10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Paladin-guide! says 4+ targets, although I usually swap seals at a bit more than that. Ret AOE isn't bad at all, I decided to gear up my old paladin alt late this xpac (used to be holy), did 300k dps on LFR Garrosh at a 517 ilvl with 600k burst, no wipe stacks.

The dps in that group was pretty terrible though, I was the only one attacking the adds besides the tank.

Aoe is still pretty terrible. It's a bit rough using it(Atm anyways).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The only thing that I don't like about ret aoe is the targeting requirement for hammer of the righteous, have to swap targets often if there are a ton of little adds with low hp. Divine storm is nice and easy and mobile, though.

It's kindof annoying that you have to weave other single target attacks in there to build holy power.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that I don't like about ret aoe is the targeting requirement for hammer of the righteous, have to swap targets often if there are a ton of little adds with low hp. Divine storm is nice and easy and mobile, though.

It's kindof annoying that you have to weave other single target attacks in there to build holy power.

-Retribution Tier 16 4 Set baseline...needs to be tweaked though. I really like instant Divine Storm aswell as Divine Storm as single target.
    or
    -Give Consecration back to Retribution
    or both, you know

The only thing that I don't like about ret aoe is the targeting requirement for hammer of the righteous
    #showtooltip Hammer of the Righteous
    /targetenemy [noharm]
    /startattack
    /cast Hammer of the Righteous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Watcher's job title has changed from "Lead Encounter Designer" to "Lead Game Designer", the same title that Tom Chilton has? I wonder if Tom Chilton got the Jay Wilson treatment over the WoD delays.
    You do realize Ghostcrawler had the Lead Game Designer Title aswell even though he was Lead Systems Designer. Its just a promotion, hes now at the same Level as Tom Chilton, Jay Allen Brack & Cory Stockton. The only people higher up are Alex Afrasiabi, Jeffrey Kaplan, Chris Metzen & Rob Pardo.

Cory Stockton has the same Title - https://twitter.com/mumper
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-04-24 at 07:59 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    I find it a little amusing that people always have the mindset of WoW=Blizzcon. Ever hear of Starcraft? Diablo? Hearthstone? Heroes of the Storm? Blizzard is NOT going to delay an expansion to a billion dollar franchise because of a convention that celebrates ALL of their five games. Even more laughable is that people think that the "live raid" for WoW is important enough to delay an expansion...REALLY? LOL!?! After laughing so hard, let me ask you this - did you ever stop to think about how awesome that "live raid" would be when there was no raid instance to raid because the expansion wasn't out yet? What are they going to raid, a beta instance? SoO AGAIN one year after it was released? As a side note, Blizzcon takes a metric TON of work to prepare for it - do you think they are going to stop working for a month on an expansion that would already be incredibly late just to prepare for a 2-day convention?

The expansion is coming somewhere between August 1st (that would be a "we finished early!" *wink*) and October 31st - most likely mid-late September.
    So, I thought I'd like to add this to the speculation of WoD's release date. And this to me makes so much sense. Who wants to see another live raid of SoO at blizzcon? They would get so much crap for having a SoO live raid at this years' blizzcon. It makes too much sense to release it before Blizzcon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Watcher's job title has changed from "Lead Encounter Designer" to "Lead Game Designer", the same title that Tom Chilton has? I wonder if Tom Chilton got the Jay Wilson treatment over the WoD delays.
    Isn't Tom Chilton the Game Director?
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/459241682580430849
    Great question for the community: who do you really want as a follower? I mean anyone. Like, aaanyone.
    this guy is the dev who is working on Garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's several Lead Game designers, they are just responsible for different things. Right now, Holinka is one, Watcher/Ion is one, Cory/Mumper is another. Tom Chilton, etc, are responsible for different thing's and basicy serve as the guideance for the team, but theres several in the same position but with different responsabilities, like Furor/Alex, Dave Kosak, Jay allen, for example.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-04-24 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Other than the news on the front page, have I missed anything since yesterday?

I am looking forward getting some more information on garrisons, I want to be able to plan how to best use my resources at launch. Interesting those comments about the profession buildings though. They had previously said they would be a limited version of professions but now they seems to be saying they are going to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Other than the news on the front page, have I missed anything since yesterday?

I am looking forward getting some more information on garrisons, I want to be able to plan how to best use my resources at launch. Interesting those comments about the profession buildings though. They had previously said they would be a limited version of professions but now they seems to be saying they are going to be similar.
    Not really. The last we've heard on the garrisons blogs is that Zarhym gave Mumper a first draft of the first one earlier this week, so I doubt we'll get that anytime soon.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/458742081633017856

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/458803285130895360
    Last edited by brothernads; 2014-04-24 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you were supposed to be swapping seals for ret currently if you had 8+ targets.
    Yes, but now we have to seal swap or 4 or more instead to even be able to use hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    So that's where all my tinfoil went.
    Makes you wonder if Blizz is actually owned by the government since they still hand out promotions and raises when they do NOT meet deadline expectations. In most companies if you dont meet deadline expectations you get fired

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Makes you wonder if Blizz is actually owned by the government since they still hand out promotions and raises when they do NOT meet deadline expectations. In most companies if you dont meet deadline expectations you get fired
    Or, y'know, you have no idea of the internal deadlines. Hell, for all we know, the deadline for WoD has been end of 2014 all along. Unless you work there, you simply can't know.

I'm not defending Blizzard here, the expansion really is taking too long - but you can't run off at the mouth about internal workings of the company when you have no real idea *shrug*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    So, I thought I'd like to add this to the speculation of WoD's release date. And this to me makes so much sense. Who wants to see another live raid of SoO at blizzcon? They would get so much crap for having a SoO live raid at this years' blizzcon. It makes too much sense to release it before Blizzcon!
    I think I've long since given up on guessing, but the live raid issue aside, the last part of the quote occurred to me too. On one hand, it does make sense that the release will be after Blizzcon. Others have posted reasons for that and I could buy into probably 80% of them. At the same time, how is Blizzard going to manage to take a month off basically to prepare for and run Blizzcon if the con is a mere 2 to 6 weeks from release? Time management really isn't their strong suit. Bottom line, I continue to waffle. We're a mere 6 days shy of May 1st. No FnF yet, no beta yet, no idea of a testing schedule, 6.0 will have to go on the PTR, umpteen blogs are in the works, vanilla models still haven't been unveiled, Blizzcon is on the books, there's a more or less drop dead delivery deadline of 12/21... what's going to happen???? /chews fingernails

10+ Year Old Account
    We get two raids at launch (blackrock foundry & highmaul). Perhaps they release WoD before Blizzcon and delay the 2nd raid a bit...so progression for the first raid is over and we can watch it live during Blizzcon; two weeks after that, release of the 2nd raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    We get two raids at launch (blackrock foundry & highmaul). Perhaps they release WoD before Blizzcon and delay the 2nd raid a bit...so progression for the first raid is over and we can watch it live during Blizzcon; two weeks after that, release of the 2nd raid.
    Thats the option that makes most sense to me. Hopefully it wil be the case.
    (Dream would be relese of WoD so much before BlizzCon that progression of both is done )
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/459241682580430849
    Great question for the community: who do you really want as a follower? I mean anyone. Like, aaanyone.
    this guy is the dev who is working on Garrisons.
    I don't have a Twitter account but I want to nominate Millhouse Manastorm.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I think I've long since given up on guessing, but the live raid issue aside, the last part of the quote occurred to me too. On one hand, it does make sense that the release will be after Blizzcon. Others have posted reasons for that and I could buy into probably 80% of them. At the same time, how is Blizzard going to manage to take a month off basically to prepare for and run Blizzcon if the con is a mere 2 to 6 weeks from release? Time management really isn't their strong suit. Bottom line, I continue to waffle. We're a mere 6 days shy of May 1st. No FnF yet, no beta yet, no idea of a testing schedule, 6.0 will have to go on the PTR, umpteen blogs are in the works, vanilla models still haven't been unveiled, Blizzcon is on the books, there's a more or less drop dead delivery deadline of 12/21... what's going to happen???? /chews fingernails
    When they are in the last month or so before release, they are really only working on fine tuning bugs. All of the major systems changes need to be pretty much completed by the time 6.0 goes live. Plus, one reason they want to test raids earlier in the beta process might be that they don't want to be cramming testing sessions in the last 2 weeks before release, which is usually what happens. Maybe the reason they don't want that is because Blizzcon and Blizzcon preparations (both on the development team side and with top guilds) will be going on during that last minute crunch period?

I am also not buying that the idea of releasing the second raid after Blizzcon and the first raid before is that realistic. Let's say they release September 30. They have said they are considering a 2 week gap between release and the first raids this time. If that happens.

September 30 - Release
    October 14 - Normal/Heroic Highmaul Opens
    October 21 - Mythic Highmaul Opens
    Blizzcon - 2 weeks later

2 weeks is not a big enough gap between progression starting and Blizzcon for a 7 boss raid. If you look at T14 as an example; MSV was a shorter raid (6 bosses) and it took 42 days for 25 US 25 man guilds to clear it on heroic. I can't see any rational argument for there being less than a month between Highmaul opening on Mythic and Blizzcon. It will screw over too many people. They can't release it before Blizzcon without major problems.

This is 100% their fault as well; they decided when to schedule Blizzcon and they decided to protract the development of WoD. The result of their actions means they are pretty much locked to a November release. Although, it's entirely possible/likely that they scheduled Blizzcon at that time knowing they wouldn't be ready until November.

Step back away from your narrow obsession with the top 100 guilds. You're way too obsessed with them and looking through far too a narrow filter.

The world of WoW does not revolve around them.