Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A bit beefed up and bold Eisenberg doing violent things ? Color me interested.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Wow. I gave Ben the benefit of the doubt, but Jesse as Lex....? No..just..no. He looks nothing like him. I don't even want to see this anymore. I probably will just to see it..but I'm definitely not excited about it.

On the bright side...Jeremy as alred looks like a pretty awesome choice. Only positive thing I can say about the movie at this point.
    He doesn't look like a comic? What kind of stupid logic is that. All you have to be as Lex is arrogant, rich, self centered and optionally bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    He doesn't look like a comic? What kind of stupid logic is that. All you have to be as Lex is arrogant, rich, self centered and optionally bald.
    So by your logic, we could just cast just about any modern day CEO as Lex and be golden?

Lex looks like a man of stature and respect which is what makes it so cool that he's actually a bad guy, not to mention he has a somewhat heavy built. This kid on the other hand looks like any ordinary college dork. At least Affleck is going to be behind a mask for the most part (so I presume anyways), this is just really out there in terms of casting. No hating on Jesse, he just doesn't seem like Lex at all.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2014-02-05 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Lex looks like a man of stature and respect which is what makes it so cool that he's actually a bad guy, not to mention he has a somewhat heavy built. This kid on the other hand looks like any ordinary college dork. At least Affleck is going to be behind a mask for the most part (so I presume anyways), this is just really out there in terms of casting. No hating on Jesse, he just doesn't seem like Lex at all.
    Yeah, but this is all on Eisenberg. Everyone can bulk up. And without those curly hair he does not look so geeky. He just has to wipe that smirk of his face.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    ARRRRGHHHHHH.

OFGJ%EGOPIJE£GHPI9EG£¨PIOEH

I'm just going to go and cry in a corner.
    Why DC, WHY ?

Here is a short article about the reasoning behind casting Eisenberg as Luther: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-batman-676891

From the article:
    ...will be more in line with several recent graphic-novel and TV incarnations, in which he is a childhood friend of the young Man of Steel. With 30-year-old Henry Cavill returning as Superman in the May 2016 release, the actors' ages align.
    I don't know, it might work. I will reserve judgement until I see if he can pull it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Lex Luthor casting choice is terrible. That Jesse Eisenburg looks nothing like Lex and doesn't even have the body of Lex. Lex was always sort of muscular (at least in the animated movies he was) and had an intimidating look. Jesse has none of this. This makes Ben Affleck as Batman seem like an awesome idea compared to Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor. I really need to see a trailer because I am getting more and more worried for this movie.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Is this the thread where we get upset about a movie that's not even released yet?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The thing to keep in mind is that the character Jesse Eisenberg will be portraying isn't known for his physical prowess, even if he may look like a tough guy sometimes, his real strengths are that he is super rich and is one of the smartest humans on earth. I think with that in mind, I can see Eisenberg playing a super smart, rich, arrogant bad guy pretty well. I'm more bothered that they cast a skinny weak looking actress as Wonder Woman than someone who better fit the physical nature of that character. I would've liked to see Jaimie Alexander in that roll personally - looks much more like Wonder Woman, and in fact has played a female warrior role before as Sif.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Is this the thread where we get upset about a movie that's not even released yet?
    Yes, yes it is. Judge after the movie is released. Sheesh.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That guy's voice is very weak. It does not seem like the commanding, effective voice. He does not fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its simply , its not that Ben , Jesse etc etc can do these parts ... its just Bale,Cane,Freeman left just too big shoes to fill in ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    That guy's voice is very weak. It does not seem like the commanding, effective voice. He does not fit.
    Umm if you noticed a lot of actors sound different on the screen then when they are acting themselves. Bale is no exception to this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Something tells me this will end up like Spider Man 3 bad because of all the characters they're tossing in with no movie background.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes, yes it is. Judge after the movie is released. Sheesh.
    Everyone likes to fill their diapers because they think their precious is going to be ruined. I will always go back to the huge pants shitting when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker...and guess what, he fuckin nailed it...so hard.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone they've picked for the roles (apart from Henry Cavil <3) definitely wouldn't have been my first choice. But honestly, I always give actors a chance to do the role justice.

I wasn't always this way, too. Heath Ledger as the Joker in Dark Knight is the reason why I don't judge an actor taking on a big role before I've seen them in action. I'm not afraid to admit I cringed when I first heard about that particular one.

Eisenberg isn't in my good books really, but I'd be more than happy to give him a chance to sell Lex Luthor to me. Same with the girl playing Wonder Woman and Ben Affleck for Batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Umm if you noticed a lot of actors sound different on the screen then when they are acting themselves. Bale is no exception to this.
    Please oh please tell me you're not talking about Bale's cigarette voice he does when he's Batman. Cause that shit was horrible.

I don't really think any kind of acting can help making your voice sound more commanding and powerful.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2014-02-08 at 11:45 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Please oh please tell me you're not talking about Bale's cigarette voice he does when he's Batman. Cause that shit was horrible.

I don't really think any kind of acting can help making your voice sound more commanding and powerful.
    Tbh it fit perfectly in the 'realism' universe of Nolan. The Kevin Conroy voice that barely changes would have been quite obvious. But hey, I love Bane's voice too, which everyone laughed at so.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Tbh it fit perfectly in the 'realism' universe of Nolan.
    Other than the fact that he still uses it when talking to people who ALREADY KNOW HE'S BATMAN?