Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a lot of experience. But i killed Deathwing with a pug, heroic Ragnaros on the 5th try, Garrosh on the 20th or so.
    I'd say Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I would have expected more Lei Shen HM in this thread. Weren't there many people comparing him to Ragnaros HM?
    I have done neither of them pre-nerf so I can't really compare them, it's really a genuine question.
    Because blizzard has become better at tuning encounters to be actually killable when guilds first reach them. Also he was far from as bugged as other encounters, so obviously he was easier... right? I mean no one killed those encounters before they were fixed.

H:Rag, H:LK, Yogg0, Muru, H:LeiShen...

Mentions - Empress, 4Horsemen and Ascendant Council.

All on max player level of course. AC, LK and Rag were pretty joke on 10s compared to their 25man counter parts.

Zorlok before enrf
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    and when they released it not a single guild in the world could enter it, the comparison still makes no sense.
    Yes it does, the next raid patch was finished and released before the previous was cleared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post

wtf r u talking about?? killing kaelthas ( and vash) was a REQUIREMENT to even enter black temple, up until they removed the attunement many months later
    Kael still didn't die on live servers until after the 2.1 BT patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I would have expected more Lei Shen HM in this thread. Weren't there many people comparing him to Ragnaros HM?
    I have done neither of them pre-nerf so I can't really compare them, it's really a genuine question.
    Another one that hasn't been mentionned but may deserve to is pre-nerf Al'Akir 25HM.
    Most HM bosses are nerf before the first kill when they are stupidly tuned (Zor'lok HM comes to mind), but Al'Akir was actually killed by one guild before this deserved nerf.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'thun from Vanilla and Heroic Ragnaros from Cataclysm.

done every encounter in wow before any nerfs/fixes, tbh so far only rag 25 hc has come close to being really hard. mostly because the timers were extremely tight and you had to dodge couple oneshotable abilities.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mimiron HM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

1) Pre-Nerf C'thun (No one killed him)
    2) 0% Buff LK Heroic (No one killed him)
    3) 4 Horsemen Naxx 40 (Often argued to be harder than KT 40 was)
    4) Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Dark)
    5) Heroic Ragnaros
    6) Heroic Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have guessed Heroic Rag. A lot of people didn't get past that at level.

EDIT: Wait, hold on.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    done every encounter in wow before any nerfs/fixes, tbh so far only rag 25 hc has come close to being really hard. mostly because the timers were extremely tight and you had to dodge couple oneshotable abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    1) Pre-Nerf C'thun (No one killed him)
    2) 0% Buff LK Heroic (No one killed him)
    3) 4 Horsemen Naxx 40 (Often argued to be harder than KT 40 was)
    4) Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Dark)
    5) Heroic Ragnaros
    6) Heroic Garrosh
    You can't possibly both be right.

Al'ar pre-nerf.
    Soulstone everyone, bring at least 3 hunters for their snake traps and hope for the best.
    Do neither and fail every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    Sunwell - M'uru, <The guild slayer>.
    Haha have to agree. My guild at the time took a break at Muru as many wiped them tired of raiding there.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    done every encounter in wow before any nerfs/fixes
    No, you haven't. No one has, actually.
    Even considering a close statement "done every encounter in wow before any nerf/fix has been applied to them after the wf kill", I'm pretty sure there doesn't exist a single person in the world who could claim such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    EDIT: Wait, hold on.

You can't possibly both be right.
    Alenarien is correct on 1.

4. was also nerfed the evening before he got killed, although as I'm aware these nerfs weren't crucial for stars kill?

The other guy is BS'ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Hilarious that people mention M'uru. The hardest part was convincing other guilds Shamans to join your guild and go resto.
    Also of course all the bugged fights like Kael and C'thun. It is not difficult to do something that is impossible, it is simply impossible. If you cannot do it, then it's not a factor of difficulty. Remember, both of those bosses were killed rapidly after bugfixes.

I'm tthinking Ragnaros myself. Phase 3 with the insane DPS check and phase 4, I still don't feel like any boss has had such a big positioning emphasis as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Hilarious that people mention M'uru. The hardest part was convincing other guilds Shamans to join your guild and go resto.
    Also of course all the bugged fights like Kael and C'thun. It is not difficult to do something that is impossible, it is simply impossible. If you cannot do it, then it's not a factor of difficulty. Remember, both of those bosses were killed rapidly after bugfixes.

I'm tthinking Ragnaros myself. Phase 3 with the insane DPS check and phase 4, I still don't feel like any boss has had such a big positioning emphasis as that.
    Also mandatory guild profession reroll to LW, and all the other mandatory class stacking.

TBC was not comparable to WOTLK and beyond. Muru mechanically was fucking simple as fuck, his health/damage were just massively overtuned and required preparations mentioned above that most guilds couldn't achieve. Thus, he killed guilds because they literally would be unable to progress if they couldn't find the bandaids to fix this encounter. Here's the fight breakdown for people:

Muru stands in the center of a boring room shooting lasers for raid damage every second throughout the fight at random people
    Adds spawn
    Get Muru low enough, and he pops out as Entropius, who has a stacking damage increase. So, it's a generic burn phase.

Not very complicated. It's a generic 2 phase add fight.

That's how most Pre-WOTLK (really comparable raiding only came about during TOC, even) raids worked. Most of the effort involved are before the raid even started, and you just did the raid for the cinematic "omfg this is so cool" from killing all your favorite villains.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-01-29 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    For me personally i would say the 3 hardest encounter i've come across was:

1. M'uru, Oh my god after the first 3 days of whipes i still saw no sign of improvment it was for good reason called "The guildslayer", so much frustration and anger over that fight feelt impossible although after a week or so we started to make some improvment but my god it was nothing i had encountered before! The feeling when he finally went down is one of my brightest memories i have from this game. I very much doubt i ever will come close to that feeling again. There was no different difficulties bullshit we have today either your good enough (atleast improve over time) to kill the boss or you're not simple as that.

2. LK heroic for me probably the most "epic" fight so to speak being the the Lich king and all took a good month from reaching him until downing him but oh man the feelings when i look back at it, you just dont get that today, unfortunately.

3. Kae'l Thas i know i expected him to be hard but as you could fairly easy roll over the first Fel reaver and that other geomancer guy i didnt expect him to be that fucking stronk, The bird took some time to down but Kael'Thas probably one of the most diverse raid encounters to the day, flyin weapons legendary shields and shit that was sick.