[DESTRO] why mrorbot tells me to reforge in haste???

Hi there, im back on wow for almost 2 week now
    been upgrading ma gear daily and so ive been using mrrobot daily. But yesterday i got new bracers and for the first time Mrrobot ask me to reforge some crit in haste and im wondering why...
    I havent change the stat weight exept for the Hit cap @ 15%
    mastery: 4.6
    crit: 4.5
    haste: 4.2
    and i did not set a Haste Breakpoint.
    heres the picture, thx
    Last edited by Mainoff; 2014-02-01 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't trust AMR with anything, but Haste is usually an AoE stat for Destruction.

With that being said, I would just go Mastery > Crit > Haste on a ReforgeLite, you shouldn't even worry about a Haste breakpoint since the first one is very easy to obtain and the second one you should get passively with high-end gear in SoO.

Deleted
    Haste vs Crit for Destruction doesn't matter, at all. Swap them round by 5k stats and you'll gain more from a a better timed trinket proc than anything your reforge got you.

Pick what you prefer, most usually tailored towards whatever offspec you like to also play.

I think AMR wants you to go haste over crit if you have a bindings

Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    I think AMR wants you to go haste over crit if you have a bindings
    Thats what I assumed as well. Not sure if its true or not.

Could you provide a link to your AMR page? or just character name & realm?
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

2/2 upgraded 553 ilvl bindings increase your haste rating by 8%, but have no effect on your crit rating.

Therefore 100 crit would have a stat weight of 450 (100 times 4.5)

While 100 haste would turn into 108 haste, which has a stat weight of 453.6 (108 times 4.2)

Ergo when reforging any equal amount, you get marginally more value out of haste (with those weights).

So yes, it's your Bindings.

AMR is nothing but a calculator. Give it stat weights, it'll give you the optimal balance for them. It used to have to approximate, but nowadays it's virtually always guaranteed optimal (and tells you if it's not).

People who hate on it are actually just hating on the stat weights being used, or else have some weird hangup against calculators. TBH generally speaking they just don't understand what AMR really is & ascribe characteristics to it that it doesn't possess.

Edit: You'll notice that you're right on the borderline too btw. If your Bindings weren't at least 1/2 upgraded, you'd only be getting about 7% boosted haste rating & that'd mean it'd keep on reforging to crit rather than haste. The crossover point with your stat weights is a 1/2 upgraded 553 Binding trinket (there are hidden extra digits on the trinket's % boost). You can verify this by manually swapping in a non-upgraded trinket while leaving the rest of your gear as-is.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2014-02-02 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    People who hate on it are actually just hating on the stat weights being used, or else have some weird hangup against calculators. TBH generally speaking they just don't understand what AMR really is & ascribe characteristics to it that it doesn't possess.
    I wish more people could grasp this.

AMR + self specified statweights = Best optimizing tool in the internet

AMR + shit user who doesn't understand how calculator works = Worst optimizing tool in the internet

I have NEVER had any issues with AMR reforging to the wrong stat.

Deleted
    Never found much difference between them to be honest!

Deleted
    Even if you put in your own custom stat weights. AMR will modify those weights if you are wearing an amplification trinket, simcraft already takes this into account when generating your weights so you will get a double dip on the amplification. This leads to haste and mastery being overvalued and is in my opinion a flaw with AMR.

When I put in custom weights in it I want it to calculate based on those weights, currently it does not do that if you have amplification.

Deleted
    Stat weights themselves though are largely irrelevant. At least in my opinion.

My method is to follow a stat priority instead.

For example I may go Mastery > Haste > Crit, or Haste (to a breakpoint) > Mastery > Haste > Crit.

I tweak the stat weights to reflect this. You never want to SimC, generate stat weights, then use those to reforge. You'll only mess things up as when you resim yourself, those weights will usually be vastly different.

If all you want to do is balance haste and crit, then you can set yourself haste soft caps and fiddle around with the numbers until you hit that sweet spot. It's as simple as that.

TLR - don't blindly follow stat weights, especially those generated in SimC (which are only relevant to your current stat allocation) as a method of reforging.

Deleted
    If all you want is a stat priority it's easiest to just put that priority into reforgelite or a similar addon without using AMR at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Even if you put in your own custom stat weights. AMR will modify those weights if you are wearing an amplification trinket, simcraft already takes this into account when generating your weights so you will get a double dip on the amplification. This leads to haste and mastery being overvalued and is in my opinion a flaw with AMR.

When I put in custom weights in it I want it to calculate based on those weights, currently it does not do that if you have amplification.
    Now that's an interesting, and accurate, complaint. Don't entirely agree with your conclusion, but I also don't entirely disagree.

Personally I avoid using AMR for trinket selection - I tell it what to use & leave it at that. When selecting trinkets you have to make assumptions about trinket values and, while AMR outlines their valuations, I don't always agree with them (particularly on healers/tanks) so I force specific trinket selections. Unfortunately even forced trinket selection is going to get weird in this case.

However I'd regard the double amping as a flaw of SimC rather than AMR. When I calculate stat weights, I'm interested in the stat weight (i.e. what AMR expects) rather than the amp'd stat weight (i.e. what SimC actually gives you) - but you could argue either side of that. It's an order-of-operations dispute.

Presumably you'd be able to work around it by creating a custom trinket in SimC with a proc equivalent to the Binding's but no other stats (i.e. so you're removing the binding's amplification in SimC). You then equip the Bindings normally in AMR & let it handle the amp multiplication with your ampless stat weights.

I'm thinking of something like:

trinket1=nonupgraded_normal_mode_ampless_dps_caster_amp_trinket,equip=onspellhit_11761int_ 15%_115cd_20dur

I wouldn't guarantee that I've made that trinket exactly right, the proc trigger may be off but the rest should be ok (maybe.. probably...).

If anyone's interested, details for how to create custom item procs in SimC are available at: http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...quipment#Procs

PS. All this is probably waaaay overblown for the OP & most other users, 7-8% variance in crit vs haste/mastery just won't have a practical effect for them, but perfecting the accuracy of modelling is always an interesting topic imo.

PPS. There's some discussion of why the factor in the amp trinket in the AMR forums in an unholy dk thread. One of the AMR devs explains that the issue is they need to dynamically calculate swapping between trinket options - hence they need to either factor in the amplification precisely, assign it a arbitrary value, or neglect the effect completely. So they chose the precise version, which only then becomes an issue because SimC is also doing the same thing while it's calculating stat weights.

Edit: Upon consideration I'm probably taking it too far.

Given that SimC needs to factor in the amp trinket to allow it to dynamically update stats against each other, and AMR also needs to factor in the trinket to dynamically update items against each other, simply adjusting your mastery/haste/spirit by 1.X% for your amp trinket probably really is the appropriate method.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2014-02-02 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    If all you want is a stat priority it's easiest to just put that priority into reforgelite or a similar addon without using AMR at all.
    I had some issues with reforgelite (wasn't working properly at least, and was unable to reforge my gear as accurately as AMR could).

AMR also does your gems for you which I consider to be a plus. Sometimes if you're going for a particular haste break point, AMR can work out that by shuffling a few gems around along with your reforge, you can end up with a net gain of various stats. The differences certainly aren't major, in fact we're only talking a maximum of say 100-200 stats, but it's the small min maxing which I enjoy, regardless of it not necessarily having a tangible impact in-game (what's 500 dps in a sea of 400k, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    2/2 upgraded 553 ilvl bindings increase your haste rating by 8%, but have no effect on your crit rating.

Therefore 100 crit would have a stat weight of 450 (100 times 4.5)

While 100 haste would turn into 108 haste, which has a stat weight of 453.6 (108 times 4.2)

Ergo when reforging any equal amount, you get marginally more value out of haste (with those weights).

So yes, it's your Bindings.

AMR is nothing but a calculator. Give it stat weights, it'll give you the optimal balance for them. It used to have to approximate, but nowadays it's virtually always guaranteed optimal (and tells you if it's not).

Edit: You'll notice that you're right on the borderline too btw. If your Bindings weren't at least 1/2 upgraded, you'd only be getting about 7% boosted haste rating & that'd mean it'd keep on reforging to crit rather than haste. The crossover point with your stat weights is a 1/2 upgraded 553 Binding trinket (there are hidden extra digits on the trinket's % boost). You can verify this by manually swapping in a non-upgraded trinket while leaving the rest of your gear as-is.

I see, tyvm for the answer, exactly what i was looking for

and
    Link to my profile: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u..._blade/mainoff

10+ Year Old Account
    I use AMR for my main, because it does gems as well and it's just fine if you tell it what weightings and breakpoints to use. I use Reforgelite for alts, because I'm lazy; but it does seem to struggle with Bindings recalculations if you don't unequip and switch it out about 20 times. :\