Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Well, I understand where you're coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player's action to flag themselves (even if it's on accident), so I'm not sure it's us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.

In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible, misclicks and AoE's would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It's actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it's still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.

~ Bashiok
    Source

So, PvE players will finally get to avoid the PvP antics of instigators. It's about time. PvP has no place on a PvE realm. It belongs in Arenas, BGs, and PvP/RP-PvP realms. I see the need to have NPCs for "For The Alliance/Horde" to be flagged. Every other NPC should get the same setting as child characters in the game. Auctioneers, boatmen, vendors, etc. None of them should be killable, not on PvE realms. The king, city guards, and defending players should be flagged.

PvP has it's place, and now, just like neutering Twinks, we can neuter griefers.
    Its about damn time. I play on PVE realms for a reason. The fact someone can force me into flagging is bullshit. I hate that stupid forced PVP on timeless isle and it has no place in the game. I am glad they are going to fix this. That is one less group of asshats I will have to deal with. Now if they can only do something about an autoban script for those idiots in trade chat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Back near the start of the expansion, a tank friend of mine was killing Pandaria rares (which were still pretty tough at this point in the expansion.) This particular rare was in a mantid quest area with dense spawns, so he was constantly getting more mantid, so he was using his AoE rotation. Warlock sees this, flags up, get hit by a cleave and that flags my friend. Lock proceeds to move back out of melee and fear him to death.

Hitting an instant attack as your target dies can also "helpfully" automatically target a flagged opposite faction player, which is incredibly annoying.
    It's almost like you have to be situationally aware, and can't always play like it's a single-player game!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Many players on PvE realms seem to get bent out of shape over getting flagged because it interferes with their instant gratification mindset. They don't want to complete the quest in five minutes, they want to complete it right now. Anything that 'interferes' with their personal gameplay path is intolerable; they'd get equally upset if Blizzard had weather that actually affected anything. Catering to that instant gratification impulse is, imo, a big part of what's been destroying WoW.
    Yes, let all realms become PvP realms, and that will solve all of the problems in WoW.

Seriously, do you even read the shit you write?

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like you have to be situationally aware, and can't always play like it's a single-player game!
    It's almost like you chose a realm specifically because you have no interest in the type of gameplay that is already supported and encouraged on an entirely different type of realm!

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Isn't the main premise of the game Horde vs Alliance? Also, how do you accidentally flag yourself?
    Horde vs Alliance was outdated six years ago. It is outdated now as much. Story pulled from ass my Metzen&Co (i.e.: Jaina, Thrall, Varian, Garrosh etc etc all going OOC suddenly for only a vision of lolconflict) is not a reason to be suddenly flagged by some brainless smart heal, bad design spells like Halo/Cascade or idiotic uncontrolled proc of legendary cape.
    If you want my opinion, HvsA should die in a fire. I'd love to gank/reskill ingame 1/3 of my own faction, while I don't care a tiny bit about opposite faction guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't really care what happens on PvE realms... I do however have a very hard time understanding how players on PvE realms aren't bothered with the fact that they have done endless of quests trying to sabotage the opposite faction, but they don't mind group hugging and singing kumbaya my lord just because there are other players involved.
    Wow is a pve game to me. If I want to pvp I'll play eve online (which I did play since 2004 till 2011). Pvp in wow is shallow and meaningless with no death penalty. It also heavily favours the gank squad or the person initiating the combat. I can understand why people avoid it, its a pve server afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Wow is a pve game to me. If I want to pvp I'll play eve online (which I did play since 2004 till 2011). Pvp in wow is shallow and meaningless with no death penalty. It also heavily favours the gank squad or the person initiating the combat. I can understand why people avoid it, its a pve server afterall.
    On a PvE server regardless, I think you can't disagree that flagging should be fine in the spirit of it being a voluntary thing: for instance, you going into a city to raid, or purposely deciding to attempt to kill a (voluntarily) flagged person.

But right now that's not what's happening. What's happening is people encouraged (via achievement not realistically obtainable otherwise) to purposely trick others who do not want to fight into flagging. Regardless of whether they are "stupid" or "suckers" the point is, it's not really what the flags were meant to be there for.

As a caster I don't have many problems accidentally flagging but I know it's a problem for heals and melee, so I don't really have any issue with this if it is implemented right. Of course the people trolling PvE servers who are too chickenshit to roll on a PvP server are going to cry about it but, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    On a PvE server regardless, I think you can't disagree that flagging should be fine in the spirit of it being a voluntary thing: for instance, you going into a city to raid, or purposely deciding to attempt to kill a (voluntarily) flagged person.
    I agree with you there, that's fine. It's the tricking people into flagging I find meh but I can understand why people do it on TI.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I agree with you there, that's fine. It's the tricking people into flagging I find meh but I can understand why people do it on TI.
    It's a poor system (read: censer + pve servers + achievements + zero incentive to flag on a censer besides being tricked into it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    As a caster I don't have many problems accidentally flagging but I know it's a problem for heals and melee, so I don't really have any issue with this if it is implemented right. Of course the people trolling PvE servers who are too chickenshit to roll on a PvP server are going to cry about it but, who cares?
    This is really the entire beef about it. I left PvP to go to a Normal (PvE) realm. Now I find myself ready to retire and head for an RP realm. It is not a first world problem by any means, but it is an exploit used by assholes and Blizz just needs to work out the kinks

If you think you've been flag accidently on a pve realm and the evil ganker are gonna rape your poor little toon with 0 pvp power

go take a dump, grab a beer or go check some youtube video for 5 freaking minutes

no need to go batshit and open 5 tickets

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It's almost like I choose a PVE server so I DIDN"T have to worry about that stuff......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    *snip*
    At some point your life you will look back and realize how you sounded in your younger years. For your sake I hope we have time machines when that moment comes for you.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think you've been flag accidently on a pve realm and the evil ganker are gonna rape your poor little toon with 0 pvp power

go take a dump, grab a beer or go check some youtube video for 5 freaking minutes

I never once opened a ticket about it. Doesn't mean I can't welcome these changes.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

So I need to just allow the kiddie ganker to enjoy his time exploiting a function which should not exist to begin with? Riiiiiight. As for opening tickets, I've made 5 in 7 years... and 4 of them were legit issues. Maybe, instead of telling others how to enjoy their game, you could allow Blizz to hear the request for a resolution and produce one. Then again, we would not have need of a resolution if bored PvPers could keep their ADHD under control for 5 minutes.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I never once opened a ticket about it. Doesn't mean I can't welcome these changes.
    Same here. The most I've ever done over this issue is post in this thread.

Which obviously means I am flipping my shit over here in the midst of an epic nerd rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    I don't see how that's griefing by any means. How do you accidentally flag yourself and get ganked? Griefers are those guys that you see camping PvP realm starting zones for new content while players are trying to level their alts IE: Pandaria starting zones. If you get flagged healing someone that is flagged for PvP, you're knowingly assisting a flagged person. Healbot has a way already to avoid accidental flagging, so I'm not quite sure how difficult it would be for them.
    I thought AoE-ing on mobs/world bosses will hit PVP enabled enemies? Yeah.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Same here. The most I've ever done over this issue is post in this thread.

Which obviously means I am flipping my shit over here in the midst of an epic nerd rage.
    Sad part about responders who assume we are just QQing and losing our minds over something. They obviously have a hard time reading a thread as little more than a bitchfest. Were we sitting across from one another, most of what is being said would come in a calm tone of voice with a hint of sarcasm

About time, is all I can say. While certainly not the biggest issue, its one that should have been fixed right from the start. All of the "click carefully" crowd can carefully go pvp on a pvp realm.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    About time, is all I can say. While certainly not the biggest issue, its one that should have been fixed right from the start. All of the "click carefully" crowd can carefully go pvp on a pvp realm.
    Very well said