Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Single target damage needs to be higher, and Psychic Horror needs to not have an Orb cost, but other than those two things Shadow is pretty solid. The reason Silence has a 45 second cd is because it's a 5 second silence.

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post
    I play 2v2 with a resto drood and its usuly 2v1!

We start with scatter -> Trap -> pet sleep -> Silence -> Mighty bash -> cyclone x3 -> Root

Rotate this and its a win win
    You're also 1500. So not only does that obviously not work every time, but it doesn't even work every time against bad players. Good players will stop that, mainly the trap (stun you after scatter, or just walk over and eat it) and also stop the Druid from Cloning of even bashing depending on the situation.

You're comparing apples to oranges in the entire original topic, and on top of that it's safe to say you don't even really know what you're talking about.

CCs require a resource? Actually no, because SPriests have Fear as their CC, the 3sec stun/disarm is extra. Same way a Mage has Polymorph but Deep Freeze for more CC (which takes a FoF proc and has a 24sec CD). Spriests don't have mana issues outside of 2v2, because there's enough stuff to VT in 3s/5s/RBGs to keep your mana up. The silences are totally different, SPriest silence lasts longer, hence the longer duration. Everyone's damage does take setup, just some requires more setup than others, but they all require some. And comparing immunities just makes you look silly.

All in all, a pointless class balance thread from a 1500 player who clearly doesn't understand why certain classes work the way they do. Nothing new or exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Single target damage needs to be higher, and Psychic Horror needs to not have an Orb cost, but other than those two things Shadow is pretty solid. The reason Silence has a 45 second cd is because it's a 5 second silence.
    Mage has a 24 secs cd on a 4 seconds silence.....
    On the topic now, I PvP on my Priest as Holy. Tried Shadow but I really have a lot of survivability issues. If I am able to free cast I melt faces but if I get a Rogue on my ass silencing and cc'ing me with a caster nuking me, well, things are very bad for me. As Holy I can survive till my partners come to take the pressure off me, but as Shadow..... meh!
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2014-01-31 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They'd also have a very smooth and relaxed rotation.
    Is that a nice way of saying boring?

im 2000 on my hunter and i have seen maybe like 1 shadow priest the last 2 weeks in 3v3 and me and my rogue blew him up like nothing.
    http://youtu.be/tRGDcwOxBzY?t=1m2s

He knows the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The reason Silence has a 45 second cd is because it's a 5 second silence.
    Fair enough. It sucks when even things you're supposed to interrupt in PvE ignore Silence (the spell) - including the supposed 3sec interrupt vs non-player targets. For example, the first boss in Mogu'shan Palace, and the second trash pack (and yes, I know the Bubble Shield needs to be down) in SoO.

Can we get a "generates a Shadow Orb when used on a target permanently immune to Silence" clause?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Shadow is not in a good place right now. Hopefully in wod they will get buffed a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romney View Post
    That is NOT your main.

1- You have the Brutally Dedicated achievement but only 144 matches won on that toon.
    2- You have the 2200 achievement in 2v2, but the highest rating your hunter has reached is 1610.
    3- You have 1750 High-5 but have never played a single 5s match on that toon.
    4- You have zero PvE progress on that toon, yet have all the Complete the SoO achievements.

Not trying to slam you, but as Dierdre said, you really are preaching to the choir here; so why the need for any deception?

Ever heard of different toons?
    Those achivements are very old man, they are from WotlK i think? might be Cata.

But i can tell you that that hunter is my main and all i do i going around Roleplaying withh my friends and some Arena (Play arena on 3 different characters WW Monk/Hunter/Resto Shaman)

But this is not what i would like to discuss, Id rather talk about the Shadow Spec of the Priest class.
    I just feel like it lacks so much surv and utility, The off-heals suck ass 30k in pvp battle is nothing when classes can critt 100k+
    Needs ALOT of peels from a very competent team.

It just need to much help from the team to do avrage, this is just how I see it.

Deleted
    They don't need to buff shadow, they need to nerf all the rest. Hopefully WoD will bring those nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You're also 1500. So not only does that obviously not work every time, but it doesn't even work every time against bad players. Good players will stop that, mainly the trap (stun you after scatter, or just walk over and eat it) and also stop the Druid from Cloning of even bashing depending on the situation.

You're comparing apples to oranges in the entire original topic, and on top of that it's safe to say you don't even really know what you're talking about.

CCs require a resource? Actually no, because SPriests have Fear as their CC, the 3sec stun/disarm is extra. Same way a Mage has Polymorph but Deep Freeze for more CC (which takes a FoF proc and has a 24sec CD). Spriests don't have mana issues outside of 2v2, because there's enough stuff to VT in 3s/5s/RBGs to keep your mana up. The silences are totally different, SPriest silence lasts longer, hence the longer duration. Everyone's damage does take setup, just some requires more setup than others, but they all require some. And comparing immunities just makes you look silly.

All in all, a pointless class balance thread from a 1500 player who clearly doesn't understand why certain classes work the way they do. Nothing new or exciting.
    Like 90% of the classes in wow currently has no ramp up time, the dot classes are pretty much the only ones that need to build up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests have been nerfed every patch of this expansion.

They actually hotfix nerfed us a few times while were weren't even OP.

Hunters and Warriors OP for well over 70% of the expansion,

only hotfix is a BUFF to Hunter damage.

I was planning on the next season being decent and saving the game for me so I'd want to play WoD.
    But now I think I might just bid farewell to WoW and move on to something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Like 90% of the classes in wow currently has no ramp up time, the dot classes are pretty much the only ones that need to build up.
    Affli doesn't.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having flashbacks. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Shadow was nerfed because of the ISB nerf for Warlocks. And Warlock fear nerf was an indirect nerf to Psychic Scream. Conversely, if memory serves, Shadow-weaving removal was an indirect nerf to Warlocks, too. Circle nerfs, brings back the, "why nerf my class into oblivion because of another class is OP". Ugh Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so shadow is still shit, nothing new.....?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    OK, so shadow is still shit, nothing new.....?
    Shadow is NOT shit! They just have alot of problems.

And they dont excell in any specific area, so the imo biggest issue with the priest is that it can be replaced by basicly any other class and it would fill
    the role better.

Again they aint shit, but they aint in a very good spot.
    Sure if you get tremendus amount of peels and/or other team give you the freedom to do whatever you like your dmg will be insane. (but tell me any class that would not do the same dmg)

To much effort to even be close to do what others can do.

Remember i play i Hunter so this is only what i have heard talking to some friends that have Priests.
    Also didnt Talbadar reroll Shaman? (dont know why, but id guess because shadow have been so nerfed lately)

And they dont excell in any specific area, so the imo biggest issue with the priest is that it can be replaced by basicly any other class and it would fill
    the role better.
    So you're telling me they're shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    lol ;P

Nope in the hands of a very skilled player i think someone could make them work, but for an avrage player as myself I would SEE/FEEL like the class is shit

Deleted
    MAGE!
    - Alter Time cannot be used in Arena or Rated Battlegrounds
    - No Heals (except Evocation) = Stay same
    - Remove IceLance nerfed by 50-70%, Would rely on Icecicles and deepfreeze to do dmg
    - DeepFreeze no longer stuns, now roots.
    - Polymorph require and consume brainfreeze.
    - Frostbolt now cost 100% more mana.
    - Each time Mage Bombs deals damage the caster gains (2% Living bomb / 1% Neather tempest / 6% Frost bomb) of Maximum mana.
    - Counterspell now have a 45sec cooldown 30sec if used on casting targets
    - Coldsnap Removed
    You forgot to reduce Ice Barrier CD by 40%, increase power by 20% and give them Flash Heal, fear and add 5% damage when popping CDs.

And increase Nether Tempest/Living Bomb dmg by 200%, but giving them a cast time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    You forgot to reduce Ice Barrier CD by 40%, increase power by 20% and give them Flash Heal, fear and add 5% damage when popping CDs.

And increase Nether Tempest/Living Bomb dmg by 200%, but giving them a cast time.
    If so then:

Ice Barrier CD reduce 40% and power increase 20% and doubble mana cost!
    Do you compare Evo heal to Flash heal. If so Evo heal glyph now heal for 50% hp and drains all your mana.

Living bomb do more dmg then any of the dots a spriest have (exception Devouring Plague, wich is all the priests burst and is often sacrificed for disarm/stun), but sure now have 1.5 sec cast!
    Last edited by mmoc65bb72707a; 2014-02-06 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    If so then:

Ice Barrier CD reduce 40% and power increase 20% and doubble mana cost!
    Do you compare Evo heal to Flash heal. If so Evo heal glyph now heal for 50% hp and drains all your mana.

Living bomb do more dmg then any of the dots a spriest have (exception Devouring Plague, wich is all the priests burst and is often sacrificed for disarm/stun), but sure now have 1.5 sec cast!
    Looking at the Shadow Priest my raid group, his 2 DoTs do 50% more damage than my Living Bomb. Each. Put together, that's 200% more damage. (150+150=300=>300-100=200%)

That's excluding Shadowy apparition by the way. (Which did about 50% alone of my Living Bomb on most encounters)

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Barely average ≠ shit

5.4 balance among dps specs, with the exception of warlocks, is actually great; the best we've had at any point during the expansion. Shadow is subpar when compared to any other dps spec, but that doesn't mean it's "shit". Outside of H Malkorok and Thok, shadow is within 10% of average on any fight, so while it's not the best spec by far, and even if it's a rather poor choice for 10-man, it is still viable as opposed to e.g. pre-5.4 marksmanship hunters.

May mythic restore the balance and grant us our raid spots.

For PvP, the shadowform nerf was misguided and unwarranted, so much that in the end they somewhat acknowledged it they tried to "fix" it by giving us useless armor at the end of the season. Couple that with the absurd OPness of warriors and shadow pretty much got screwed over the whole season. Even with the incoming armor increase and warrior nerfs I don't see shadow being in a good spot for the next season either.

So shadow in MoP can pretty much be summed up as "Not shit. Not good, not even average, but not shit."