Hey guys!

There seems to be a problem on my gf's computer which I tried to google but none of the search results really were the same as mine so I decided to ask for advice here.

So, the computer was lagging and running slow one night and we pressed the power button to shut it down and restart it back up. The computer was running fine before this (obviously excluding the lag) and there were no problems with playing games or browsing the internet. After we restarted it, somehow the resolution had changed to the minimum and when you tried to start World of Warcraft, the pop-up stated that "World of Warcraft was unable to find a suitable graphics card, update drivers etc".

So I started looking into it and I ran the system check thingy on Beta Profile Settings at Blizzards page and it did not seem to detect the graphics card. Same result with running dxdiag. Somehow all the information about the graphics card had lost. I tried going through System Recovery and see if I could reinstall the drivers but it wouldn't give me the option to do so.

Now there are a few other problems too I've noticed. The sound card stopped working also. I tried several different headphones and speakers but none of them seem to be detected after plugging them in. In the back or the front. So this brings me to the question that is this a fault in the motherboard or what is it?

Another question also regarding device manager. For some reason, none of the components are visible in device manager.

Here are the specs for the computer in question:

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-...-35485359.html

Hopefully the questions and explanations were clear and hopefully someone can be a hero and help us! Thank you in advance.