Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Urgh English Food... Honestly right, as an Englishmen, especially from the North, I'm a damn outcast when it comes to food.

I find it dull, it reminds me of dog food, it stinks worse than dog food, and people look forward to eating it as a Sunday Meal!

Jesus Christ, feed me some cultural foreign food any day! I find it hilarious when people say our Sunday meals are healthy... excuse me? There is more salt and unhealthy fats in a Sunday Dinner than my weekly recommended amount!
    Eh huh? Whats a Sunday dinner?

*American flag colored question marks over head*

Also, Chips and Bangers are delicious and also the only two words most Americans know regarding English food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Eh huh? Whats a Sunday dinner?

*American flag colored question marks over head*

Also, Chips and Bangers are delicious and also the only two words most Americans know regarding English food.

Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, and gravy.

Roast parsnips and cauliflower cheese are optional.

No broccoli, under any circumstances.

You can substitute roast lamb or, if you are a bit odd, roast chicken, for the beef. Lamb should be served with mint sauce, the really thick kind, not the watery crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, and gravy.

Roast parsnips and cauliflower cheese are optional.

You can substitute roast lamb or, if you are a bit odd, roast chicken, for the beef. Lamb should be served with mint sauce, the really thick kind, not the watery crap.
    That picture brings a tear to my eye.

[IMG]
    cauliflower cheese
    Cauliflower.......cheese?

I'm repulsed and intrigued at the same time.

Deleted

It's all about broccoli in a sunday roast you dirty heathen.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All don't care for any fancy French gourmet meals. There's nothing I'd rather have than mashed potatoes, carrots and a big bastard chunk of British beef.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    It's all about broccoli in a sunday roast you dirty heathen.
    I don't eat moss, I'm not a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Cauliflower.......cheese?

I'm repulsed and intrigued at the same time.
    It's cauliflower covered in a cheese sauce.

I don't eat moss, I'm not a deer.

It's cauliflower covered in a cheese sauce.

OOOOOOOOOOH! I thought you made cheese out of cauliflower. I didn't understand how that was good or even possible, this clears things up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOH! I thought you made cheese out of cauliflower. I didn't understand how that was good or even possible, this clears things up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    vem fan kör bea på kebaben?
    It's a pretty common thing, actually. But now that you mention it, that is not béarnaise on that picture.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Fish and chips & all kinds yucky shit stuffed into pies is what comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Power View Post
    However i've noticed that there's a complete lack of range.
    Where are you visiting? My town has ridiculous variety in cuisine, but that might just be because our population is really diverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    It's a pretty common thing, actually. But now that you mention it, that is not béarnaise on that picture.
    It looks more like a garlic dressing. Bearnaise is more yellow :P Kebab med bearnaise er lidt kvalmt, hvis jeg skal være helt ærlig.

I'm Greek, and honestly, aside from maybe Italian and Mexican, most cuisines are not as good as the food I grew up eating, in my opinion.

Ex-gf was Thai, school friends were mostly Japanese and Korean. Got my fill of Asian food. The novelty wears off fast and it's just as boring after a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spent 10 days in London but was a long time ago. Food was shit, everyhting was dripping with fat including the home cooked meals.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

London dining isnt the same, as even the population of london is 50% non-english, so the food you eat there kind of isnt "british food"
    you would have to go out of london for that, and yes its not the best.
    It does have some really good curries, but outside of that? good lord.

And i also lived in the US for 3 years, it doesnt have fine dining and good food? where in hell are you O_o
    It has tons of amazingly good restaurants, many from, just as in london, other cultures, but it sure has them.
    Just stay away from the fastfoodnation parts.

My Chef in my fine dining restaurant is British. He'll be the first to tell you traditional British food is bland. You can always pick out highlights but there's a reason ethnic cooking is huge in Britain. The fact that you're listed 'American' foods were hamburger and BBQ just shows how limited of an approach you took to your culinary exploration of the US.
    Is this where the header goes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Never heard that England has such bad food.

The USA however, I've heard a whole lot about from friends that has been on holiday there, and family I have in Canada. They mentioned a lot of colour and sugar dominating the stores. Nothing deep though, it just seems to be that unhealthy stuff get a lot of space on the shelves and similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    All food is good depending on personal taste or how its prepared. Simple as that really. We eat a lot of polish/english (I'm a meat, mash, veggie, gravy kind of guy)/mexican/redneck food in this house though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!