Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What race to pick?

I am going to play Warrior (Prot) again for WoD, but as I'm playing Horde now, I can't decide what race to pick. I usually care more for the looks and the animations as for racials, but I also keep them in mind. Mostly for the animations, here is what I think of the races (I prefer to play female chars):
    Tauren, Blood Elves and Trolls are already out. I don't like how Blood Elves hold their shield and I already have several Elven chars. I don't like the combat animations of Trolls at all and I was never very keen on playing Tauren.
    Goblins have nice animations (except for /roar, it's too long; how does that look with shouts in combat?), but I feel like such a small race doesn't really fit for a tank..
    The Pandaren animations are also on the top, the only problem I have here is how she holds the shield while in 'ready-stance'. Armour fits quite nice on them.
    Both active racials of these two are rather meh in my opinion (the passives are nice though).
    Undead - The one-hand specialattack animation puts me off, same with the crouched combat stance. Neat racials.
    Orcs - I am eager to see the new models here, I think they could use just a bit less bulky and a (very) small amount more girly, but whatever. Racials are okish. Could use some nice barber shop options.
    So, what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I am going to play Warrior (Prot) again for WoD, but as I'm playing Horde now, I can't decide what race to pick. I usually care more for the looks and the animations as for racials, but I also keep them in mind. Mostly for the animations, here is what I think of the races (I prefer to play female chars):
    Tauren, Blood Elves and Trolls are already out. I don't like how Blood Elves hold their shield and I already have several Elven chars. I don't like the combat animations of Trolls at all and I was never very keen on playing Tauren.
    Goblins have nice animations (except for /roar, it's too long; how does that look with shouts in combat?), but I feel like such a small race doesn't really fit for a tank..
    The Pandaren animations are also on the top, the only problem I have here is how she holds the shield while in 'ready-stance'. Armour fits quite nice on them.
    Both active racials of these two are rather meh in my opinion (the passives are nice though).
    Undead - The one-hand specialattack animation puts me off, same with the crouched combat stance. Neat racials.
    Orcs - I am eager to see the new models here, I think they could use just a bit less bulky and a (very) small amount more girly, but whatever. Racials are okish. Could use some nice barber shop options.
    So, what do you guys think?
    Not that I'm the best person to answer this but isn't Tauren/Panda best for survivability? The rest are cool little niches but they don't affect your EH

Tauren is only about a 7k hp increase over an orc.

Theres never really a reason to NOT roll Orc Warrior unless you truly cannot bear the look of them. No race in WoW comes close to the usefulness of the Orc racial to a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    bear in mind that most races are getting new looks/animations in WoD. so you cant really rule out some of them either unless you REally dont want to play them. and there are changes to the racials aswell if i'm not mistaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    bear in mind that most races are getting new looks/animations in WoD. so you cant really rule out some of them either unless you REally dont want to play them. and there are changes to the racials aswell if i'm not mistaken
    That's right and I am most eagerly awaiting the update to the new models that was said to come end of this week. I hope they have some horde females ready! However, I expect the new animations to be similar to the old ones, at least for the basic moves. As for the airflip of the undead onehand specialattack still being in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody can really tell you what to pick as you're aware of all the reasons to choose either race, but, I'd go with a cow. Nothing cooler than a giant Tauren tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Nobody can really tell you what to pick as you're aware of all the reasons to choose either race, but, I'd go with a cow. Nothing cooler than a giant Tauren tank.
    I'd have to agree with this. 7k extra hp or not, they just look bad ass!

And Sparkuggz from Method has supposedly come across some information about the new racials which u can find here. And by the looks of it: Tauren is gonna be pretty god damn strong.

Deleted
    Theres never really a reason to NOT roll Orc Warrior unless you truly cannot bear the look of them. No race in WoW comes close to the usefulness of the Orc racial to a warrior.

orc ftw

- - - Updated - - -

orc ftw

bump

- - - Updated - - -

orc ftw

bump

- - - Updated - - -

orc ftw

bump

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i for one...would choose orc male/tauren male or undead male. i like them coz how the look animations and recials. if animation for u then its undead

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Arcane torrent. AoE silence and instant rage. How is more AP better for a tank?

Tauren are the dumbest looking class in the game. Followed closely by gnomes and goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    threat generation and DPS.

unless u care about trash mobs, Arcane torrent is a lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Small tanks are awesome Like my tiny gnome tanking a gigantic boss it's just cute XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

Tauren are the dumbest looking class in the game. Followed closely by gnomes and goblins.
    Are you trying to make an argument that Blood Elves have even the slightest of advantages outside of melee-range PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    threat generation and DPS.

unless u care about trash mobs, Arcane torrent is a lul
    If you are a tank with threat problems then you shouldnt be a tank......

belf or undead imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you plan to play Paladin, you ALWAYS choose Troll....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Well bear in mind those animations may look way better in WoD.

Given the options you left I'd say Orc, always seemed to fit a Warrior perfectly to me. My Warrior is an Orc, male though. Female Orc is a DK.

Female Orcs look glorious in plate incidentally. One of the best proportioned player models IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Orc, they are just meant to be warriors.

Racials are being "balanced" so there are many things to account for, such as Orc Axe Expertise being removed or replaced. As a warrior tank, you usually won't be lacking mobility, so Goblin seems like a mediocre pick unless you adore something about them, outside of combat functions.

I personally prefer Undead warriors, as they look pretty bad ass. Panda doesn't feel Horde enough (or Alliance enough) despite having some really good attack animations, imo.