Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    Faction Leaders
    Greymane is completely broken, he's a superpowered swipe 5 to target/4 to rest that also gives you a very solid minion for just 6 mana. Even for 8-9 mana he would be too good honestly.

Tyrande I'm not too sure on, it's a circle of healing+mass dispel in one with a good body, however it's somewhat situational that you'll need the silence and the heal at the same time.

Gallywix is too strong, and at the same time pretty clunky, if you made him an 8 cost that gave 2 cards with the same mana he'd be pretty decent, essentially 1/1 higher stats than an ancient of lore(a very good card) for 1 higher mana.

If i read it right, do you get a 3/11 magni after the first one dies, or a 3/5? If the first, that's way too good, when you compare him to cairne, not to mention a 3/11 taunt is ridiculous.

Voljin is most likely too strong as well, although I'm not completely sure. Destroy a minion is a very powerful effect though. Perhaps if you added a limit like a 4 attack or less minion.

Lor'themar's tooltip makes no sense, do you get more than 1? it said rangers, but it isn't stated how many you get. If it's just 1, it might be alright, anything more would be overpowered though.

Aysa seems alright, essentially a stronger earthen ring farseer. Maybe a 5/6 body would be better though.

Yi is a bit too powerful i'd say, 3 damage would be more balanced(for 3 mana+combo you get 2 damage with a 3/3, and that's considered a must have card for rogues)

Hotfix 1: Fixed Lore'themars Tooltip error

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post

Hotfix 1: Fixed Lore'themars Tooltip error
    Aye, seems fine now. I'd maybe lower the health of defenders, since 4 means the enemy will have to waste a Flamestrike/two creatures each to get them out quickly.
    Also, I suggest using this: http://www.hearthcards.net/
    You can use bold words, and center the image as you like.

Because we all know Death Knights will be a class eventually

Hero Power: Might of the Scourge. Give a random friendly minion: Deathrattle: Summon a 3/3 Skeleton with Charge.

Last edited by muto; 2014-09-25 at 01:47 AM.

Paladin secret: When a minion is attacked, give it Divine Shield. Or when the hero is attacked, give them Divine Shield to negate the attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Paladin secret: When a minion is attacked, give it Divine Shield. Or when the hero is attacked, give them Divine Shield to negate the attack?

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin secrets cost 1. If they don't, your opponent will know what it is.

Kargath: I assume it's only him killing minions that count? If not, it's a little OP (Put him down, then trade your entire board into theirs, and say hello to a really big minion)

Durotan seems fine.

That Divine Shield secret, as mentioned, has to be 1 mana since all other Paladin secrets are 1 mana. Probably too overpowered considering Noble Sacrifice only deals 2 damage to the attacker before promptly dying unless SoJ/Stormwind Champion buffs give it enough health to live.

Kargath seems pretty meh, compare him to gruul who will grow regardless of what happens and starts with better stats, and he doesn't see any play. Seeing as it's only on him killing targets, i don't think making it at least 2/2 would be bad.

Durotan might be just slightly too good, When compared to cenarius he costs 1 less, has 1 less stat but summons 3/3 instead of 2/2. I guess you could argue that since Cenarius has a choice that does make him slightly stronger, but i think wolves at 2/3 would be better.

Last edited by Candy Cough; 2014-09-25 at 12:57 PM.

Frenzied moonkin should probably be a 5/4 or a 4/5 instead, otherwise it's fine.

Sapling is fine, it's essentially a harvest golem with 1 less health initially but then 1 more afterwards.

Greymane is still a bit too good, why did you reduce him from a 6 to a 5? At 6 he'd be alright, although still very powerful, at 5 he's broken.

Gallywix is completely overpowered, he's a sprint that gives you 1 extra card and a yeti on the board.

And as others mentioned, secrets for paladin are supposed to cost 1, i honestly think giving a divine shield and just putting it at 1 was fine. Some might argue that it makes it better than the 2/1 spawning secret, however that one does have other uses, such as being buffed by sword of justice, triggering avenge and other death related cards.

Also i assume it's a mistake that you made all of them legendary? I assume the moonkin, sapling and secret aren't supposed to be at least.

Ignore the art, Couldn't find art of a pale orc.
    Hotfix 2: Attack damage is increased to 5, to make it comparable to deathwing.

Last edited by Candy Cough; 2014-09-25 at 06:59 PM.

It is over, your search is done. Let fate choose now, the righteous one.

Soldiers arise, stand and fight! Bring victory at last to this fallen knight!

Head of the Horseman says: Get over here, you idiot!

Last edited by Kellorion; 2014-09-25 at 07:02 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Taunka trapper is pretty fine, although it's a bit weird for it to be a battlecry.

Therazane is quite underpowered.

Screaming orc is interesting, i wonder exactly how it would work though. For example a cruel taskmaster, if it killed the target with the first hit, i guess the second just wouldn't go off?

Neptulon should be 8 cost, otherwise it's fine.

Shattered hand seems fine, it's a strong buff however it's pretty niche so won't happen often unless you build a deck around it.

Mak'rogal is pretty ridiculous, you compare him to Deathwing, however Deathwing discards all your cards.

Defender of karabor is very weak.

Vindicator maraad seems decent, although more as a solid body with divine shield than for the effect, which is pretty insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Taunka trapper is pretty fine, although it's a bit weird for it to be a battlecry.

Screaming orc is interesting, i wonder exactly how it would work though. For example a cruel taskmaster, if it killed the target with the first hit, i guess the second just wouldn't go off?

Shattered hand seems fine, it's a strong buff however it's pretty niche so won't happen often unless you build a deck around it.

Mak'rogal is pretty ridiculous, you compare him to Deathwing, however Deathwing discards all your cards.

Vindicator maraad seems decent, although more as a solid body with divine shield than for the effect, which is pretty insignificant.
    Thanks for feedback! Keep going! I will look back on all feedback, balance all cards up, and post them all. Will include maybe 90 cards +

- - - Updated - - -

- Stalker seems fine, its a Stranglethorn Tiger with 1 less health but deals 1 more damage when summoned

- Helpful Shaman should be a shaman classcard, there's no point for her in other decks because they can't get overloaded. Seems balanced.

- We already have a Grommash, and this one seems like a way better and cheaper King Krush. Maybe drop his charge or battlecry and he'd be okay

- Thunder Bolt = Smite/Arcane Shot + Arcane Intellect into one card, guess its okay.

- Seems like a good board clear and buff into one card.

- So its a much stronger Al'Akir with taunt replaced for +2 enrage? Way to strong

- 3 cards seems a bit overkill, considering he has decent stats compared to Nat Pagle. 2 cards would be better balanced.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2014-09-25 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    - Stalker seems fine, its a Stranglethorn Tiger with 1 less health but deals 1 more damage when summoned

- Helpful Shaman should be a shaman classcard, there's no point for her in other decks because they can't get overloaded. Seems balanced.

- We already have a Grommash, and this one seems like a way better and cheaper King Krush. Maybe drop his charge or battlecry and he'd be okay

- Thunder Bolt = Smite/Arcane Shot + Arcane Intellect into one card, guess its okay.

- Seems like a good board clear and buff into one card.

- So its a much stronger Al'Akir with taunt replaced for +2 enrage? Way to strong

- 3 cards seems a bit overkill, considering he has decent stats comapred to Nat Pagle. 2 cards would be better balanced.
    Noted, Will change tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post

Adding onto some of this with explanations:

Taunka Trapper's effect should be continuous like Pint-Sized Summoner's is, not a Battlecry. http://www.hearthhead.com/card=37/pint-sized-summoner is the PSS's information. There's also the warlock's Summoning Portal. http://www.hearthhead.com/card=969/summoning-portal

Therazane is extremely susceptible to Stampeding Kodo. (http://www.hearthhead.com/card=1371/stampeding-kodo) Make her a 3/10 or something to get out of that range and she'd be worthwhile.

Screaming Orc could be interesting in theory, but battlecries tend to have weird and strong enough effects that they shouldn't be given double. I'd instead recommend lowering the cost of Battlecry cards perhaps? Considering Nerub'ar Weblord http://www.hearthhead.com/card=1800/nerubar-weblord raises the cost, having something that reduces the cost would be nice.

Neptulon's battlecry is a double-edged sword, but that doesn't mean his cost should be lowered. Even if the drawback is he freezes himself (which he would seem to since the text says "Freeze all minions.") he's still got that 8/8 body which definitely requires it to cost at least 8 mana.

The Shattered Hand guy is alright, but I wonder if he ought to gain +X/+X when an enrage card is played instead. The trigger on synergy cards needs to have something specific enough to build a deck around, but also needs to not be too difficult to pull off. I could see it still working as-is.

Mak'rogai is far too powerful even if you made him a Legendary (which you ought to have done if you're comparing him to Deathwing). Immunity to spells on its own is quite strong, especially for something so big. The fact that it basically has 8 attack against minions and 12 attack against players means it's an insurmountable obstacle and significantly imbalanced. Adding a drawback to it that might "balance" things would mean a drawback so crippling that it couldn't get used.

Defender of Karabor, like all other stronger attack than health taunts, is far too likely to be traded down. At 3 health it can be taken down by quite a lot of 2 mana drops and even a couple 1 drops (although it's a very strange Shaman that runs Dust Devil, but Flame Imp is extremely common). 3 health also means it's going to die to a 1 attack minion buffed by +2 through Darkiron Dwarf for example. When it comes to taunts, having a bite is only worthwhile if they can as much or more of a bite as well, and they do need to have a bite otherwise it's a case of Sen'jin Shieldmasta vs Mogu'shan Warden.

As mentioned, Maraad's base is good and perhaps over budget if we compare it to Silvermoon Guardian which is 4 mana 3/3 with DS and Maraad is 7 Mana 6/7 with DS. The effect is barely going to be there and will likely only do 3 at most if it includes Maraad's own DS. To give an idea of where Blizzard thinks the balancing on minions with DS goes, the Blood Knight is a 3/3 but goes up +3/+3 for every DS lost. It's a double-edged sword since it takes away friendly and enemy DS, but +3/+3 is still a huge gain for each DS. An issue is boosting the healing to 2 per DS means it's treading into Guardian of Kings' territory (which does need a buff to be a 5/7 I think) so it's possible the design itself needs a revamp.

As far as the new cards go:

Stalker: 1 damage takes a potential 3 points off a higher-cost minion's stats. Compare to Ironforge Rifleman http://www.hearthhead.com/card=339/ironforge-rifleman which ought to have 3/4 if it's pure vanilla. Admittedly the Rifleman is seen as weaker and wouldn't be imbalanced if it was a 2/3 I think, so let's go with 2 points off. Stealth costs 1 point as the Stranglethorn Tiger http://www.hearthhead.com/card=68/stranglethorn-tiger shows. So I'd say make the Stalker 4/4 stealth with the 1 damage battlecry and you'd be good to go.

Helpful Shaman is difficult to gauge, but I do agree a means of lowering the Overload would be nice. The ability is powerful enough it might need to be a 3/3?

Grommash already exists in Hearthstone, even if this version is the alternate timeline of WoD. 5 damage to a minion, even if it's random, is very significant and would cost quite a few stats if it was even playable. 9 damage for 8 mana is too much. The only two cards that have charge and damage higher than their cost are Arcane Golem and Leeroy, and both of those have significant drawbacks while your card might have a drawback by killing something on your side of the field (and if you don't reword it, it will kill itself when played on an empty board) but even if you made the wording on it doing that damage to another minion it'd still be far too much. What kind of ideas did you want to combine into a card? If you had a card that did 5 damage split randomly among enemy characters then that would be quite interesting and feasible.

Thunderbolt would make the precedent for a Legendary spell, and considering none exist I don't think Blizzard wants that to happen. The card itself is a bit odd because paladins have a 4 mana deal 3 damage draw 1, and the card draw is going to be seen as more costly so making it 2 damage 2 draw might be, well, 2 much. But it could work. As far as the name goes, if it's a Warrior card I'd recommend calling it Storm Bolt. Thunderclap wouldn't work unless you changed it to be a cleave kind of mechanic.

Last One Standing is way too powerful. Compare to a warlock's Twisting Nether http://www.hearthhead.com/card=859/twisting-nether and... Yeah, it's huge. For one less mana the paladin gets to keep a minion, give it +5/+5, and give it DS? Not happening. I'd recommend building off of Brawl http://www.hearthhead.com/card=75/brawl instead, but in all honesty having a random minion be the lone survivor and gain a buff or something could be seen as poor design even if the buff is maybe a +2/+2 or a DS.

Champion of Karabor is far too powerful. Charge, Windfury, and an Enrage that grants extra attack? While the first hit won't trigger the enrage due to the DS, the stat combination is far too powerful all told. Only Al'Akir has both Charge and Windfury, and he has to have his stats cut in half from the 8/8 base he ought to be to compensate for all the stuff he has. Since the Champion and Al'Akir both have 4 effects on them, I could see your Champion becoming a 3/5 and be thought balanced, maybe.

Gallywix: Yup, like McNeil said 2 cards would work but 3 is too much. Otherwise he seems balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

EDIT: Could be made into a Priest card, they seem to love using other peoples cards... I liked the idea of giving their combo potential to everyone though
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-09-26 at 03:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    As in, they'll only give you class cards? No neutrals?

That could be hilarious.