10+ Year Old Account

Auctionator and Market Prices

Hello guys. New to the game and recently starting tapping into the wonders of the auction house.

I have looked around for some addons and I am currently using auctionator. I have realized one problem with this tool. Since a lot of people have it, a lot of undercutting takes place. This is dropping market prices extremely quickly. The addon does not take into account market prices.

I went from 92g to 12K in one week as a first trial. But my most lucrative commodity has dropped by 7g in 1 week.

How do you combat that with autionator? We are killing market prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Hello guys. New to the game and recently starting tapping into the wonders of the auction house.

I have looked around for some addons and I am currently using auctionator. I have realized one problem with this tool. Since a lot of people have it, a lot of undercutting takes place. This is dropping market prices extremely quickly. The addon does not take into account market prices.

I went from 92g to 12K in one week as a first trial. But my most lucrative commodity has dropped by 7g in 1 week.

How do you combat that with autionator? We are killing market prices.
    I don't "get" this problem tbh. You are able to customize how you want to undercut like 1 copper or 1 silver under the Auctionator Options

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    I don't "get" this problem tbh. You are able to customize how you want to undercut like 1 copper or 1 silver under the Auctionator Options
    From your answer I understand that the competition is not respecting market prices. I usually set the "undercut rate" manually. I did not know you could set it automatically. I always undercut on silver or copper never with gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    From your answer I understand that the competition is not respecting market prices. I usually set the "undercut rate" manually. I did not know you could set it automatically. I always undercut on silver or copper never with gold.
    The economy on your server is a free market and usually determined my demand and supply. If you have got enough wealth, you may be able to manipulate the market.
    Of course, many think that there is an unspoken "rule" to just undercut by one copper becuase there is no sense in undercutting more. You WILL be undercut anyway so why hurting the margins?
    The casual seller thinks his stuff will sell as "fast" as possible by undercutting for xx%. You can't fight that. Buy their stuff and try to keep the prices to the "market level" or just leave it.
    I am often tanking the prices with deep undercutting, because it is possible on my server and I make profit. I had ingame-mails and whispers with similiar subjects: "stop killing profits".
    But then again, I reply what I began with: This is a free market.
    Last edited by mmoc06f8203238; 2014-02-07 at 03:28 PM.