10+ Year Old Account

Post Dead-End Street (RP Story)

Dead-end Street

A RP story by Randmo

Chapter 1

The sun beamed upon the grasses of Elwynn Forest, the early morning in Stormwind awoke many, getting to their jobs, and preparing for the long day ahead. As the citizens of Trade District prepare for their activities, they notice a Gyrochopper flying overhead. The black smoke lands upon them, causing anyone affected to cough.
    As the Gyrochopper lands, a Goblin leaps out, wearing a a blue leather tunic under a tabard, with the symbol of a envelope stitched on the front and back. Her hair as well was blue, done up in a small ponytail, just enough to still have some hair hanging in front. She unholstered a black crate, with green cylinder-like patterns on all sides, with a lid, and began to carry it to her destination. She was quickly stopped by a Stormwind Guard, who raised his sword to her necj, "Halt, Goblin! In the name of Stormwind, I order you to retreat back to your Horde!" The Goblin lowered the Crate, and put her hands up, "Alright, let's not get crazy. I ain't part of th' Horde. I'm jus' a delivery Goblin." The "Delivery" goblin explained. The Guard glared at her, then at the crate, "What's in the box? Who is it going to? Who sent it?" The guard asks, suspiciously. "Jus' some vials of potions goin' to some scientist or whatever. From a guy named "Andrew". He promised me it wasn't deadly or nothin'." The goblin replied. The guard lowered his weapons, "Alright. But believe me, one wrong step, and you're heading straight to the Stockades, you hear me?" The guard warned, "Jeez, what's wit' all th' hostility? Some humans..." She continued down the road, the Guard looking back at the goblin, still not convinced she was up to any good.

"'Ey, is anyone 'ere a... Ah, 'La Bendin' Korper'?" The Mailgoblin asked to the drunkards residing within the Blue Recluse. "Lebenden? Oh, he isn't around anymore." The bartender said. "Heard he went mad up in Northrend, had to be killed to not cause more problems." The Mailgoblin shook her head, "That don't make a lick of sense. I jus' got a package 2 days ago from this Andrew dude, an' he told me to give this Package t' Lebenden Korper." She said. "Well, you could always go to his old workshop. He may have meant to just leave it there, as a gift to the dead." The Barkeep offered. The Mailgoblin sighed, and walked headed towards the old workshop.

As she headed over to the Workshop, she heard some noises coming from behind some barrels, when she went to expect, she opened the lid and out leaped another goblin, wearing all red, with a red mouthcover and a black hat, crimson rimming. He held a crossbow to her face, "Freeze! I ain't dyin' in this craphole!" The Goblin shouted, possibly not noticing the one he was pointing his crossbow at. The Mailgoblin rolled her eyes, "Ugh, what's with it an' all the people tryin' tah kill me today?" "Oh... heh, sorry, didn't notice you." The goblin reholstered his crossbow behind him. "I'm Sproket. Sproket Junkblast." Sproket outstretched a hand. The Mailgoblin, still a bit shaken from the shocking reveal, reached out for Sproket's hand, "I'm Yluxa Fizzlewrench. Nice t' meetcha. Now, ah, mind tellin' me what'cha doin' out 'ere?" Sproket laughed, "I could ask ya th' same thin'. But, I suppose both are in need of answerin'."

Sproket began first, "I'm out 'ere on Recon f'r Bilgewater. If anyone asks, though, I'm with you. Anyone finds out, I'm dead." Yluxa laughs, "Yeah, I had a run-in wit' th' guards when I first arrived. Gave 'em some phony-balony story about how I'm some Mailgoblin. But I am actually tryin' tah deliver this package, to one Lebenden Korper." Yluxa explained. "Oh, hey, I think I saw that guy's place. C'mon, I'll show you. Follow me." In that moment, Sproket bolted off, with Yluxa yelling, "Hey! Wait f'r me!" and she chased after Sproket.
    When they reached the supposed house, it was at the end of a dead-end street, hidden behind a Winery. "This is th' place... apparently." Sproket proclaimed. "Well, let's jus' leave th' package an' be done." "Yeah, yeah, jus'... wonder what's in 'ere..." Yluxa said, curiously. "I mean, it's looks so abandoned *Gasp* What if there's PRECIOUS ITEMS OF WORTH INSIDE!" Yluxa squealed. Sproket sighed, "Yluxa, I know we Goblins are greedy an' stuff, but goin' in some abandoned house... is so not above me, let's go in."

As they enter, it seems to be a house with only two rooms, with only a wall and a single, worn out sheet dividing the two. In the first room, there were chairs, most cobwebbed and broken, same goes for the walls. There was only one single picture that was visible, and that was of a hooded man in white robes. "This must've been Lebenden... looks a bit malnourished." Sproket described, immediately putting the picture down afterwords. "'Ey, I smell somethin' funky comin' from th' other room..." She pulls the drapes and enters. "Uhh... Sproket? You might wanna see this..." Sproket immediately rushes in after Yluxa, and they both see it.

It was the decayed corpse of a Worgen, lying on a operating table. He had the aspects of an average undead, showing rib cage, elbow and knee bones, his arms crossed and eyes protected by a red blindfold. "Yeech... this is disgustin'. But it might go f'r a profit with undead..." Sproket said. "Yeah, but it's Worgen, so it might only go for 100 gold at th' most." Yluxa looks behind her and sees a book on a table, next to some old alchemy supplies, such as vials and herbs. She opened the book, and said, "Dude, this book is full of different potions and elixirs. This book could go for a fortune! Wait, what's this... 'Verfallen's Mixture'? This doesn't look like any potion I've evah seen..." Sproket became interested and joined Yluxa in reading the potion. "Verfallen's Mixture is a complex procedure to induce and is similar to that of the Undead revitalization process, but it shall work 100% for non-humans. However, they will not be revitalized with full free will. However, this is unnecessary to me and should be to the Dark Lady..." As Yluxa and Sproket read the book, the Worgen on the table's eyes glowed a deep yellow. He rose with his arms still crossed, unknown to the two Goblins. "...These undead shall be made only by these methods, and soon, once I gather enough "Subjects", the potion will be ready." At this point, the Worgen began to growl and dribble some spit. "Ahh... Sproket, please say that's ya stomach..." Yluxa said to Sproket. They both looked back, and screamed at the Worgen, who had already got off the Operating Table and stood in a offensive position.

The Worgen slowly crawled towards the duo on his hind legs, slobbering like a rabid wolf. Some guts could be seen hanging from the open lower-half of his ribcage. It was quite a sight, to say the least. "Whatevah you do, don't make any sudden movements..." Sproket warned a cowering Yluxa. Yluxa muttered hastily, "I-I-I didn't s-s-sign up f'r this... I've seen undead, but this is... eeeeeck!" Yluxa shrieked and ran for the exit, the Worgen noticing and following her swiftly. "Oh, f'r th' love of..." Sproket sighed, and ran after Yluxa.
    Yluxa ran towards the exit door from the hidden street, passing by many other abandoned homes. She could hear the Worgen snarling behind her, this only made her run faster. Yet in her path to freedom, there was a locked door. She slammed her fists on the door, "Help! Help, GUARDS!" Sproket finally caught up with Yluxa.
    "Huff... huff... next time tell me when ya gonna bolt like that! We could've been killed!"
    "Well, we weren't, were we?"
    "Can I help you with something?" A new voice interrupted. It was that of a Stormwind Guard, the same guard that stopped Yluxa on the way in to Stormwind. "Oh, Guard, good thing you're here! This worgen is trying to--" Yluxa was cut off by the dead Worgen that was chasing them, limp and lifeless. "I knew you were bad news, Goblin. I'm going to take you two to the Stockades, where you'll never harm another soul."

The Guard threw them in the Stockades, not after looting their valuables from them. He even took the Book that Yluxa was reading. The guard threw the book in a small box by her cell, and left another guard in charge of protecting the two Goblins. "We didn't kill him, I swear! We're innocent!" Yluxa yelled over and over. Sproket sighed, "It ain't gonna do nothin', lady. We're stuck in here 'till they either starve us or kill us." Yluxa sat down on the floor, "I can't die here. Not now..." Sproket got up and slapped Yluxa, "Pull yourself together! No matter what, we gotta stay resilient, even when faced wit' death. If we sit around mopin', our chances of survival are slashed. So just stay calm and think of a plan to get us out of here!!" Yluxa looked up at Sproket, wiping a tear from her eye, "Me? Why not you?" "Because, moron, you're the one who got us into this mess." Sproket rudely explained. Yluxa rolled her eyes, and noticed the book. "Hey... why do you think that Worgen... died?"
    "Natural causes?" Sproket responds.
    "No... no, I mean... he was alive, an' he was tryin' tah kill us... but why did he die just before the Guard found us?"
    "Dunno. Maybe he has a limited life span of.. 10 seconds?"
    "...I think I have a plan."

Chapter 2

Unknown to the Guards and anyone in the Stockades, a dark shadow was seeping in through the ground of the Stockades. It was creeping in towards the cell of Yluxa and Sproket.
    "Oh, I REALLY hope nobody reads that book while I'm in this cell, then I'd be DEVASTATED..." Yluxa called out, very sarcastically. The guard, noticing the sarcasm, shrugged it off. "I mean, it's got some pretty INTERESTING stuff that some people might want to see, especially GUARDS." Yluxa continued to call out. "Yluxa, I fail to see what this is going to accomplish." Sproket confessed. Yluxa winked, as if to say, "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."
    After a few more calls, the Guard finally gave in, and looked at the book. "Journal of Potions, Procedures and Pla.. Plaque? Whatever..." The guard read the book, skimmed through some pages until he finally reached the point where Yluxa was at. "What th.. 'Verfallen's Mixture'... ...As I make this, I am uncertain if this revitalization potion works, however it is a sheer impossibility to fail..." As the guard read, the darkness that seeped through the stockades manifested into a physical form. It was unclear what form this was, but it was a slight hunchback, possibly robed. The manifestation punched through the Guards head, and reached a hand through his chest, grabbing the book. He then seeped back into the cracks, never to be seen again. The guard shakes his head, "Ugh... what happened..." He had obviously lost all of the memories of reading the book.
    Yluxa and Sproket's jaws were both ajar in shock at what just happened.

"Okay. Recap. We snuck into a crazy shadow monster's laboratory, got attacked by his minion who almost immediately died, and got blamed for his death and are about to die for it." Yluxa said, still a bit shocked about what just transpired. "Yep, we're screwed." Sproket said, lying on the ground. "If we don't die from the guards, this "Lebenden Korper" will." Yluxa stared at Sproket, "How do you know it's Lebenden?" Sproket shrugs. "That's his book, ain't it? S'gotta be him." Yluxa nodded, understanding his logic.

<To be continued>
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2014-02-07 at 03:10 AM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?