Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Balibapo View Post
    Whatever they do, for the love of all that is frosty, please remove the rune cost on Pillar of Frost. Clunky, clunky & clunky as well as costing a resource unlike other classes dps cooldowns.
    Only 2h frost players have a problem with pillar having a cost.

2h frost is clunky, not pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Only 2h frost players have a problem with pillar having a cost.

2h frost is clunky, not pillar.
    I accept many descriptions for Frost 2h dks or dks in general, but clunky is not one of them. If you ever feel clunky you did something wrong/have not enough haste.

Criticism is fine and cool, dislike things is also ok, but sometimes its just getting over the top, the dk has some problems but is fore sure not cursed with all the evil of the world.
    Pillar cost is a bit annoying as it is especially redundant and can sometimes leave you with only one rune but therefore you have a bunch of runic power to get that back to hit obliterate happily another thousand times.
    Our ApM is so high that we basically have negative downtime to exaggerate a bit and that doesn't really fit my imagination of something being clunky, hitting the same 2-3 buttons in a rapid speed is rather fluid and maybe boring and may cause damage to my key board and my hand but thats pretty much it.

Pillar of Frost rune cost has never been a problem to me as DW frost in MOP, and as 2h frost in Wotlk (Unbreakable Armor) and Cata.

2H frost has a problem with it's cost because 2h frost has very much downtime, while DW has none. It's a huge problem for 2h in PvP because you're almost doomed to use your runes on Obliterate, leaving very little freedom to use your runes on other skills, while DW can use it's runes on almost anything and losing only some damage.

I stay on my statement, like i have done since 2h frost was changed in MOP:
    MoP 2h frost is clunky, slow and badly designed. It's not Frost, it's a playstyle that reminds more of a warrior, or the old blood dps-spec.

Pillar of Frost should have a cost, because it has such a short CD.
    Last edited by Wrien; 2014-02-11 at 07:58 PM.

Pillar of Frost rune cost has never been a problem to me as DW frost in MOP, and as 2h frost in Wotlk (Unbreakable Armor) and Cata.

2H frost has a problem with it's cost because 2h frost has very much downtime, while DW has none. It's a huge problem for 2h in PvP because you're almost doomed to use your runes on Obliterate, leaving very little freedom to use your runes on other skills, while DW can use it's runes on almost anything and losing only some damage.

I stay on my statement, like i have done since 2h frost was changed in MOP:
    MoP 2h frost is clunky, slow and badly designed. It's not Frost, it's a playstyle that reminds more of a warrior, or the old blood dps-spec.
    Frost 2h has around the same ApM Frost dw has, if you ever have a lot of downtime with Frost 2h you are either in greens or simply bad at either the spec or gemming/reforging your gear.
    Theres just basically everything wrong in your post that i could cry.

The atleast slightly intended working Frost specs in Cata and in Wrath had immense focus on obliterate as the hard hitter, every sinlge master frost spec until MoP was an unitended abomination of either hybrid speccing or horrible ability balancing as the dk is a clusterfuck since ever.
    You could even gem ArP in ICC which was totally viable and was just weaker on straight AoEing/cleave which had way less dominance back then.

For PvP, honestly, you don't just spam obliterate, obliterate is an ability you focus on if you want to kill/pressure someone and you're working towards a well placed burst, Hb deals good amounts of dmg and frost strike, too which are enough to build up damage on a target, you can't expect that you can pull off a PvE "rotation" in PvP. Frost dw is mostly crap in PvP because of its FS reliance and our blood presence dependence, you don't have to sit in BP, but if you're focussed you need to and DW is screwed because of its FS reliance at that point.
    Frost 2h has more freedom, because it can deal dmg more flexible and switch to obliterate when trying to kill. Frost DW needs FS to kill. The actual difference in how hard FS for example hits is also way smaller as you just don't have this stat amounts and as you may have noticed, on lower gear 2h dominates DW in PvE also.

You can stay on your statement as long as you want, but if you play something wrong and yell at it for being bad, you are in no way right, blind hate for a spec is no vialbe reason for any argument. I can very much understand if you like the magic dmg conception more or find 2h for some reasons boring and unengaging, but you still see things that didn't ever happen in an intended way and say things which plainly proof that you have not so much of the knowledge about the class you claim to have.
    If you so dearly want to play a frost dmg only spec i suggest playing a frost mage.

Frost 2h has more freedom, because it can deal dmg more flexible and switch to obliterate when trying to kill. Frost DW needs FS to kill. The actual difference in how hard FS for example hits is also way smaller as you just don't have this stat amounts and as you may have noticed, on lower gear 2h dominates DW in PvE also.
    I can crit 90k with Frost Strike and 100k+ with Howling Blast self-buffed at max as DW frost in pvp.
    You can't spam icy touch or necrotic strike as 2h and expect to kill something, you can easily do that as DW, you basically have to build RP, and nearly all rune-skills gives you RP.
    Obliterate is very costly, leaving very little room for other rune-skills, so that means very little freedom. Obliterate is also highly affected by armor, whereas DW's damage is unaffected.

frost was never as heavy Obliterate-based as it is now. Obliterate used to hit slightly more, not the double of Frost Strike, but like 20% more.

Current 2h frost doesn't play any different to how dw was in all of cataclysm and half of wrath.

And 2h frost is doing more damage with frost strike than with obliterate these days anyway, mastery matters.

I can crit 90k with Frost Strike and 100k+ with Howling Blast self-buffed at max as DW frost in pvp.
    You can't spam icy touch or necrotic strike as 2h and expect to kill something, you can easily do that as DW, you basically have to build RP, and nearly all rune-skills gives you RP.
    Obliterate is very costly, leaving very little room for other rune-skills, so that means very little freedom. Obliterate is also highly affected by armor, whereas DW's damage is unaffected.

frost was never as heavy Obliterate-based as it is now. Obliterate used to hit slightly more, not the double of Frost Strike, but like 20% more.
    YOu can set up a kill with necrotic/IT purge and FS and HB still deal considerable dmg as Frost 2h, you can also use either mastery to emphasize on being able to do so, or going haste to not run into a resourceless situation. You also won't kill someone with just hitting FS a few times as dw, 90k crits aren't that much anymore. Also if FS gets parried your resources and your dmg is gone, rune based abilities just get delayed, if you have to go BP because you get focussed you can't really kill someone as dw, as 2h you can kill.
    Also you can't calculate with full uptime on a target, you have to be able to hard switch and as dw HB and FS are only that much superior to dw due to RI which isn't stacked up on a target you switch to and therefore the actual gain over 2h on that 2 abilities is barely noticable, while the one on obliterate is still huge and it offers more devastating burst, especially with ERW.
    Theoretically Frost dw could be better than 2h, but in reality it just doesn't work out that way, you need BP here and then, you need to hardswitch, you need that big hit to kill your enemy and you need a main nuke which isn't just gone on a parry/dodge. I also was quite fine with managing to keep chains up, purge here and there, put some necros on board and pull off 1-2 obliterates, finishing off with FS if needed.

If you just spam oblit and your enemy runs away you did it wrong. As already said, you alos don't need to kill in the same turn you purged/necroed someone, as we perform at best through constant pressure.

Yes, Frost was never that oblit heavy as 2h is now, but thats not necessarily a problem, just its current incarnation is a problem because we have next to no ability synergy beyond their different resource costs. The problem you and many others, partly including me have is that all our complexity is put into our resource system, which is shallow to some degree, it is indeed complex but our abilities are so straight forward leaving no depth in their use because they are differently affected by sec stats while wielding nothing but pure raw dmg.
    A while ago i made suggestion here in turning our mastery into charges, like the same frost dmg dealt as a charge instead of applied directly through the ability, stacking like 3-5 times, unleashed as into obliterate, making km do olbit frost dmg and being triggered by hb/fs crits/hits instead of autohits.
    Oblit would be the main nuke and interesting, but not at every situation, km promotes or atleast no longer devalues crit and oblit gets partly affected by mastery as it itself grants a charge if used on km and an especially strong one as the charges are counted as obliterate dmg. Hb proccing km would also give cleaving with hb an additional ST gain which many classes already have and so on.
    What you effectively do changes very little it just stops the mutilation through mastery devaluing oblit, or oblit devaluing mastery and so on.

I see it this way, we won't get a major revamp with WoD, they said this already and therefore we shouldn't try to bash something because of personal dislike or try to promote to kill a playstyle because it is partly a casue of problems. We should try to fix things while changing very little so we can focus better on that argument and talk not on a completely theoretical what if matter, which many many do. Here are many interesting ideas, but they are just not going to work that way.
    The core playstyle won't change and if you dislike this you might try a different class because our problems can indeed be solved without changing it and that is the most likely route blizz will take, unless we can convnce them that the rune system complexity has little game play impact which is only partly true or that they should drop it somehow for ability complexity and more directly engaging game play, which is a matter of taste.

Sry for that wall, just felt like it
    Last edited by Raikh; 2014-02-11 at 09:55 PM.

A while ago i made suggestion here in turning our mastery into charges, like the same frost dmg dealt as a charge instead of applied directly through the ability, stacking like 3-5 times, unleashed as into obliterate, making km do olbit frost dmg and being triggered by hb/fs crits/hits instead of autohits.
    Making 2h frost even more Obliterate-dominated....

No.

Updated my ideas yet again

General
    - Remorseless Winter removed, replaced with Hungering Cold.
    - Hungering Cold: Purges the earth around the Death Knight of all heat. Enemies within 10 yards are trapped in ice, preventing them from performing any action for 8 sec and infecting them with Frost Fever. Enemies are considered Frozen, but any damage other than diseases will break the ice. 1.5 sec cast, no cost.
    - Runic Empowerment, Runic Corruption and Blood Tap now works with Shattering Thrust as well.
    - Gorefiends Grasp now also taunt enemies while in Blood Presence
    - Frost Presence now increases Runic Power generation by 20%, and reducing the duration of effects that remove control of your character by 20%. Also reduces the cost of Frost Strike, Rune Strike and Death Coil by 10
    - Unholy Presence now increases haste by 20%, and movement speed by 15%.
    - Changes to UH and Frost presence is to make both presences good for all specs, making us choose what presence we prefer instead of being forced into one of them.
    - Glyph of Icy Touch now also affects Glacial Burst
    - Deaths Advance (use) now makes you immune to all roots and slows and increases movements speed by 50% (up from 30%)

Frost
    - Obliterate has been reworked: It now does 350% weapon damage plus x, empowering your rune-weapon to increase all Frost damage done by 20% for 10 sec. Obliterate now serves more as a skill to boost other skills, and to build runic power, it also intentionally prevents pure Howling Blast or Glacial Burst spam
    - Howling Blast no longer deals more damage to primary target and is now an aoe primarily.
    - New skill, Shattering Thrust. Forcing all your energy into your rune-weapon, dealing 250% frost damage and shatters one absorption shield (power word:shield, Hpala mastery, AMS etc.) from the opponent. This skill cannot be parried, dodged or blocked. 8 sec CD, 20 Runic Power
    - New skill, Glacial Burst (replaces Icy Touch for Frost). Does single-target damage similar to what Howling Blast does now
    - New glyph, Glyph of Icy Reach. Now increases the radius of Howling Blast and Remorseless Storm by 5, and the range of Icy Touch and Glacial Burst by 5.
    - Rime now makes your next Frost-spell (all frost spells) free, also passively grants your auto-attacks a 45% chance to grant 10 runic power.
    - Frost Strike now deals 170% weapon damage, up from 115%. Cost is now 30 runic power, down from 35 (making blood presence less dps-penalizing for frost
    - Killing Machine now has a chance to make your next Frost Strike, Shattering Thrust or Glacial Burst crit (instead of Frost Strike and Obliterate)
    - Rune of the Frozen Champion (new runeforge): Has a chance to heal you and increasing your strength by 20% for 15 sec. Also causes a debuff identical to razorice (2h only)

- Rune of Razorice now only works on 1h weapons
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes removed
    - Threat of Thassarian now lets all weapon-strikes hit with both weapons, but no longer increases Frost Strike damage.
    - Pillar of Frost modified. Increases Strength by 20% and armor by 50% for 20 sec (similar to the old Unbreakable armor skill).
    - New skill, Remorseless Storm: Unleashes your rune-weapon (strikes it in the ground like Arthas when he calls Sindragosa) creating a huge wave of frozen energy, dealing frost damage (a little stronger than current Howling Blast damage on primary target) to all enemies within 15 yards and freezes all enemies infected with Frost Fever to the ground for 5 sec. 40 sec CD. 1 frost rune.
    - Improved Frost Presence removed
    - Blood of the North now passively increases the crit chance of Obliterate by 20%

The idea behind these changes to frost is to remove the current 2h and DW playstyles and merging them. Frost is now like a combination of current DW and 2h. This is achieved by changing Obliterate so that it deals a quite alright amount of damage, but it doesn't dominate, leaving more freedom to use runes on other rune-skills (especially in pvp). It also increases Frost damage done to intentionally prevent Howling Blast (Glacial Blast) spam, so that you basically have to use it now at least once if you wish to spam Glacial Burst effectively. This aslo intentionally prevents pure spell-spam (like DW is now). Frost damage now dominates Frost, as it should. 2 new skills has has been added to to make frost feel more interesting and less spammy. Frost felt very lacking on skill quantity since MOP.

Unholy
    - Improved unholy presence removed
    Last edited by Wrien; 2014-02-13 at 04:46 PM.

-For them to fix the blue glow on the eyes to be more misty in appearance, like the cinematic version of the Lich King.
    They have the tech in place for this, and with the new models it is the perfect opportunity to put it in.

-Ability to raise killed (player) enemies as pets (works exactly like ghoul, but will look like undead version of the target player's corpse instead. Basically it's visual only.)

-Runes show on weapons. Rather than a typical enchant glow, I want to see runes on the actual weapons surface instead.

-On the topic of Runes: Rune system overhaul. Many of the runes are outright worthless. How about giving us a Mastery rune?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Some of your ideas are just flat out nerfs to dks why would you wish for that?
    I was thinking the same thing reading the OP. Why get rid of AMS, dark succor, and frenzy? These have become baseline and would require yet another huge overhaul of the class. I have used my DK as my main since the launch of Wrath and honestly, I'm getting tired of having to completely relearn the class every time a patch drops. Even 5.4 brought some significant changes. I'd be happy with some baseline scaling based on spec and otherwise leave the class alone.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by diezel413 View Post
    Why get rid of AMS, dark succor, and frenzy?
    AMS: Nobody is saying "get rid" of AMS. They're talking about removing the RP energizing effect so it can be used defensively, rather than being used on cooldown offensively. I'm actually ambivalent about this. The offensive use is strong unique gameplay, and if you're concerned about living, you can always save it.

Dark Succor: We have a self-healing tier. Why not just make it good, or add "on killing blow" components to those talents? Or alternatively, just make dark succor's effect baseline. It's equivalent to warriors' unglyphed Victory Rush.

Frenzy: This ability provides haste, to a class that has been GCD-capped in every single expansion. The devs don't know how to stop us from being GCD-capped. In fact, Celestalon said that being GCD-capped wasn't necessarily a bad thing any more! We'll be capped in WoD too. Change it to buff a different stat. Perhaps amplitude, or multistrike, or mastery.

Personally, I would like to see Frenzy change to something like this, fixing Unholy's rampup problem at low gear levels.

Unholy Frenzy
    5 min cooldown
    Incite your ghoul into a killing frenzy, instantly applying 5 stacks of Shadow Infusion. Cooldown resets when you leave combat for 5 sec.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-02-15 at 10:25 PM.

While i can imagine unholy frenzy being way more amazing granting an actual dmg increase in some form rather than haste, i really like it for what it is. There are just fights, especially if you want to keep empowered DoTs up to some degree where i run dry at some point, maybe not dry but it slows down, it gets a bit annoying to play for my taste and UF is that button which resets this "cycle" for me.

But i would also take a changed ERW with lower cd and maybe only 3 runes and 15-20 rp. Its really atrocious for a 5 min cd, it can be useful but its cd doesn't reflect that. Would rather have it as a tool to get out of starvation more frequently and allow more steady fluid gameplay. Thats only unholy perspective though.

I also like the idea of having instant big bad timmy for the beginning ofa fight, because its just annoying and lowers burst and burst cleave for no good reason. While i have to say that would also be open to an entire rework of the ability. As it was introduced it was extremely powerful, the ghoul as a whole was more impacting. Now its like that little annoying buff you have to keep up( restack and push a button here and then and nothing changes for you, timmy gets bigger and still deals no dmg you would feel epic for.
    I rather had some constant pet dmg and have a cd that makes timmy evil, big and dangerous with a lower uptime, where he maybe even deals shadow dmg to add some spice.
    Our current 4 set is a very good example of how meaningless the transformation game play wise is. There are bosses like Malkorok where it is virtually possible to keep timmy transformed like the entire fight if you can soak miasma on cd with galakras + reg magic glyph and its still not really worth taking and on normal use half of the gain lies within having to spend less runes/globals on the transformation activation.

The uptime is also so laughably high that changing it to be entirely passive would be taken to be a minor buff and probably the unholy runes granted by that are still the biggest gain of that. Hoarding resources for faster ramp ups on expiration are also a only a very minor thing and gets even disrupted by the 4 set. Let alone you need 5 DCs for getting it up and spending a rune/global in addition.

I have no really big problem with it, but most of it is more annoyance than awesomeness, no good feeling and nothing to manage besides to actually press that button on 5 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    AMS: Nobody is saying "get rid" of AMS. They're talking about removing the RP energizing effect so it can be used defensively, rather than being used on cooldown offensively. I'm actually ambivalent about this. The offensive use is strong unique gameplay, and if you're concerned about living, you can always save it.

Dark Succor: We have a self-healing tier. Why not just make it good, or add "on killing blow" components to those talents? Or alternatively, just make dark succor's effect baseline. It's equivalent to warriors' unglyphed Victory Rush.

Frenzy: This ability provides haste, to a class that has been GCD-capped in every single expansion. The devs don't know how to stop us from being GCD-capped. In fact, Celestalon said that being GCD-capped wasn't necessarily a bad thing any more! We'll be capped in WoD too. Change it to buff a different stat. Perhaps amplitude, or multistrike, or mastery.

Personally, I would like to see Frenzy change to something like this, fixing Unholy's rampup problem at low gear levels.

Unholy Frenzy
    5 min cooldown
    Incite your ghoul into a killing frenzy, instantly applying 5 stacks of Shadow Infusion. Cooldown resets when you leave combat for 5 sec
    Why not just turn it back into hysteria where we get an x% damage increase for the time it lasts? Or make it give us more of every secondary stat....would be a better cooldown...Five minutes for your version isn't that good imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    While i can imagine unholy frenzy being way more amazing granting an actual dmg increase in some form rather than haste, i really like it for what it is. There are just fights, especially if you want to keep empowered DoTs up to some degree where i run dry at some point, maybe not dry but it slows down, it gets a bit annoying to play for my taste and UF is that button which resets this "cycle" for me.

But i would also take a changed ERW with lower cd and maybe only 3 runes and 15-20 rp. Its really atrocious for a 5 min cd, it can be useful but its cd doesn't reflect that. Would rather have it as a tool to get out of starvation more frequently and allow more steady fluid gameplay. Thats only unholy perspective though.

I also like the idea of having instant big bad timmy for the beginning ofa fight, because its just annoying and lowers burst and burst cleave for no good reason. While i have to say that would also be open to an entire rework of the ability. As it was introduced it was extremely powerful, the ghoul as a whole was more impacting. Now its like that little annoying buff you have to keep up( restack and push a button here and then and nothing changes for you, timmy gets bigger and still deals no dmg you would feel epic for.
    I rather had some constant pet dmg and have a cd that makes timmy evil, big and dangerous with a lower uptime, where he maybe even deals shadow dmg to add some spice.
    Our current 4 set is a very good example of how meaningless the transformation game play wise is. There are bosses like Malkorok where it is virtually possible to keep timmy transformed like the entire fight if you can soak miasma on cd with galakras + reg magic glyph and its still not really worth taking and on normal use half of the gain lies within having to spend less runes/globals on the transformation activation.

The uptime is also so laughably high that changing it to be entirely passive would be taken to be a minor buff and probably the unholy runes granted by that are still the biggest gain of that. Hoarding resources for faster ramp ups on expiration are also a only a very minor thing and gets even disrupted by the 4 set. Let alone you need 5 DCs for getting it up and spending a rune/global in addition.

I have no really big problem with it, but most of it is more annoyance than awesomeness, no good feeling and nothing to manage besides to actually press that button on 5 stacks.
    Part of my problem playing unholy right now is due to the eye not benefiting ERW for unholy. While I am usually not hurting for resources as dw frost, it's nice having it on a 3 minute cool down in case I screw up somewhere. It is absolute trash as a five minute cool down and should be three minutes for all specs, the only way they can justify it being five minutes in WoD is if it gives us some form of damage boost after using it. While It does add pvp burst, it doesn't add enough to the likes of warrior or mages throughout the expansion.

As far as having a super timmy, personally I would like to see it removed altogether and give us the ability to "train" undead pets and have a "stable" of sorts for them as well. Would make us a little more like hunters sure, but it would give us the ability to have a different pet for each situation. However the rest of what you said in terms of DT is pretty spot on for the ability.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2014-02-16 at 04:05 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like 2H frost mostly the way it is. I'd like stats to work better for all DK specs, or at least interact in a way that isn't totally retarded. Completely arbitrary haste break points that are also subject to whether or not AMS soaking is present just feels incredibly weird. Crit feels weird for frost, useless aside from DPS for blood and haste just needs to be reworked for all DK specs. It just doesn't work well, is either too attractive or not attractive at all.

The discussion about whether or not pillar needs a resource cost and that it feels 'clunky' feels weird for me. It's not really clunky for 2H frost at all in my eyes because you want to use it on CD anyways. What's weird about the ability is the fact that it actually costs a resource, a lot of abilities strung amongst the classes don't require resource costs period. Whether it goes away or not would just be a slight QoL either way, really doesn't effect me either way. Frost really isn't a serious PvP spec and hasn't been for awhile. If you want to PvP unholy has typically been superior.

They aren't going to rework DKs from the ground up, I just hope people can come to accept that. They can and should however make that actual stats work better for DKs, because currently they work really poorly.

Deleted
    like I posted on the KM-thread, one way to improve Frost would be making the following changes which would be my WoD wishlist:

- Obliterate and Frost Strike are now like Scourge Strike, i.e physical strikes with a Frost damage component (roughly half and half)
    - KM Procs from critical strikes (ALL crits)
    - KM makes your next Obliterate/Frost Strike deal 100% Frost Damage
    - Our diseases scale with haste (more haste -> more ticks. Dynamically updated)
    - Soul Reaper does Shadowfrost damage (Buffed by mastery, so actually useful for Frost)

That way all three of the current secondary stats would be desireable for Frost, without clashing with each other and without going useless at a certain point.

- Mastery would improve Oblit/FS damage (So it'd be very desireable for both DW&2H)
    - Crit would increase the amount of KM procs (thus making it desireable at all times)
    - Haste would increase the amount of autoattacks/Rune&RP strikes/Disease ticks (I.e more chances to proc KM)

That way stacking one stat would be unwise. Nothing but mastery = Big FS/Obli damage but very little KM procs thus not taking full advantage of them. Nothing but Crit = Lotsa KM procs but very little damage from FS/Obli thus not taking full advantage of KM. Nothing but Haste = lotsa strikes but not many procs and weak strikes. So we'd be inclined to keep the stats relatively close, and wouldn't be screwed by bad itemization (without reforging, that is a real possibility in WoD)

that's my 2 cents

Been working on these changes for over a week now. Any change starting with "*" is just some extra stuff that I thought of while figuring out the other ones.
    Disclaimer: I worked only with our current selection of spells, passives, talents etc. Didn't bother inventing any new ones (hence the empty talents) as I just wanted to figure out reasonable changes.

*Runes: rune regen talent-tier removed, base rune regen lowered, rune regen from haste increased (and possibly Blood Tap baseline, just more similar to old model).

Pestilence removed, Roiling Blood now baseline.
    Glyph of Festering Blood removed, effect now baseline.

Soul Reaper now deals Shadowfrost damage.

Rune of Razorice removed.
    *Rune of the Fallen Crusader: 1.5PPM when applied to a one-handed weapon.

Forst:
    -Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes removed.
    -(NEW) Might of the Frozen Wastes: When dual-wielding, your Death Strikes, Obliterates, Plague Strikes, and Frost Strikes also deal damage with your off-hand weapon and when wielding a two-handed weapon, all melee attacks deal an additional % damage.
    -Obliterate: base damage increased. No longer deals more damage on targets affected by your diseases but instead deals extra damage as Frost on targets affected by your diseases.
    -Frost Strike: base damage increased.
    -Howling Blast: Primary target damage reduced by 50%, secondary target damage increased by 100%.
    -Rime: Your Obliterate has a 50% chance to cause your next Howling Blast or Icy Touch to consume no runes, and increases it's damage by 100%. Rime can now stack up to 2 times.
    -(NEW) Razorice: Your Obliterates and Frost Strikes cause your target to take an additional 3% damage from your Frost attacks for 30 sec, stacking up to 5 times.
    (All changes to Frost are in hope to make the difference between DW and 2h more flavor-based.)

Unholy:
    -Scourge Strike: An unholy strike that deals 135% of weapon damage as Physical damage plus x. In addition, for each of your diseases on your target, you deal and additional 15% of the Physical damage done as Shadow damage over 5 seconds (with "Ignite effect") and causes your diseases to instantly tick once on that target.
    -Summon Gargoyle can now cast while moving and will start to cast as soon as it's summoned. *In addition, Gargoyle Strike can no longer crit, but damage is increased by 25%.
    (Not that many changes to Unholy but I'm mostly happy with the spec, just wanted to get more synergy with diseases and fix Gary)
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

Deleted
    Unholys cds need to be changed, a 3min dmg cd that actually does damage to yourself..change.

more protection on garg, no other dps cool down can be stopped and fucked up so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    - It would be nice to have a glyph of icebound that removes the stun prevention but adds 20% extra damage reduction. Together with the current glyph (mutually exclusive) will present some interesting choices for pvp and pve. May create too powerful CD for Blood though.

- Talent Death's advance redesigned- Passively increases speed by 15% (5% more than currently), on use- increases speed by 80% for 3 sec (from 30% for 6 sec). This should help a bit with our mobility while not adding a new talent or ability.

- Remorseless winter synergy with Chains of ice. If a person is affected by the root of chains of ice remorseless winter applies the stun on that person right away.
    - Separate Frost and Unholy (Frost- more crit based (stacking crit as primary stat), UH- more haste based. A good separation between specs will make them more unique. For that to work Frost should have some higher base rune speed regen (or haste as a whole)

- Frost HB should be made more powerful in AE situations, Icy touch more powerful for single target. This will make Frost rotation more "complicated" and people may see a sudden drop in DK dps. That will be only till people learn when to use what, like Rets did.

- New talent replaces of Death Siphon- "Will of the King"- you take half direct damage from all attacks that do more than 20% of your max health, the other half you take as a bleed effect in the next 5 seconds. This will help reduce Blood spikiness when tanking, also an interesting choice for Frost and UH PVP.

- Ghoul should start attacking immediately when summoned or CD should be increased with 2 seconds, the time it takes for the ghoul to "unearth" itself.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Maybe I'm blind, but what would Blood DKs do for Active Mitigation in PVE?
    Further down the post:
    -Blood rites now also proc from heart strikes and blood boil and pestilence. Also removes the cooldown on death strike.
    So baseline cooldown, passive in blood spec removing cd.
    Buff to frost/unholy, where they currently need to sacrifice the majority of their damage for a tiny bit of selfhealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Well, my wish will not happen ever, but a man can dream.

I really want the talent back where you'd respawn as a Ghoul on death, the old Unholy tree was some of the best fun I've had in PvP EVER!