Deleted

Warlock specs, builds and dps in 25 versus 10-man raids

Hey,

I have a couple of questions regarding the transition from 10 to 25-man raiding. As many guilds now do, our guild is planning to experiment with merging 3 10-man teams to try 25s before the inevitable shift towards larger groups in WoD.

We're currently playing 10-man, the progress of our group is 11/14hc with the other groups very close to that (10 and 9). We have two locks, I play mostly Aff and an associate of mine plays mostly Destro/Demo; we can expect to get 2-3 more locks (also Aff and Destro) in the final 25-man raid comp.

Tanking and healing are of course the most affected by this transition, followed by general tactical details such as positioning, number of mechanics etc. What about dps however? Anything in particular that I should check out and research (other than the obv. above points)?

The specific questions are as follows:

- do some of the fights differ in 25 vs 10-man regarding the 'optimal' spec?
    - are there any specific points where 25m tactics differ greatly from 10m for locks (necessitating a change in playstyle)?
    - any boss-specific tricks in 25-man that I should check out? I mean for Aff especially

Thanks for any suggestions or tips, esp. from locks who took the step from 10 to 25 recently.

Deleted
    There's no real changes regarding how you play between the two, there's just generally more adds to pad on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The specific questions are as follows:

- do some of the fights differ in 25 vs 10-man regarding the 'optimal' spec?
    - are there any specific points where 25m tactics differ greatly from 10m for locks (necessitating a change in playstyle)?
    - any boss-specific tricks in 25-man that I should check out? I mean for Aff especially
    1. Yes, many differ. Generally Affliction is much stronger in 25 men compared to 10men, where it's behind destro on almost every boss. There are several fights where you will recognize this. Main reason for this are different tacitcs.
    2. Generally tactics in 25men are: If something bad happens, don't avoid it, just pop a raid CD (or 2) and laugh. So you should have no trouble if you played 10men before. Of course this is a bit exaggerated, but you get the point.
    3. Can't help you on that one sadly.

Deleted
    Yes, many differ. Generally Affliction is much stronger in 25 men compared to 10men, where it's behind destro on almost every boss. There are several fights where you will recognize this. Main reason for this are different tacitcs.
    By which you mean, more opportunity to cleave/multidot?

Thanks for the answers, waiting for more ;]

The answers provided here are actually pretty accurate.

- Immerseus in particular becomes much easier on an individual basis, because you can almost completely forget about the stacking debuff.
    - On Protectors, you can be pretty sure you won't have to do any interrupting, and the same goes for almost any other fight that requires interrupts (except garrosh, of course).
    - On Siegecrafter, you'll be a much less likely candidate to get sent on belt duty, and focus much more on boss/mines.
    - Paragons is less of a game of lottery, as you'll have cds for almost every hardhitting unavoidable ability.

Basically, the transition from 10 to 25 is a huge QoL boost, and will allow you to use all 3 specs to a bigger extent than what you could in 10m.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    Generally tactics in 25men are: If something bad happens, don't avoid it, just pop a raid CD (or 2) and laugh. So you should have no trouble if you played 10men before. Of course this is a bit exaggerated, but you get the point.
    Note, this is not exaggerated, don't even move for unempowered h garrosh weapons when you get there, just blow more cds

Ignore the damage reflect from immer, it isn't even a thing on 25m.
    You can stack protectors and just cleave, but depends on your coordination.
    Norushen is about the same.
    Sha is about the same, although you don't need to be paranoid when you have the dot on you.
    Gala is pretty much the same as my 10 and 25 do it
    Jugg you never want to run away, just spread and keep dpsing during quake phase.
    Dark sham three tank, if you don't do that on 10 (mine does).
    Nazgrim, not really different.
    Malkorok - don't stack, in case you do in 10, although mine never did.
    spoils, don't do the crazy burn strat, but I haven't seen too many other 10s who do that :P
    thok, stack pallies
    siegecrafter, burn the missiles on the belts. Stack warlocks to aoe the mines. Stack the boss on the incoming mines.
    klaxxi - three tank is good, haven't done this on 10 though.
    garrosh - bring a monk to kite adds, haven't done this on 10 though.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-01-30 at 08:58 PM.