Deleted

High Priestess Mar'li

High Priestess Mar'li = New Troll female model?

wowhead.com/npc=69132#modelviewer:10+0 (copy and paste, sorry that I can't post links yet)

Deleted
    I don't think so, the actual female troll model will have a much better animated face.

Nope. Texture quality may be similar, but that's just a re-skin of the old model.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lest I'm mistaken, the 5.2 trolls were all built off of Night Elf skeletons.

Honestly, face facts, the models weren't done in 5.0/5.2. The three revealed at Blizzcon probably weren't done until 5.4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Lest I'm mistaken, the 5.2 trolls were all built off of Night Elf skeletons.

Honestly, face facts, the models weren't done in 5.0/5.2. The three revealed at Blizzcon probably weren't done until 5.4.
    Nope, Mar'li uses the Troll female skeleton but the male Zandalari use Night Elf Skeletons. Though the Vol'jin and Mar'li models are probably a good indication of the silhouettes of the new models, even if the new models will have infinitely more detailed facial animations.

You just lost The Game

Somewhere in the really long and interesting thread about new character models, someone showed how the 5.2 trolls had nowhere near the level of bones as these new models have.

Deleted
    They used garrosh's new model to create the orcs, i hope SO MUCH that they base the new troll one of Vol'jin's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elondre View Post
    They used garrosh's new model to create the orcs, i hope SO MUCH that they base the new troll one of Vol'jin's.
    iirc Garrosh is a completely new model, which is why theyre using it for orc remodels.

like shoc said, the two he posted are just the original models with better textures splattered over them, but they might give us a good idea on what to look forward to
    whatever man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Nope, Mar'li uses the Troll female skeleton but the male Zandalari use Night Elf Skeletons. Though the Vol'jin and Mar'li models are probably a good indication of the silhouettes of the new models, even if the new models will have infinitely more detailed facial animations.
    If the new trolls are supposed to be an updated troll, then wouldn't the regular troll model be a better indication of their silhouette?

In the end they're all trolls, and they all look like trolls, so the updated trolls will look like updated trolls. The same goes for every other race. I don't understand why that surprises people so much.

OT: No. She uses a regular troll skeleton, and despite having more polys and better skin, she wasn't made to be an updated troll. Her model was just made to be a unique boss model. The new models are made from new skeletons, so her model doesn't really have anything to do with it.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2014-02-01 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Garrosh model is new but it uses the same skelton/animations as the traditionals orcs, this is why they made all orcs like him.
    And i don't understand that you say the new troll REmodel won't be based of vol'jin's one, its very good and smooth, and as a boss model it is very detailed.

PS: FOr the skeletons things, just look at the differences between old and new models (gnomes, dwarfs, orcs) they are only in terms of size and details, the animations are the same but updated, smoother, cooler.

Vol'jin uses the original skeleton/rig. These are just an idea of the textures on the model, nothing more. A blue even said the player models will make these new MOP variations look outdated.

This issue is one that comes up here constantly.

Those are what our models would have looked like if they didn't decide to give us Pandaren quality updates, basically. They will make those look outdated in so many respects beyond the most superficial grasp of the details here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elondre View Post
    Garrosh model is new but it uses the same skelton/animations as the traditionals orcs, this is why they made all orcs like him.
    And i don't understand that you say the new troll REmodel won't be based of vol'jin's one, its very good and smooth, and as a boss model it is very detailed.

PS: FOr the skeletons things, just look at the differences between old and new models (gnomes, dwarfs, orcs) they are only in terms of size and details, the animations are the same but updated, smoother, cooler.
    They remade them from scratch but on purpose made them look the same silhouette wise. Every single animation will be new.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW