Normal raid lockouts in Pandaria?

How does normal mode lockouts work in MoP? Specifically, I'm looking at making Elegon kill groups for our guild. If we go in 10, can we clear it 4/6, exit, reset, and rearrange into two 5-man groups (with possibly 1 person joining each group to make 2-2-2 lineup) that each got their own raid? Also, is it possible to have character/alt at 4/6 that just extends lockouts each week to have MSV ready for rekill to not bothering with previous bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can verify that you'd have no problem doing that - I've done similar things with lockouts previously, even splitting and then recombining a few bosses further down the line.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Okay, question -- If I go in with an openraid pug and clear the first 4 bosses of Heart of Fear, then I leave group and that pug goes on to finish the raid (defeating the last 2 bosses),
    ..When I then form a *new* raid with guildies for example, and then enter Heart of Fear, will the instance be cleared? Or will only 4/6 be cleared, since that's the number of bosses I killed? That is, will I have created a new raid ID matching my toon's lockout (4/6 bosses defeated)?

The reason I ask is that my guild needs the last 2 bosses for an achievement, but not the first 4, so I thought I'd try and save us some time by clearing them in a pug earlier in the week.

Please only answer if you're sure of the answer :-) Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derryl View Post
    Okay, question -- If I go in with an openraid pug and clear the first 4 bosses of Heart of Fear, then I leave group and that pug goes on to finish the raid (defeating the last 2 bosses),
    ..When I then form a *new* raid with guildies for example, and then enter Heart of Fear, will the instance be cleared? Or will only 4/6 be cleared, since that's the number of bosses I killed? That is, will I have created a new raid ID matching my toon's lockout (4/6 bosses defeated)?

The reason I ask is that my guild needs the last 2 bosses for an achievement, but not the first 4, so I thought I'd try and save us some time by clearing them in a pug earlier in the week.

Please only answer if you're sure of the answer :-) Thanks!
    When you'll enter the instance will be at 4/6 as long as heroic mode wasn't involved.

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    How does normal mode lockouts work in MoP? Specifically, I'm looking at making Elegon kill groups for our guild. If we go in 10, can we clear it 4/6, exit, reset, and rearrange into two 5-man groups (with possibly 1 person joining each group to make 2-2-2 lineup) that each got their own raid? Also, is it possible to have character/alt at 4/6 that just extends lockouts each week to have MSV ready for rekill to not bothering with previous bosses?
    Yes to everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.