largely obtainable outside the US/EU servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And just because they sell boosts doesn't mean EVERYONE will suddenly be buying them.
    This. A thousand times this.

Yes, there are a lot of people who think this is pay to win and hate the whole thing on principle. But there are many, many, MANY more who just don't give a flying fuck but will also never buy it.

Not because they hate it.

Because they just

DON'T

CARE.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not pay to win. Whatever made you think it was? It lets you boost one char to 90, what do you win by doing this? If I pvp against a person that used that boost, what advantage will that person have over me?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    "They won't."

"I would hate."

One of those is influencing the other. Blizz has said since they revealed Cata that they reason new players aren't joining/sticking with WoW is the level grind. Now they're offering free 90s only because 100 would trigger the "P2W" skeptics.

If they could go back and make a WoW2, I guarantee you levels would not be part of it. You'd get everything right away, and all that would matter is boosting your iLevel.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    With this level to 90 boost no one is going to be playing? is this a concern for low level dungeons then? There will be plenty of people to help you through your low level instances. If it's max level then in reality there will be MORE people to help with the queue. The boost to 90 is also not P2W. You aren't winning anything. You have a level 90 when max level content is level 100. I hardly doubt any one would call it pay to win if you could boost a toon to 85. This has existed long before; it was called Recruit a Friend.
    I had a post reply in mind (for the OP), then I saw ^this. You, sir, win today's Interwebz Award for truth and justice.

Seriously speaking: People get boosted to 90. if they know the class, they'll be better able to contribute to anything ongoing and forward (in terms of dungeons, BGs, raids, etc). If they boost only to noob-it-up.. those people will quickly find themselves ignored, unable to find a guild, and unlikely to be able to advance very far in the content.

#FlightIsImportant

I think this will help the lower lvls esp in terms of new people as you wont get the vets going RUSH RUSH RUSH you scrub, you suck noob etc... but get more people that either enjoy leveling or are willing to help as they are new as well.

oh and its not event close to P2W but keep thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Am I the only one afraid of this?
    YES!!!
    /10 char

they should just make challenge modes levels 1-100. each challenge mode level grants you a level, all the way until level 100. this way you get to learn your class, do it alone and not be dependent on other people.

Do you have any idea how many threads are discussing this right now? Rhetorical question, I guess; but still: No, you aren't the only one afraid of that but you also aren't justified as it won't be cheap.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The vast majority of players will not purchase level 90s.

P.S. I didn't "win" when I hit level 90 on day 1/2 of MoP, so these people certainly won't be "winning," when they purchase level 90s in WoD. Pay2Win = in-game advantage. A paid level 90 confers no in-game advantage. Now high level gear or stat boosts? Sure, that's Pay2Win.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-01-25 at 12:45 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Leveling is going the way of the dinosaur. If Blizz could, they'd actually remove all leveling in WoW and we'd just start at 100.
    Nonsense. If Blizz removed leveling completely, they wouldn't be able to charge people to skip it.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never, ever pay for an instantly leveled toon -- ever. I'm sure there are millions of others just like me. A huge chunk of players already have 10, 20 or 30+ toons. I don't even care about the free 90 with WoD. Blizzard's existing character fees are insane and I cannot even imagine what they'll charge for a pre-leveled toon. See you in LFD/LFR.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

A level 90 boost is most likely going to cost around the same as the cost of doing it the sketchy workaround way, so the game ($15) + expansion ($40) + transfer ($25) = $80 for a boost to 90. Maybe $65-70 to discourage people from making a bunch of new accounts.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    A level 90 boost is most likely going to cost around the same as the cost of doing it the sketchy workaround way, so the game ($15) + expansion ($40) + transfer ($25) = $80 for a boost to 90. Maybe $65-70 to discourage people from making a bunch of new accounts.
    I mentioned almost this exact thing in another thread. I guessed it at around $45 to $65, but that was just guessing at what kind of discount they would give over the round-about way to do it. But, you could theorize that it would cost exactly the same as battlechest ($20)(assuming it includes MoP come WoD release) + WoD ($40) + $25 character transfer to your existing account = $85. So $85 to get another 90, before the idea of just buying a level 90 form the store. So $85 minus whatever discount they decide to give, to make it easier on their players $85-($20-$40) = $45-$65.

I seriously doubt it will be less than $40 and NO WAY IN HELL it will be less than $30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I seriously doubt it will be less than $40 and NO WAY IN HELL it will be less than $30.
    Perhaps. I can see them selling a lot more of them if it clocks in around $29.99 myself. I used to agree with you but I'm not so sure. Mostly I think it will be about $10 more than that but the real determining factor is how anxious will Blizzard be to make it available and used. None of us have any idea at all about that. I suspect you'll need the expansion to have it available in the store (should they do that...PTR's are not 100% conclusive).

I doubt if queues will change much since that assumes that healers and tanks will use it more than DPS. If all use it in about equal percentages of their respective role populations, nothing much will change. I haven't seen anything even remotely resembling a case for that. It's true that tanks are in short supply but the fact remains that if--pulling a percentage out of thin air--20% of tanks, 20% of DPS and 20% of healers do this it all remains about the same.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-01-25 at 01:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    We're probably gonna see more fotm classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    you lost all credence of an acceptable debate when you stated the above,
    Paying to get an instant level 90 is Not Pay to win under any imaginable concept.
    You do not gain an advantage over someone who takes the free route.
    You do not get any gear that is of higher quality than in the dungeons / raids already
    You get toon at level 90 straight away. if anything its Pay to loose. as you loose the leveling time learning the class.

as to your original concern about queue times, I have found that they are fine. if your leveling and wanting to do a dungeon then take the time to go questing whilst you wait. Ofc if your only going to level through dungeons then it will take longer, but then the game is not designed to specifically level through dungeons alone. You will also find for every person that buys an instant 90, there will be 100's if not thousands of others leveling normally.
    This is a the big picture. It might just slow up progression on learning a class, but overall, im ok with it.